Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default NCAA fans: What do you think of Cam Newton?

Guy is apparently ripping up the SEC, tops there both in rushing yardage and passer efficiency. Has Auburn squarely in the hunt for the SEC and BCS Championships. Unfortunately, I've only seen him on highlights. So I'd like to know what more knowledgable people think of him, both as a Heisman candidate and as a future pro (can he play QB, can/should he be converted to something else, or is he just another limited college running QB).
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: NCAA fans: What do you think of Cam Newton?

What do I think of him? I think he should be 2nd in Heisman voting...behind THIS guy:

Seriously though, like you, I can't really give a clean review. I've only seen one full Auburn game this year (vs Clemson I think).
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Very Tebow-ish in that his game is built on his power running. They don't ask him to throw any NFL routes. Everything is to open receivers; no anticipatory throws. He's accurate enough, but it's a whole different skill set at the next level. Very slow throwing motion.

He's a college stud, though, the best individual offensive player I've seen this season, and the only reason a very limited Auburn team is having this success.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Does he have the footspeed to be turned into an end or receiver?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

god i hope Oregon plays Auburn in the ship, would be the most exciting game ever.

Oregon wins, 65-55
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

eric crouch???
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know about his footspeed to play WR in the NFL but probably could play TE.

He hasn't sold me as an NFL QB prospect, yet. Not even close, even though the guys on CBS who have a constant boner for him were raving about his future as an NFL QB.

Like JMT said, he's not having to make tough throws because teams are stacking the box and spying on Newton and not paying much attention to the Auburn WR's and TE's. Most of his passes are to wide-open targets. While I don't think his throwing motion is as broken as Tebow's, he will still need some work on it to be effective as an NFL QB.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Urban Meyer is probably killing himself that he does not have him anymore
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Does he have the footspeed to be turned into an end or receiver?

Absolutely, but he can really throw the ball down field so he'll most likely be given a shot to play QB in the NFL. How many snaps he gets at WR/RB/TE while trying to develop as a QB will obviously be determined.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #10
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
eric crouch???

Not even close.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 AM   #11
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Straight baller. I tune in to every Auburn game now to watch him play dude is amazing. I also wondered about his potential pro prospects but it seems to me that he has work ethic, and an abundance of physical tools so... I'm sure he figure out a way to be successful.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's being investigated for his representatives allegedly asking for $200k from schools recruiting him to transfer there
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #13
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I see him as a Josh Freeman-Vince Young hybrid.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cam Newton is the LeBron James of College Football. 35 touchdowns already with 2 regular season games and possibly 2 post-season games to go. i think he'll end up winning the Heisman, but im one of those guys that think you should wait until the end of the season to vote.

he leads the SEC in rushing....as a QB! he has the highest QBRating in the nation (technically he doesnt, but the 5 guys above him 1. hasnt even attempted over 6 throw and 2. one is his backup). and he has 20 passing-15 rushing TDs..his numbers are ridiculous

even though Auburn is my fave team, any casual fan could tell that this guy should be the Heisman.

as for an NFL future. he's be the next Vince Young or he'd get converted to Tight End. he has enough speed to play TE and he's 6'6. idk about his hands though, even though he did catch a TD this year.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Additional question: Does anyone care whether Auburn is paying him or not? Do we care about athletes getting paid off in general anymore? There was probably some local backlash in Cali but I don't know anyone that really cares about the Bush scandal beyond making small jokes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: