Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Lets be honest about Ricky Rubio....

Does anyone think he'll actually suit up for the Minnesota Timberwolves???

As much as I like his talent and game, and respect the decision to draft him as a valuable asset.... I just really don't think he has any desire to play in the Twin Cities.

What kind of players could we realistically trade for using the rights to Ricky Rubio?? The question demands consideration into the needs of the team that is trading for him, Rubio's desire to play in a big or warm market, as well as what the Timberwolves would realistically be looking for in return.

My first thought would obviously be to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph plus a pick??
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lets be honest about Ricky Rubio....

Trade him.
I like Randolph but I dont see him fitting in with Love, Tolliver and Beasley playing some 4.
I would like a young C instead, like a Roy Hibbert.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

haha!

I think the TWolves should look to trade Rubio for a shooting guard that can play toight defense and hit 3's.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I don't see him play for us, which is cool. I respect that. I want players that want to be here in Minnesota. You know, make a team better and make a name for yourself. I don't want players playing for us with one eye on the free agent window, Rubio strikes me as that type of player. He would be a distraction. I think that Rubio would be a popular player here in Minnesota, a real fan favorite. But I can tell that he wants to play for a winner, which is cool. Nothing wrong with that. But having Rubio's draft rights might be a blessing.....I hope.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo

haha!

I think the TWolves should look to trade Rubio for a shooting guard that can play toight defense and hit 3's.
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Sterlingsucks has an OK reputation so far

If I was Minny I would try to trade his rights to NY Knicks for Landry Fields and Toney Douglas IMO you will not get a fair offer for him being that the whole NBA knows he does not want to be in Minny at all.
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
If I was Minny I would try to trade his rights to NY Knicks for Landry Fields and Toney Douglas IMO you will not get a fair offer for him being that the whole NBA knows he does not want to be in Minny at all.

He may not want to be in Minnesota.... but the Wolves do own his draft rights.

If he wants to play in the NBA, play against the best players in the world, and make the big-time money that comes with pro ball in the U.S..... then he'll have to do it through the Wolves.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad the Wolves are being patient with the asset that is Ricky Rubio. Its not like he'd come in and single-handedly make them a playoff team.

I say wait until the 2012/13 season, where Rubio can not only opt out of his Euro contract (that otherwise has a steep buyout that MUST come from Rubio himself), but he also isn't tied down by the Rookie-Wage-Scale of the NBA.

If he wants to be in the NBA, he can at least start his career in Minnesota, where he can establish REAL value, and garner something in return for the Wolves.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
My first thought would obviously be to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph plus a pick??

We got Randolph for Corey Brewer instead of Ricky Rubio.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I don't see him playing for us here in Minnesota. He will have to be traded. What we get, I am not sure.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: