Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 11-29-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Arrow DoubleTech's game thread: Toronto vs. Dallas, 8:30 pm

There you go doubletech. I'm at my comp for the entire day finishing up a project for tomorrow, so I couldn't sit idly by while the board suffers. A game thread had to be created!

To be honest, I am less excited about this game then any raptor game in memory.

It is not possible for toronto to be first in the atlantic after this game, because, as fate would have it, nj and boston are playing each other.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dallas will win by 10-15 points.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
dffsaf9
Decent playground baller

dffsaf9 has no real reputation yet.
Default new lineup

im excited, if the raptors can possibly find a way to beat Dallas, they could get on a real role....i would like to see TJ Ford offf the bench. in reality jose calderon is better, let him try being a starter. Ford is a nice spark plug. I would also like to see some more Bargnani, hes been great lately! how about this lineup?

STARTERS

PG- jose calderon
SG- anthony parker
SF-jorge garbajosa
PF- andrei Bargnani
C- Chris Bosh

BENCH
PG-TG ford
SG-fred jones
SF-morris peterson
SG-joey graham

talk about a blanced attack.....
dffsaf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #4
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas is getting into they have to lose sometime territory but i dont think it will be tonight.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffsaf9
im excited, if the raptors can possibly find a way to beat Dallas, they could get on a real role....i would like to see TJ Ford offf the bench. in reality jose calderon is better, let him try being a starter. Ford is a nice spark plug. I would also like to see some more Bargnani, hes been great lately! how about this lineup?

STARTERS

PG- jose calderon
SG- anthony parker
SF-jorge garbajosa
PF- andrei Bargnani
C- Chris Bosh

BENCH
PG-TG ford
SG-fred jones
SF-morris peterson
SG-joey graham

talk about a blanced attack.....
If they put Jorge as SF he will get destroyed by Howard. He isn't athletic or fast enough to contain him.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Jose should not start.

I think his success would diminish if he started and received more time, like a diminishing returns type of deal.

He is a terrific sixth man (he might be 7th or 8th I can't remember, but he provides the spark that all good sixth men do). Plus, you don't pay tj ford all that money and commit yourself to him for around 4 years then put him on the bench.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Jose should not start.

I think his success would diminish if he started and received more time, like a diminishing returns type of deal.

He is a terrific sixth man (he might be 7th or 8th I can't remember, but he provides the spark that all good sixth men do). Plus, you don't pay tj ford all that money and commit yourself to him for around 4 years then put him on the bench.
While I agree that Calderon may be better coming off the bench, being a starter should be based on how good you are, not how much you make.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far
Default re

Calderon has been playing great, dont think he should start though, might mess up his flow. Id like to see Bargnani Start though.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #9
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
There you go doubletech. I'm at my comp for the entire day finishing up a project for tomorrow, so I couldn't sit idly by while the board suffers. A game thread had to be created!

To be honest, I am less excited about this game then any raptor game in memory.

It is not possible for toronto to be first in the atlantic after this game, because, as fate would have it, nj and boston are playing each other.

hah, i was up early this morning too... but i couldn't get myself to creat a game thread before noon. 1 day... 1 day...

raps are about to be crushed... which i have no problem with considering the opposition. im just hoping no one gets injured.

i think we'll be able to take advantage of our center matchups on the offensive end... i can't see dampier and diop running out to chase garbajosa and bargnani around.

any predictions on what bosh puts up for the home crowd? my guess is 23 and 16 with 2 blocks.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #10
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

and to dffsaf9... why change the lineup if it's been working? does it REALLY matter who starts and who comes off the bench if the minutes will be roughly the same?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #11
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

I really want to see Bargs matchup with Dirk tonight. I just hope we don't get blown out too badly. Guys should be fresh tonight though, starters didnt play that much last night.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Dirk will rape bargs and bargs knows it.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:17 PM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a strange feeling Raps will take this one. Anyone wanna avatar bet?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Last year the Mavs had to rally from a big hole to come back in win in overtime. I expect the Mavs to be a little sharper tonight after their 4th quarter performance the other night. Damp will not and should not chase people on the perimeter, but Diop can and will if he has to. But this has the potential to be a good game.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #15
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I have a strange feeling Raps will take this one. Anyone wanna avatar bet?
Sure I will
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: