Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default For those who don't believe in God: what are your opinions on exorcism?

http://newcovenantjournal.blogspot.c...exorcisms.html

straight-forward question
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
TDPrime2030
Banned

TDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: For those who don't believe in God: what are your opinions on exorcism?

Your threads are so disturbing on the OTC Lounge. That being said, I do believe in god, but I'm not religious. Not very dedicated toward religion.
TDPrime2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: For those who don't believe in God: what are your opinions on exorcism?

hypnotic BS.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
Sharp
I brick open layups

Sharp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
hypnotic BS.

lol.. what?
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPrime2030
Your threads are so disturbing on the OTC Lounge. That being said, I do believe in god, but I'm not religious. Not very dedicated toward religion.

lol... disturbing? you don't have to open the threads or click the links. I'm sorry if I have bothered you in any way.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

what I find the most enthralling is that there are exorcisms in different religions. many are only familiar with the practice in catholicism.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
TDPrime2030
Banned

TDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
lol... disturbing? you don't have to open the threads or click the links. I'm sorry if I have bothered you in any way.
It seems like you are trying to convert everyone on this entire site into Christianity. You just do it by talking about creepy things like the Ouji Board and the Sleep Paralysis threads.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #8
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
It seems like you are trying to convert everyone on this entire site into Christianity. You just do it by talking about creepy things like the Ouji Board and the Sleep Paralysis threads.

There are few tangible aspects of religion. It's just that when people encounter them, they label it as "creepy" or strange and just continue on with their lives. If something is unexplainable, people don't feel the need to search for something that might explain it. If someone has an account of something supernatural, they are automatically lying or insane. There is video proof on exorcisms, yet I am anticipating a series of posts that will presumptuously discredit the one in this thread without second thought.

You've got me all wrong---I am not trying to convert anyone into a Christian. I am trying to get them to acknowledge the existence of a supernatural entity---A god known by many names. And it seems that the most reasonable way of doing that is by attempting to prove the existence of the supernatural entity that opposes him.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #9
TDPrime2030
Banned

I was talking to my guidance counselor about creepy movies and the movie The Exorcist came up. He told me that the movie is pretty disrespectful to religion of Christianity/Catholic. What are your thoughts on that?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I doubt they're real, I think more often then not it's just uneducated people calling mental diseases possession.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #11
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
I doubt they're real, I think more often then not it's just uneducated people calling mental diseases possession.

Not all mental diseases are demonic possessions, and vice-versa.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
I was talking to my guidance counselor about creepy movies and the movie The Exorcist came up. He told me that the movie is pretty disrespectful to religion of Christianity/Catholic. What are your thoughts on that?

I myself am not Catholic, and I haven't actually seen the movie. However, movies are made to make money. The producer and director have complete power over the storyline. That's why the movie is only loosely based on a girl named Anneliese Michaels who was actually demon possessed. Of course her story was going to be distorted to make it more appealing, and at the expense of pre-existing subject matters prevalent in the movie.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #13
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Not all mental diseases are demonic possessions, and vice-versa.
That's not what I said. I said the majority of people who think they are possesed most likely have mental issues and don't know it, not the other way around. Either that or they want to get on TV.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #14
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

mental disorder kind of like a guy who murders women and then has sex with them for years

i guess he's possessed too, right?
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose
mental disorder kind of like a guy who murders women and then has sex with them for years

i guess he's possessed too, right?

most of the symptoms of possession that I've heard of are hallucinations, epilepsy, convulsions, hearing strange voices, etc.

i don't know about the case you are describing, but I think it's possible someone could succumb to voices instructing them to do grotesque things like that. or perhaps some is absolutely crazy and has no conscience.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: