Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Tru Baller 209
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Trade

Ben Wallace and Scott Skiles seem to be clashing... What would you say to this trade.
Trade #1:
Chicago trades away:
Ben Wallace
Chris Duhon

New York Trades away:
Stephon Marbury
Channing Frye.
2nd Round Draft Pick
Cash

Trade # 2:
New York Trades Away
Mardy Collins
Jamal Crawford

Denver Trades Away:
Andre Miller

Trade #3:
New York Trades Away:
Steve Francis

Memphis Trades Away:
Eddie Jones (expirer)

New York Lineup
PG: Andre Miller, Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson,
SG: Eddie Jones, Quentin Richardson, Nate Robinson
SF: Jared Jeffries, Renaldo Balkman, Quentin Richardson, David Lee
PF: Ben Wallace, David Lee, Jared Jeffries
C: Eddy Curry, Ben Wallace, Jerome James, Kelvin Cato

Due to restrictions on his contract, this trade could only take place after Dec. 15th

This lineup looks a lot more balanced. We instantly get bigger. I think Ben Walllace can play PF because he is a modest 6'9". I think he can guard any PF in the league as well as he can guard any center.

David Lee and Ben Wallace would be nitty gritty tough interior defenders and rebounders to compliment are soft center, Eddy Curry, who is more of an offensive weapon. I think we could use the pick from Chicago in this draft to draft a skilled center/power forward --> Yi Jianlin or Josh McRoberts. I think David Lee and/or Ben Wallace would be able to compliment these guys well. Ben then would have the freedom to move back down to Center on defense.

Andre Miller would be able to take care of the ball, and knows how to be a pure PG as opposed to Marbury and Francis who are simply trying to figure that out

Eddie Jones is an expirer, and can still hit the 3, and would be good on defense and be a mentor for the rookies.

lemme know what you think...

Last edited by Tru Baller 209 : 11-27-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Tru Baller 209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Ummm yeah, that's highway robbery for us right there.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #3
trig
Decent college freshman

any trade involving marbury and francis is a good trade. It will be very hard to trade those two unless your trading them for an even worst contract.

if isiah can do those trades, he should win gm of the year right away even w/ a losing record
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
Bombay
The Sole Controller

Trading for Ben Wallace is a no-go
Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
shakespeare
I airball my layups

Frye and Marbury for Wallace

"Are you crazy?"
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru Baller 209
Ben Wallace and Scott Skiles seem to be clashing... What would you say to this trade.
Trade #1:
Chicago trades away:
Ben Wallace
Chris Duhon

New York Trades away:
Stephon Marbury
Channing Frye.
2nd Round Draft Pick
Cash

Trade # 2:
New York Trades Away
Mardy Collins
Jamal Crawford

Denver Trades Away:
Andre Miller

Trade #3:
New York Trades Away:
Steve Francis

Memphis Trades Away:
Eddie Jones (expirer)

New York Lineup

Due to restrictions on his contract, this trade could only take place after Dec. 15th

This lineup looks a lot more balanced. We instantly get bigger. I think Ben Walllace can play PF because he is a modest 6'9". I think he can guard any PF in the league as well as he can guard any center.

David Lee and Ben Wallace would be nitty gritty tough interior defenders and rebounders to compliment are soft center, Eddy Curry, who is more of an offensive weapon. I think we could use the pick from Chicago in this draft to draft a skilled center/power forward --> Yi Jianlin or Josh McRoberts. I think David Lee and/or Ben Wallace would be able to compliment these guys well. Ben then would have the freedom to move back down to Center on defense.

Andre Miller would be able to take care of the ball, and knows how to be a pure PG as opposed to Marbury and Francis who are simply trying to figure that out

Eddie Jones is an expirer, and can still hit the 3, and would be good on defense and be a mentor for the rookies.

Any sane Knicks fan would love for this to happen.................but it isnt.
Chicago will never EVER take Marbury . EVER. Just because they have a few problems with Wallace, doesnt mean they will take the headache that Stephon Marbury brings, even if they do get Frye.
I dont see why Memphis would do the Jones for Francis deal, they know they arent going to win this year, so why would they mess up their payroll? I expect them to be major players in this year FA market.
Andre Miller is a great point guard, and Denver is one of the top offenses in this league. Jamal Crawford is an inconsistent player, who is very clutch, but has bad defense. Mardy Collins hasnt proved himself yet, there is no reason as to WHY Denver would do this deal.

Last edited by shafir : 11-28-2006 at 11:18 PM.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

i personally dont think any team should want ben wallace, not because of him, but because of his HUGE contract, hes not going to be worth it near the end of it. Hes going to pan out like Jalen Rose, where Bulls gave him too much money and Jalen wasnt worth the $17 mill he was supposed to be paid
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #8
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

maybe the knicks should try do go a season without making a trade for a change.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #9
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru Baller 209
Trade #1:
Chicago trades away:
Ben Wallace
Chris Duhon

New York Trades away:
Stephon Marbury
Channing Frye.
2nd Round Draft Pick
Cash

Trade # 2:
New York Trades Away
Mardy Collins
Jamal Crawford

Denver Trades Away:
Andre Miller

Trade #3:
New York Trades Away:
Steve Francis

Memphis Trades Away:
Eddie Jones (expirer)

New York Lineup

Oh you Knicks fans....yall know that wont happen...and besides ya boy Thomas is making us into a Dynasty again with those brilliant trades that he made with us....hey Knick fans...look on the bright side...there is Liberty basketball in the summer....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
Oh you Knicks fans....yall know that wont happen...and besides ya boy Thomas is making us into a Dynasty again with those brilliant trades that he made with us....hey Knick fans...look on the bright side...there is Liberty basketball in the summer....
OMG, youre so funny
Old 12-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #11
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

Quote:

I wouldn't be talking about the Eddy Curry trade when he is making 20+ points a game and getting double digit rebounds. He even managed to play better defense than he ever has with Chi-town. I hope that you enjoy Tyrus Thomas, he will be a wonderful athlete for your team. However, I think that in the years to come the Bulls will regret that trade.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #12
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Youre also ghetto
Old 12-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Default I'm new here. Here's my opinion.

I think the Knicks should try to get a REAL point guard. Someone who will impact the way the ball is moved around. I say someone who really won't be missed by a team and is some what under the radar. Maybe someone like Carlos Arroyo. I think he would keep the pace up and distribute the ball before shooting it. He makes more sound decisions than some of the Knicks guards do and can take an opponent to the hoop off the dribble. We need passion on the team and I'm sure he'll bring it. Maybe for a center Cato or James and cash. My humble opinion.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #14
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
I think the Knicks should try to get a REAL point guard. Someone who will impact the way the ball is moved around. I say someone who really won't be missed by a team and is some what under the radar. Maybe someone like Carlos Arroyo. I think he would keep the pace up and distribute the ball before shooting it. He makes more sound decisions than some of the Knicks guards do and can take an opponent to the hoop off the dribble. We need passion on the team and I'm sure he'll bring it. Maybe for a center Cato or James and cash. My humble opinion.
I agree, we need a true point guard. However, there arent any true point guards in the market worth going after, or one that we have the pieces required to get them. I would think it would take much more then Cato or James to get a talented guard like Carlos Arroyo. Isiah should take a serious look at Earl Watson, or another true point guard.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:41 AM   #15
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

[quote=Tru Baller 209]Ben Wallace and Scott Skiles seem to be clashing... What would you say to this trade.
Trade #1:
Chicago trades away:
Ben Wallace
Chris Duhon

New York Trades away:
Stephon Marbury
Channing Frye.
2nd Round Draft Pick
Cash

Are you nuts? Gimme one reason the Bulls would want to do that trade. The Bulls did not shell out 60 million dollars so they could just trade him after 18 games. ESPECIALLY not for "Star"bury. Sorry Knicks. No one wants your trash.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: