If HOV is the rap MJ then like MJ he fails to lead his team to the championship just like 4-5 MJ.
Usually Jiggaman has the best beats in the game to amplify his delivery but when the beats get toned down to a more loungy type feel he is more exposed to his post-gangsta/jiggy roots.
And he almost pulls it off, but like MJ he goes out in the second round.
1. The Prelude- This is fresh, although this beat has been done a few times it is still the most abstract.
2. Oh My God- This is fresh too, cant really hate it.
3. Kingdome Come- This is cool, bounce.
4. Show Me What You Got- I like this too, clean and funky.
5. Lost Ones- For the ladies, not bad but not for me.
6. Do U Wanna Ride- Hova reminisces over an overproduced Kanye Track, not the worst though.
7. 30 Something- This flow would work over a deeper beat but this flossing is suspect over this track...its okay though. What a materialistic bastard,he comes from the era where you dont snitch... he respects the shooter, too...haha.
8. I Made It- Another mom song? This is okay...its like a lost Blueprint track with more percussion.
9. Anything- Another soft track... ehh. Not for me. Teenage girls should love this.
10. Hollywood- This track is erally quite gay, Barbie Floss. Once you do this song you cant go back on the same album.
11. Trouble- Were back to the seriousnsss after after getting all prettied up. This track is cool and mellow...but after Hollywood? It doesnt work.
12. Dig A Hole- Im not feeling this song except for the hook a little. Too commercial and Jay isnt really spectacular.
13. Minority Report- Hov tries to pander to the conscious heads by making a New Orleans track... again, after Hollywood this **** is downright schizo.
14. Beach Chair- This abstract beat is pretty good, it goes well with the intro...
He needs fresh beats. He should try working with new producers like he did with 'The Blueprint' and work with some heads that are dying to give him good material.
HOV the rap MJ? HAHAHAAHHA, that some funny stuff. Did you forget about some guy named Tupac Shakur? Jay-Z is a great rapper, but gawd damn he is over rated. If anyone is the "RAP MJ", it belongs to the GOAT, 2PAC.
Kingdom Come is the worst album of the year. it is so bad I dont even know where to begin. its completely unlikable.
"Dig a Hole" beat and hook's catchiness is the best part of the album. seriously. on almost every other decent release in rap history, it would be a merely average. and the song itself, a Camron dis, is horrible.
Show Me Watcha Got: typical dumbed down Just Blaze nonsense. the beat is a disorganized mess but nobody seems to notice this. beat is downright unlistenable. lyrics are pointless.
Kingdom Come: half decent song. would be like 5th best on any other Jay album. I got sick and tired of the beat after about 4 listens. it like, peppers you with unecessary noise.
Trouble: decent Dre beat but then Jay gets on and its just like... who cares? you don't make me want to listen.
Minority Report: an attempt at a serious, reflective song. but heres the thing. it's not good. his lyrics are typical and unimaginative. anyone could have made this song. he doesn't blow away like he should. he was obviously trying to sound like Lil Wayne the way he was whining and rapping on behalf of New Orleans. its not horrible just average and there's no real reason to listen to it. it's not groundbreaking or interesting.
and these are the HIGHLIGHTS of this album. the rest of the album is downright unlistenable. pointless music with no appeal whatsoever. if Jay-Z weren't Jay-Z I couldn't see this album going lead much less plat after one week.
I agree somewhat with GeeWiz. I expected more but it's not close to being the worst album of the year. My fav tracks are Lost ones and Kingdome come. If you guys want a HOT album, pick up fat joes me myself and I.
It is not as good as quite some albums of this year. It is not in the same sphere as albums like Reasonable Doubt, Nas' It was written or other stuff form this time and this magnitude. But it does not suck either. Hova still has a killer flow. He just isnt going to do something as breathtaking as he used to do.