Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
BDiesel324
Banned

BDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default The Top 5 QBs of the Decade

Not counting Brady and P. Manning.

Who is in your Top 5?

I can't think of my Top 5, but here are the guys that should be in the conversation

-Philip Rivers
-Drew Brees
-Ben Roethlisberger
-Brett Favre
-Kurt Warner
-Donovan McNabb
-Carson Palmer
-Eli Manning
BDiesel324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: The Top 5 QBs of the Decade

Favre
McNabb
Brees
Warner
Roethlisberger

There really is no discussion for anyone else. Rivers only has four seasons under his belt......Palmer flat out isn't good enough.... Elis not in the discussion...

Favre played the whole decade....

Brees started for 8 years...has a ring and superbowl MVP....most productive quarterback in the league since his time with the Saints....best playoff quarterback currently playing....

Warner had six years where he was starter, and a bunch of other starts when he wasn't the "starter." Clutch playoff performer....

McNabb...played the whole decade and enjoyed sustained success with the Eagles...

Roethlisberger has six years....two rings.... clutch playoff resume/regular season resume.

I'd probably take:

Favre
McNabb
Brees

Because they played basically the whole decade. Give me 10 years of someone over 6 years of another quarterback in similar ability.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

gotta put vick in there after the last 2 weeks. just outstanding. riiite
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
gotta put vick in there after the last 2 weeks. just outstanding. riiite

I think you have misread the title. Top 5 QB's of the decade. If you are serious I'm definitely disagreeing with you there.

Top 5 besides Manning and Brady for me are:
- Drew Brees
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Brett Favre
- Donovan Mcnabb
- Kurt Warner
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation

Carbine and NY-Knicks hit the nail on the head.

Those are easily the "2nd tier" of QB's over the last decade (I think you could argue Warner as a "1st Tier" QB over the last decade though; man was a beast in STL and ARI).
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Donovan McNabb
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
Ne 1
College superstar

Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Favre
McNabb
Brees
Warner
Roethlisberger

There really is no discussion for anyone else. Rivers only has four seasons under his belt......Palmer flat out isn't good enough.... Elis not in the discussion...

Favre played the whole decade....

Brees started for 8 years...has a ring and superbowl MVP....most productive quarterback in the league since his time with the Saints....best playoff quarterback currently playing....

Warner had six years where he was starter, and a bunch of other starts when he wasn't the "starter." Clutch playoff performer....

McNabb...played the whole decade and enjoyed sustained success with the Eagles...

Roethlisberger has six years....two rings.... clutch playoff resume/regular season resume.

I'd probably take:

Favre
McNabb
Brees

Because they played basically the whole decade. Give me 10 years of someone over 6 years of another quarterback in similar ability.

I don't know about Roethlisberger. Hes only played 6 seasons, and two of those were nothing to write home about, and only 2 of those seasons he tossed more then 20 TDs. Carson Palmer has posted nearly identical stats to Roethlisberger over the same number of games, but didn't have the Steelers defense to get him a couple rings. However, I guess most people feel obligated to go with Roethlisberger because of the rings.

Other than that, the only other QB I could make a serious argument for would be Steve McNair.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I'd like to see that argument. I see no way you could logically put him over Brees, McNabb and Favre.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: