Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Report: Brees may be playing with a fracture and torn meniscus

Quote:
Ever since Saints quarterback Drew Brees suffered a knee "situation" on September 26 against the Falcons, rumors have circulated that it's more than a little soreness.

Kenny Wilkerson of WIST radio in New Orleans recently reported, with a high degree of conviction and passion, that Brees has a fracture and a torn meniscus in the knee.

Wilkerson cites an "impeccable source," and he claims that the information is "100 thousand-trillion-million percent" accurate.

Wilkerson also claims that, at times, the pain is causing Brees to make mistakes when calling or executing plays, citing unnamed sources in the offensive huddle.

Though we have no knowledge to confirm or debunk that information, Wilkerson's suggestion that Brees will need "microfracture" surgery to repair the "fracture" gives us pause. Though I'm no doctor (and every current or future medical patient in the world should be happy about that), I don't think "microfracture" surgery is used to repair "small fractures."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-brees-knee/
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Brees may be playing with a fracture and torn meniscus

Greatest curse in sport.

bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Greatest curse in sport.

It never fails.

I'm not sure how a guy can be hardly standing with a fracture and torn meniscus. I know guys that have torn a meniscus, and they could walk around, and even jog a little, but couldn't do enough to be effective in a game. Throw in a fracture on top of that? I guess it's possible the degree of the injury is true, but not sure I'm 100% buying it right now.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

not surprised if it is true. he took a nasty hit to the knee against th falcons.

I say give Chase Daniel a chance. he looks well equipped to handle the offense, is a bit more mobile than brees, and a good chance for us to see if he is the perfect suitor as brees replacement on the future.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I also have doubts his injury is to that extent. I can't imagine him being out there taking hits and making plays with that injury.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

It never fails.

I'm not sure how a guy can be hardly standing with a fracture and torn meniscus. I know guys that have torn a meniscus, and they could walk around, and even jog a little, but couldn't do enough to be effective in a game. Throw in a fracture on top of that? I guess it's possible the degree of the injury is true, but not sure I'm 100% buying it right now.
Painkillers. Great for the game, horrible for the athletes who play it.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He laughed off the report, but with how he's played he hasn't seemed normal.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Kenny Wilkerson is probably the worst sports writer in this state. That said, he looks a little banged up. Hopefully it's not that bad. But I don't want Chase Daniel on the field this year. We aren't making the playoffs with him starting. Too much of the offense is built around how Brees plays. Come on Leopold, what are you saying lol.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Painkillers. Great for the game, horrible for the athletes who play it.

True, but a fracture and a torn meniscus? I don't know if there are enough painkillers in the world to make playing an entire NFL game with that injury bearable.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
True, but a fracture and a torn meniscus? I don't know if there are enough painkillers in the world to make playing an entire NFL game with that injury bearable.

Not only that, but the injury would really limit his range of motion and mobility even just inside the pocket.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is one reason, among many, why it's so damn hard to repeat as Super Bowl Champions in this league.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #12
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Kenny Wilkerson is probably the worst sports writer in this state. That said, he looks a little banged up. Hopefully it's not that bad. But I don't want Chase Daniel on the field this year. We aren't making the playoffs with him starting. Too much of the offense is built around how Brees plays. Come on Leopold, what are you saying lol.

i was going to say that. kenny wilkerson isn't one of the most reliable news sources in new orleans. it's like listening to bob breck for weather.

but yeah. i just feel it's a gut instinct. i have faith in chase daniel in taking care of business if the keys were handed to him. nothing against brees, but if he is really hurt like that (*knocks on wood*) the saints shouldn't risk losing him the rest of this year, and possibly next year depending on the extent of his injury. knee injuries can take a long time to heal.

call me when peter finney reports this ....
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #13
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

How f'd up a person am I thought I hope this is true just so that the "Madden Curse" is not broken?!? That said, I hope this knowing that the injures as described are not career threatening and Drew Brees will be ready to go next season.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: