Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

dwadefan11 has not been impressing people
Default All Basketball "Confidence" "In Game" problems solved

You have to realize you have to be aggressive to play well, not even confident just aggresive.

Look to score every time. EVERY TIME. THIS IS NOT BAD FOR YOUR TEAM.
Even great distributers drop 20 or 30 almost every night. Does this ruin the teams chemistry? NO. Basketball is a team game but if you want to make it, you have to shoot and be looking to create a play everytime. There is really no such thing as a role player in basketball at the highschool level if you are working out a lot of times on your skills. If you miss 3 times... WHO CARES. Basketball is a selfish game, survival of the fittest. I'm tired of all these threads about how to "fit in". Just go out and do you ala Iverson and let the chips fall where they may.

! Once you get to a serious level of ball (college) this may change, but high school just look for your points/assists everytime, no one is going to help you make the road easier, you have to TAKE IT YOURSELF
dwadefan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: All Basketball "Confidence" "In Game" problems solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadefan11
You have to realize you have to be aggressive to play well, not even confident just aggresive.

Look to score every time. EVERY TIME. THIS IS NOT BAD FOR YOUR TEAM.
Even great distributers drop 20 or 30 almost every night. Does this ruin the teams chemistry? NO. Basketball is a team game but if you want to make it, you have to shoot and be looking to create a play everytime. There is really no such thing as a role player in basketball at the highschool level if you are working out a lot of times on your skills. If you miss 3 times... WHO CARES. Basketball is a selfish game, survival of the fittest. I'm tired of all these threads about how to "fit in". Just go out and do you ala Iverson and let the chips fall where they may.

! Once you get to a serious level of ball (college) this may change, but high school just look for your points/assists everytime, no one is going to help you make the road easier, you have to TAKE IT YOURSELF

I agree with you.
But i think (like u said) that's the way to play HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I agree with you.
But i think (like u said) that's the way to play HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL.

Yeah I mean pro teams in europe (like where you play) and colleges you can adjust your game, but high school is not a problem
Old 10-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah I mean pro teams in europe (like where you play) and colleges you can adjust your game, but high school is not a problem

I can't say a lot, but i have some american teammates that talk about high school and they say that is like "you play for your yourself, nothing else matter".
Old 10-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I can't say a lot, but i have some american teammates that talk about high school and they say that is like "you play for your yourself, nothing else matter".

Here's a quote about J.R. Smith that kind of describes what you mean: "The stat line says J.R. only took five shots in 15 minutes (9 pts), but trust us: He was looking to shoot every single time he got the ball. The only time he passed was when he couldn’t find the look he wanted, and he usually called for the ball right back."
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Here's a quote about J.R. Smith that kind of describes what you mean: "The stat line says J.R. only took five shots in 15 minutes (9 pts), but trust us: He was looking to shoot every single time he got the ball. The only time he passed was when he couldn’t find the look he wanted, and he usually called for the ball right back."

Yeah exactly that sums it up
Old 10-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

yea I guess this is true. I have sunk into the mentality of trying to get everyone involved and be an unselfish player. I guess that has to change.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
yea I guess this is true. I have sunk into the mentality of trying to get everyone involved and be an unselfish player. I guess that has to change.

Exactly, me too. So does this mean that you have to start putting shots up every time? I guess I could shoot more, but is the key stats? Points/assists, what about rebounds? Should one try and go for defensive rebounds or head out on the break? Or grab the rebound, initiate the break and try to score/create?
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Exactly, me too. So does this mean that you have to start putting shots up every time? I guess I could shoot more, but is the key stats? Points/assists, what about rebounds? Should one try and go for defensive rebounds or head out on the break? Or grab the rebound, initiate the break and try to score/create?

Thinking too much... do whatever has the best chance for you to get the ball, if rebound has a chance of coming to you, then try to get it, if not, then break out
Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
Maga_1

You just have to "read the game", there is games that you have to be a scorer, there's game that you have to get some rebounds .. it depends.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #11
623baller
dedicate

623baller has an OK reputation so far

looking to score every time is correct

trying to score every time is incorrect

being a scoring threat opens up things for you and your teammates

there's a fine line between putting up shots every time versus putting up good shots every time
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 623baller
looking to score every time is correct

trying to score every time is incorrect

being a scoring threat opens up things for you and your teammates

there's a fine line between putting up shots every time versus putting up good shots every time

That«s the main point.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

Quote:
That«s the main point.

Yeah I agree, but I'm just talking about the people who think taking 10 shots a game is ball hogging
Old 10-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
Maga_1

Quote:
Yeah I agree, but I'm just talking about the people who think taking 10 shots a game is ball hogging

It depends on the shoots. If they were contested? yea
Old 10-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #15
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The mentality i try is much broader and is to score on every possession i have the ball, know my spots, what to do against the defense in those spots, knowing where my teammates are, getting them shots i know they can make and attacking defenders who are noticeably weaker be it in a zone or a mismatch on a man and so on and so on.

You can go into a game with a simple aggressive/passive mentality all you want and you can argue that aggressive is better in most situations and sure it may be but when it comes to basketball it is all about the situation and adapting to the given situation as opposed to a pre-determined mentality.

I'm not sitting here on my high horse acting like i have the ideal mentality or approach but i do know that in order to lift my game to the next level or for anyone on any level to lift their game to another level attention to detail needs to be applied and, if you look at the best teams/players in the world you will find that they all do the 1 percenters the best communication/shooting form/reading the defense etc.

/End Rant i guess
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: