Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default 2010/11 NHL Thread

The NHL makes it triumphant return.

First game of the year taking place right now with Minnesota playing Carolina in Helsinki, Finland.

Guillame Latendresse has scored the first goal of the season.

The game everyone is waiting for is tonight at 7pm EST.

Habs vs. Leafs

Should be a battle!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2010/11 NHL Thread

Hopefully that smokin hot broad in your avatar streaks the ice
Old 10-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'll ask her if she wants to
Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't wait to see both the Leafs and the Penguins play.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Leafs 3, Habs 2 and Kessel already has a goal. Liking the start of the season already. If Giguere can return to his solid form of a couple years ago I think the Leafs MIGHT have a playoff shot. Also, as Cherry said, someone get Kadri up to the bigs. It's like Cito is somehow running the Leafs now.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
baller03
Kids at the park dunk on me

baller03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Leafs 3, Habs 2 and Kessel already has a goal. Liking the start of the season already. If Giguere can return to his solid form of a couple years ago I think the Leafs MIGHT have a playoff shot. Also, as Cherry said, someone get Kadri up to the bigs. It's like Cito is somehow running the Leafs now.

yeah man totallly agree with cherry (this time). this kid needs to play with the leafs. play him on the wing on the 3rd or second line.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jordan Eberle has always been awesome in my books for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piXP-wZmzc4

But this last night was ridiculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxR4LiqOr4
Old 10-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Yay, a win. It only took 9 games to get one last year...
Old 10-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

We're under new captaincy don't expect anything to repeat itself from last season.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Leafs-Sens tonight.

I m not liking our chances without Spezza.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

Did you see the game? Totally stole it.

I don't know what all the hand wringing over Price was about this off season.
If you wouldn't choose a 22 year old goalie already in his 3rd year in the league, with a career 61-49 record, 2.73 GAA and .912 SV% over a 25 year old with less experience and basically the exact same career stats (2.62 GAA, .919 SV%)... you're insane.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

That's the thing, man. I was very happy with that trade.

I think Halak and Price are pretty equal at this point in their careers. Price had some confidence issues post-injury and the emergence of Halak definitely didn't help his cause. He has great career numbers, he's only 22, and he's playing in perhaps the nastiest environment in pro sports.

I'm interested in seeing how Halak's season goes this year. I wish him well, I like the Blues and I'm a fan of his, but I don't think he repeats last years performances.

Lars Eller had a great first game, was kind of invincible tonight, but he was on 4th line duty. I expect if Pouliot keeps playing poorly he'll get a shot on the Gomez/Gionta line before long.

And yes, I saw the game.

In both games (leafs/pens), no team clearly outplayed the other in my opinion, but towards the end of tonights game, it looked clear that the Penguins would win because of Montreals inability to get the puck across the blueline and sustain any pressure. Couple bounces here and there is all it takes sometimes. It seems like last season Montreal was on the wrong end of those foolish bounces.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Scary moment in Atlanta tonight.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1750765/

Quote:
Atlanta Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavelec was in stable condition at a hospital Friday night after collapsing to the ice in the early minutes of the season-opening game against the Washington Capitals.

Thrashers GM Rick Dudley told The Associated Press during the second intermission that the 23-year-old Pavelec had regained consciousness at a hospital. The team later released a statement saying preliminary tests failed to determine any serious health problems.

Seems like he's going to be fine for now, but they'll need to find out what exactly happened to him.

I actually know Ondrej pretty well, he played his junior hockey in my hometown and a close friend of mine was on his team. Really great guy, hope everything works out for him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread