Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Should Pistons try to get Josh Smith?

The buzz Tuesday was that the Pistons could be interested in Hawks forward Josh Smith. The thinking is since the Hawks just signed Joe Johnson (six years, $124 million) and Al Horford (five years, $60 million) to new deals, they won't be able to afford to keep the remaining three years and $37 million left on Smith's deal. Detroit Free Press

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz14Eb6HkLp
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should Pistons try to get Josh Smith?

I was just going to post this and you beat me to it.... I think it's a good deal for Detroit. Smith is a very good player and could help them win now. I think it's the best realistic option for Rip that I've seen. I just don't know why Atlanta does it because they tied up a lot of money in Johnson at SG and still have Crawford who plays the position too. They would absolutely need to trade Jamal before trading Smith. I think both could potentially be moved though.

The other rumor (which we've seen quite a few times as well) is Kaman. I think it would be worthwhile for the Pistons to go after him as well. Giving up Prince for Kaman is fine with me, but again I'm not sure why the Clippers give up their C. In the end the Pistons lineup would look like this though....

PG: Stuckey/Bynum
SG: Gordon/T-Mac/Daye
SF: Daye/Jerebko/T-Mac/Summers
PF: Smith/Charlie V/Monroe/Maxiell
C: Kaman/Wallace

Not a bad lineup. It would certainly be a step in the right direction. Looking at that the one thing I'm not taking into consideration is there could be other guys that get moved too, like Jerebko, Maxiell, etc.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

atlanta is loaded at guard positions too

what can we offer that would be enticing? Tay and Rip? i doubt they would bite
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm thinking since they are trying to save a little cash they might go for Smith & Crawford for Rip & Charlie. We get a better PF and they get a guy who could still be that 6th man they are looking for at the guard position and they are saving about 3 million dollars. They know they aren't resigning Crawford anyways. I'm not sure it's the greatest deal in the world but I'm just trying to brainstorm ways we can move Charlie
Old 11-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'm thinking since they are trying to save a little cash they might go for Smith & Crawford for Rip & Charlie. We get a better PF and they get a guy who could still be that 6th man they are looking for at the guard position and they are saving about 3 million dollars. They know they aren't resigning Crawford anyways. I'm not sure it's the greatest deal in the world but I'm just trying to brainstorm ways we can move Charlie

To do it and save them money while not ripping them off too badly it would hav eto be Prince,Charlie,Summers,'11 1st for Smith and MArvin Williams. I'd pay in a second, Smith would do wonders for our D and help us to be the team we want to be.

Stuckey Bynum
Rip Gordon
Williams/Mcgrady/Daye
Smith Jerebko Maxiell
Wallace Monroe Wilcox.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
To do it and save them money while not ripping them off too badly it would hav eto be Prince,Charlie,Summers,'11 1st for Smith and MArvin Williams. I'd pay in a second, Smith would do wonders for our D and help us to be the team we want to be.

Stuckey Bynum
Rip Gordon
Williams/Mcgrady/Daye
Smith Jerebko Maxiell
Wallace Monroe Wilcox.

I like that deal. Once we get Jerebko back I could see him being the starting SF. I'm not a big Williams fan. I wonder if there's a way to get a 3rd team involved.... We know Denver needs to trade Melo and will need someone to replace his spot.... maybe it's a 4 team deal. I'm just kind of thinking out loud but I guess it does go to show how hard it would be to really pull that deal off and not still have a logjam at SF.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I like that deal. Once we get Jerebko back I could see him being the starting SF. I'm not a big Williams fan. I wonder if there's a way to get a 3rd team involved.... We know Denver needs to trade Melo and will need someone to replace his spot.... maybe it's a 4 team deal. I'm just kind of thinking out loud but I guess it does go to show how hard it would be to really pull that deal off and not still have a logjam at SF.

Williams is ok, but hardly a stud. I'd rather flip him if possible, but if the cost to get Smith is taking on Williams(plus shedding CV), then you do it and move forward. In combination with a guy like Daye and some JJ mixed in, that's a nice SF rotatoin.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: