Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default my computer wont get pass BIOS Screen

title says it all ,

So I shut down my computer then I turned it on the nxt day , and its just stuck there..

Screen Says " PACKARD BELL" and Press F2 etc...

but if I press it it nuthin happens , but when I hit ESCAPE it goes to another screen with letterings and etc..
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: my computer wont get pass BIOS Screen

Is it a desktop or laptop? In either case you could have a short somewhere, or maybe your power supply is going out. Might be a hardware problem. Either way it's probably not something software fixable or something like that, it's probably something hardware related.

In any case you might have to try to restore/reformat your computer to possibly fix the problem also if it's software related.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Try booting from a CD.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
title says it all ,

So I shut down my computer then I turned it on the nxt day , and its just stuck there..

Screen Says " PACKARD BELL" and Press F2 etc...

but if I press it it nuthin happens , but when I hit ESCAPE it goes to another screen with letterings and etc..

Thought people would have caught on to this.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Thought people would have caught on to this.
Could be an Acer computer. Packard Bell is a subsidiary of Taiwan-based Acer
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does your PC beep when it turns on? Describe them if they do. Like one short beep followed by three rapid ones.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:29 AM   #7
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

My Computer :

Intel inside (sticker)
Packard Bell

Its a desktop , and yeah the computer beep (once) -once I turn it on.
But when I push other buttons besides escape theres like a high-pitched beep or w/e.

I forgot to mention that I changed the Power Supply cuz my old one; dried out.

Is it because of the Power Supply?

How can it not work now when It worked the first time I used it (after I changed the Power Supply).

Thanks.

Last edited by Kobe8 : 11-02-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The PSU might not be powerful enough or it might have shorted out a piece of hardware. Some motherboards won't run at all unless every component is connected and runs properly.

The beeps are from the motherboard and they are error codes. If you find out the make and model of your motherboard and consult the manual [most likely available on the manufacturer's website], it will tell you what is wrong.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: