Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

Default Talking like one of the gays

where did the gay way of talking originate?

how come a majority of gay men, despite coming from backgrounds of varying regional accents all speak the same way?

can we call it an accent or is it more intonation?

how come a gay Bostonian, New Yorker or American Southerner all basically speak the same way, but different from straight men?

is this a learned behavior, or something more complex?

I am not trying to be a dlck or anything, and I am not a homophobe, I am genuinely curious about this, and the recent spike in gay men on TV regularly, with the advent of reality TV and the resultant rise in air time for attention whores, my curiosity has only grown.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Default Re: Talking like one of the gays

The "queenish" type of gay men, who also have their own Mason-like Secret Society, seem to have adopted a universal speaking pattern.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
the GIBBET
Banned

they have an atypically high level of estrogen and low level of testosterone, which naturally makes them more womanly. That's why they are also prone to dress like women, bake instead of play sports, and even have "reassignment surgery."

i am also not saying this to be inflammatory. thats just simply the way it is. not all the gay dudes are like that, but the really gay ones are. their hormones are closer to that of a woman, so they talk and act more like a woman.
the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Interesting.

When I think gay, I think of a variety of people. The hairdressers with the lisps, the muscular guy with died hair, the weird Jewish kid in my class who makes *********ion jokes constantly, and Big Bubba.

But I'm thinking it has to do with interests too. Dasher'z theory seems right on.. but say if someone was to listen to a good dose of Bryan Adams and George Michaels their whole lives.. watch a lil Will and Grace on the side, have a share of galpals.. then surely they are socialized into their queerspeech.

I ask that anyone take gene samples of the homosexual community ASAP and get back at me with Starface's hypothesis. I'm not sold.. but it sounds like it makes sense.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
the GIBBET
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Interesting.

When I think gay, I think of a variety of people. The hairdressers with the lisps, the muscular guy with died hair, the weird Jewish kid in my class who makes *********ion jokes constantly, and Big Bubba.

But I'm thinking it has to do with interests too. Dasher'z theory seems right on.. but say if someone was to listen to a good dose of Bryan Adams and George Michaels their whole lives.. watch a lil Will and Grace on the side, have a share of galpals.. then surely they are socialized into their queerspeech.

I ask that anyone take gene samples of the homosexual community ASAP and get back at me with Starface's hypothesis. I'm not sold.. but it sounds like it makes sense.

You are creepy.

WHy do you lie about your life and stalk other posters?
the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

That was yesteryear, and I've been as honest as Abe. Just stop the bullsh!t accusations. You've been throwing shots in the dark for a while now.

Besides, I don't have the creativity or the wit to depict myself as a regular ass 19 year old. Duncha think I would've been a wee bit more ridiculous in whatever I've conveyed thus far. As for stalking, it's all come from having a photographic memory.. and yes this applies to all facets of life. Read something once, remember it forever.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 11-02-2010 at 02:56 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #7
Juggernaut_V2.0
One of them ones just.

I don't know what category I fall into. All I ever get are people saying "Jesus, you would never now you were gay". I no myself i'm in not camp at all, i'm in no way feminine and have one of the loudest, deepest voices you'll ever hear. I'd say the only thing that makes me gay is that I like fellas, but apart from that you would never know. And like most people, i'd love to smash the flamboyant types heads in, not because they're overly camp, but because the gay population are generally tarred with the same stereotypical tendencies and it really annoys me. I know on here I act a bit of a mouth and crack the odd gay joke but that's only because you all seem so hung up on people being gay
Juggernaut_V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

they wanna show off their feminine side so bad that they overact it.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #9
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

I call those type of hardcore gays "Orthodox gays". The ones with the feminine voice and all-out women's clothing...
Think Chris Crocker.
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRoseOwnsACamry
I call those type of hardcore gays "Orthodox gays". The ones with the feminine voice and all-out women's clothing...
Think Chris Crocker.

didn't know who that was until I looked him up.
I remember that guy on the news now. from a year or two ago
crying all the time ...

Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: