Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
305Baller
Dos minutos.

Default Jay-Z Kingdome Come REVIEW

If HOV is the rap MJ then like MJ he fails to lead his team to the championship just like 4-5 MJ.
Usually Jiggaman has the best beats in the game to amplify his delivery but when the beats get toned down to a more loungy type feel he is more exposed to his post-gangsta/jiggy roots.

And he almost pulls it off, but like MJ he goes out in the second round.

1. The Prelude- This is fresh, although this beat has been done a few times it is still the most abstract.
2. Oh My God- This is fresh too, cant really hate it.
3. Kingdome Come- This is cool, bounce.
4. Show Me What You Got- I like this too, clean and funky.
5. Lost Ones- For the ladies, not bad but not for me.
6. Do U Wanna Ride- Hova reminisces over an overproduced Kanye Track, not the worst though.
7. 30 Something- This flow would work over a deeper beat but this flossing is suspect over this track...its okay though. What a materialistic bastard,he comes from the era where you dont snitch... he respects the shooter, too...haha.
8. I Made It- Another mom song? This is okay...its like a lost Blueprint track with more percussion.
9. Anything- Another soft track... ehh. Not for me. Teenage girls should love this.
10. Hollywood- This track is erally quite gay, Barbie Floss. Once you do this song you cant go back on the same album.
11. Trouble- Were back to the seriousnsss after after getting all prettied up. This track is cool and mellow...but after Hollywood? It doesnt work.
12. Dig A Hole- Im not feeling this song except for the hook a little. Too commercial and Jay isnt really spectacular.
13. Minority Report- Hov tries to pander to the conscious heads by making a New Orleans track... again, after Hollywood this **** is downright schizo.
14. Beach Chair- This abstract beat is pretty good, it goes well with the intro...

Conclusion:
He needs fresh beats. He should try working with new producers like he did with 'The Blueprint' and work with some heads that are dying to give him good material.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

the dig a hole track is a cam'ron diss
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

I downloaded Lost Ones a few weeks ago, and I love it. Its from the heart, and not alot of people make that kinda music anymore.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
L.O.J.
Kids at the park dunk on me

I like this album. Good music. Its different from the trash we get nowadays
L.O.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

HOV the rap MJ? HAHAHAAHHA, that some funny stuff. Did you forget about some guy named Tupac Shakur? Jay-Z is a great rapper, but gawd damn he is over rated. If anyone is the "RAP MJ", it belongs to the GOAT, 2PAC.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
THE SHAQ FACTOR
Banned

Default budweiser select...

my fav song is the one on the budwieser comercial were he is singin his rap song.

itz off the chain woadie. fresh funky and revolushunary.

THE SHAQ FACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #7
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Default re

good album.. at least a 4 out of 5.

I like 30 somethin,minority report.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #8
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Kingdom Come is the worst album of the year. it is so bad I dont even know where to begin. its completely unlikable.

"Dig a Hole" beat and hook's catchiness is the best part of the album. seriously. on almost every other decent release in rap history, it would be a merely average. and the song itself, a Camron dis, is horrible.

Show Me Watcha Got: typical dumbed down Just Blaze nonsense. the beat is a disorganized mess but nobody seems to notice this. beat is downright unlistenable. lyrics are pointless.

Kingdom Come: half decent song. would be like 5th best on any other Jay album. I got sick and tired of the beat after about 4 listens. it like, peppers you with unecessary noise.

Trouble: decent Dre beat but then Jay gets on and its just like... who cares? you don't make me want to listen.

Minority Report: an attempt at a serious, reflective song. but heres the thing. it's not good. his lyrics are typical and unimaginative. anyone could have made this song. he doesn't blow away like he should. he was obviously trying to sound like Lil Wayne the way he was whining and rapping on behalf of New Orleans. its not horrible just average and there's no real reason to listen to it. it's not groundbreaking or interesting.

and these are the HIGHLIGHTS of this album. the rest of the album is downright unlistenable. pointless music with no appeal whatsoever. if Jay-Z weren't Jay-Z I couldn't see this album going lead much less plat after one week.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #9
Kobe24
Banned

I agree somewhat with GeeWiz. I expected more but it's not close to being the worst album of the year. My fav tracks are Lost ones and Kingdome come. If you guys want a HOT album, pick up fat joes me myself and I.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

The album is decent but its not Hova Quality. Geewiz is being a little too critical, it isn't the worst album in the history of mankind. Its just not as good as it was hyped.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:37 AM   #11
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

I like the song lost ones...and thats about it.

Felt like returning the album.

Oh well...I'll keep bumping the Blue Print one when I want to hear Jay...
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #12
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Default re

whats wrong wit u dudes?... the album is pretty good, worst album of the year?.. dats blasphemy, yall need to cop some south $hit if yall aint feelin this one bit.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #13
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

I like Jay-Z alot, but I didn't like this album at first. The more I listen to it, the more I really like it. I can understand some people not liking it but I'm still gonna bump it.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #14
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

It is not as good as quite some albums of this year. It is not in the same sphere as albums like Reasonable Doubt, Nas' It was written or other stuff form this time and this magnitude. But it does not suck either. Hova still has a killer flow. He just isnt going to do something as breathtaking as he used to do.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: