Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Player reviews so far

We've been playing like crap recently.. Maybe because it's the gelling period or maybe we just don't have much talent but who knows.

First of all Raymond Felton is completely clueless with the ball. He's a pretty nice and streaky shooter but he's not a passing type of point guard, in the pick and rolls he doesn't know what to do.. We might be able to use him at the 2 possibly if we make a move for Nash

Amare is trying way to hard and forcing many of his shots. I can't blame him cause he's not getting much help. He's not getting the easy feeds from Nash anymore and can he please stop with his turnovers.. It's killing the team.

Wilson Chandler needs to stop chucking up mid range shots and become more of a team player. It seems like he'll dribble into a mid range shot and just miss it. He has some nice skills though and is a pretty good scorer at times

I'm liking the play of Gallo so far. He's being a team player and not being an asshole like other players and taking 15 jump shots a game. He's asserting himself on other aspects like Defense, hustling, rebounding, off ball movement. He needs to create more cause he has the skill, I think him being a 6th man may be better cause he'll have more touches with the ball and can be a triple threat type of player. He's a pretty good passer and can create but he just doesn't have the mentality and confidence.

Mozguv needs to stop being a *****. Your the tallest person in NYC, grab a rebound please. Were missing Turriaf, he needs to come back

Landry Fields. Great pick. I loved the pick aswell as other people wanted Jerome Jordan(wtf?). He's pretty athletic and can be part of the future and he's a pretty nice scorer.

Randoph is looking like a bust.. He's extremely raw and it's like Jordan Hill 2.0 basically.. Hopefully he'll prove us wrong

We need Nash... He'll solve all our problems
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Default Re: Player reviews so far

Toney Douglas - He is either on or off. When hes on, he shoots a lot, and when hes off... he shoots a lot. If he isnt hittin then bench his @ss
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
We've been playing like crap recently.. Maybe because it's the gelling period or maybe we just don't have much talent but who knows.

First of all Raymond Felton is completely clueless with the ball. He's a pretty nice and streaky shooter but he's not a passing type of point guard, in the pick and rolls he doesn't know what to do.. We might be able to use him at the 2 possibly if we make a move for Nash
Clueless is an understatement. Finally, someone else that agrees with me. If I know anything, it's basketball. Even the commentators and analysts have taken notice.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:

Amare is trying way to hard and forcing many of his shots. I can't blame him cause he's not getting much help. He's not getting the easy feeds from Nash anymore and can he please stop with his turnovers.. It's killing the team.

Wilson Chandler needs to stop chucking up mid range shots and become more of a team player. It seems like he'll dribble into a mid range shot and just miss it. He has some nice skills though and is a pretty good scorer at times

I'm liking the play of Gallo so far. He's being a team player and not being an asshole like other players and taking 15 jump shots a game. He's asserting himself on other aspects like Defense, hustling, rebounding, off ball movement. He needs to create more cause he has the skill, I think him being a 6th man may be better cause he'll have more touches with the ball and can be a triple threat type of player. He's a pretty good passer and can create but he just doesn't have the mentality and confidence.

Mozguv needs to stop being a *****. Your the tallest person in NYC, grab a rebound please. Were missing Turriaf, he needs to come back

Landry Fields. Great pick. I loved the pick aswell as other people wanted Jerome Jordan(wtf?). He's pretty athletic and can be part of the future and he's a pretty nice scorer.

Randoph is looking like a bust.. He's extremely raw and it's like Jordan Hill 2.0 basically.. Hopefully he'll prove us wrong

We need Nash... He'll solve all our problems

I agree with everything you wrote.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Felton - Not a terrible player. Scrappy. Very confident, seems to be a good team mate. Good half court D. Not a bad shooter, but not our best. Terrible court vision (big deal in a PG). Cannot execute the pick and roll for some reason - usually misses the rolling big (how can he not see that?!) and tries to jump-pass back out to the perimeter, often turning the ball over. Good penetrator, when he's trying score, needs to keep his head up and getter better at creating. Needs to be a better point guard, in other words. I like him (when I don't hate him), so I'm inclined to be patient and see where he's heading. But most of our offensive woes can be traced back to the guards, and him in particular.

Fields - Steal of the draft, love his game. Very heady player. Great court vision. Good cutter, finishers, always moving and making the right decisions. Needs to work on his shooting. Needs more minutes (what the hell, D'Antoni?). A nice piece for the future.

Gallo - Gallo's my boy. Super talented, great shooter, smart player who doesn't make many mistakes (most of which are in the form of bad shots). Started the season poorly, but has gotten better, and is really working an all-around game, doing a little bit of everything. I think he's the only Knick I've seen execute a P'nR this season, and it was with Mozgov! Or maybe Turiaf. Needs more touches - not direct, first-option iso-types of things, but in the flow of the offense. He goes off for 21 balanced, unforced points in the first half of the Bulls game, and then barely gets a pass in the second half. Noodle scratcher. Needs to work on being more consistent. Can be a great player someday. I wouldn't trade him if I could avoid it.

Amar'e - Trying to do too much, turnovers killing the team. But obviously super talented and athletic and has shown a knack for resiliency, adjustment and evolution over the course of his career. Was arguably the best PF in the game for much of last season, though that was while playing with one of the greatest PGs in basketball. Give him a good point guard and he's the best finisher in the league. Seems to be a good leader and his own man - was the first to make a decision in the offseason, unlike that friggin' lapdog Chris Bosh. I love that he's a Knick.

Mozgov - Big, athletic, Russian. Okay touch, something of a jumper. Foul machine. Needs to learn that you're not allowed to touch guys in the NBA. Needs to rebound more (though, as I understand it, D'Antoni wants him running the floor hard after misses - so this could be more of a coaching issue). Could be good someday.

Chandler - Excelled early in the sixth man role. Big, athletic, can create his own shot, decent defender. Can get to the rim - which he needs to do more in lieu of deep jumpers. Could be something of a point forward if he tried, but maybe not the best ballhandler or passer.

Douglas - Fiesty on D, athletic and quick on O. Bad passer, bad court vision. Really a tiny shooting guard. Needs to stop shooting so much.

Turiaf. Our best post defender, good team guy, good communicator (essential on D). Says he wants to be the "Quarterback of the Defense" (uh, Middle Linebacker? It's okay, he's French Caribbean), which is great. We've really missed his inside presence these last few games. Our best acquisition from Golden State. I hope he sticks around.

Randolph - Obviously athletic, apparently brain damaged. Shoots too much. Seems very sad on the court. Needs to just focus on finishing at the rim and rebounding. Especially rebounding. Should not be playing as much as he is, unless they're trying to showcase him for a trade.

Bill Walker - Not a bad shooter. Needs to do what he did to Andrew Bogut more.

Who the **** else is on this team? Oh, Rautins. I liked him at the 'Cuse, but can't seem to hit the pro-three. Non-factor.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
Jasi
Quality?

You forgot Roger Mason - not a bad oversight
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:28 AM   #7
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Oh yeah. He sucks. He wasn't nearly as bad on San Antonio last year though. I don't know what happened. Also Kelenanana Alazibolooky. I don't know much about him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

The only player I am severely disappointed in is Felton.

Everyone will be better if he was better.

I didn't know there was a point guard in the league that couldn't run a pick and roll, until I saw Felton.

Even Doo-doohon ran one to perfection with David Lee.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #9
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The only player I am severely disappointed in is Felton.

Everyone will be better if he was better.

I didn't know there was a point guard in the league that couldn't run a pick and roll, until I saw Felton.

Even Doo-doohon ran one to perfection with David Lee.

You guys think Felton can play some SG?? He has a decent shot, can play defense, decent penetrator, etc.. He just has no vision or passing. But if we play him at SG then we are forced to play Douglas at PG which is even worst imo.

If we get Nash or any PG I wouldn't be mad if Felton played SG.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
You guys think Felton can play some SG?? He has a decent shot, can play defense, decent penetrator, etc.. He just has no vision or passing. But if we play him at SG then we are forced to play Douglas at PG which is even worst imo.

If we get Nash or any PG I wouldn't be mad if Felton played SG.
Douglas has worse vision, but he's faster and his handles are better. That's why I'd prefer him there for stretches. In fact, I think that's how D'Antoni runs it when they're both on the floor. Felton has the shakiest handles of any PG I've seen since Eric Snow. I think for the time being D'Antoni should run ACTUAL plays. Have people cut, backcut, come off screens, etc...I mean every time down the floor it's:

1. Pick-and-roll
2. Doesn't work
3. Give ball to Amare 20 feet from the basket

They're not gonna win that way. D'Antoni has to get used to the fact that we can't pick-and-roll with this group.

Another glaring problem is Amare's inability to pass. When he drives, he sucks in so many defenders, but he doesn't find anybody so all that attention he draws is useless. I mean he'd go 1-on-5 with everybody in the paint waiting for him and he doesn't pass it out. What's the point of having all that defensive attention then?

Last edited by New York Knicks : 11-16-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Wait wait wait WTF!!!

Yall are gonna call me a hater but o well so be it. How the hell do you rip Chandler for his play thus far but say you're impressed with Gallinari?It's this same double standard,rooster loving bias that has us in the position where we are today.Chandler has been the MVP of our team outside of Amare. Gallo has been ridiculously inconsistent,one dimensional and sometimes looks like he's intimidated out there.Just last week alot of us were in agreement that he deserved to be on the bench but he has a good game or two now the love affair is back on?....ridiculous
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #12
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Wait wait wait WTF!!!

Yall are gonna call me a hater but o well so be it. How the hell do you rip Chandler for his play thus far but say you're impressed with Gallinari?It's this same double standard,rooster loving bias that has us in the position where we are today.Chandler has been the MVP of our team outside of Amare. Gallo has been ridiculously inconsistent,one dimensional and sometimes looks like he's intimidated out there.Just last week alot of us were in agreement that he deserved to be on the bench but he has a good game or two now the love affair is back on?....ridiculous
Chandler was good the first few games and now he's stinking it up. I'm unimpressed with Gallo and Chandler equally. But that has more to do with the PGs inability to create for them. I don't think you're a hater. You just like Chandler over Gallo. I was in that boat earlier in the season but I just don't like the way Chandler plays. He's a turnover waiting to happen. He's an undersized PF masquerading as a SF. Handles are very important to me and his handles are an eye sore. Chandler is better used in a finishing role, same with Amare. He shouldn't be asked to create cause that's not his strength. I do like what he brings defensively though.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Based soleley on the last 3 games...so let's take opinions out of it and go solely on facts:

Chandler's last 3 games

17 vs HOU
17 vs Minn
27 vs GS

Gallinari's last 3 games

14 vs HOU
25 vs MINN
15 vs GS

Same amount of turnovers
Chandler has 3 more rebounds

Chandler 6 of 18 from 3
Gallinari 4 of 16 (supposedly Gallo's strongest asset)

Gallinari 4 assists in the last 3 games
Chandler 10 assists in the last 3 games

Chandler 11 blocks in the last 3 games
Gallinari 0 blocks in the last 3 games

In the words of the great Kanye West... "I'm just saying"

Chandler is suppsed to be the turnover prone one w/ no handle yet he has the same amount of turnover and 6 more assists.

Chandler plays way better D.He scores more.He's a better rebounder.He's even shooting better from 3 over the last 3 games.And this is all while being flip flopped from position to position.Dude can play the 3.I dont get where all this terrible handle stuff is coming from.It isnt like he's Brian Scalabrine or Eddie House.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Wait wait wait WTF!!!

The same thing was going through my mind. What the f-ck are you guys thinking?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Based soleley on the last 3 games...so let's take opinions out of it and go solely on facts:

Chandler's last 3 games

17 vs HOU
17 vs Minn
27 vs GS

Gallinari's last 3 games

14 vs HOU
25 vs MINN
15 vs GS

Same amount of turnovers
Chandler has 3 more rebounds

Chandler 6 of 18 from 3
Gallinari 4 of 16 (supposedly Gallo's strongest asset)

Gallinari 4 assists in the last 3 games
Chandler 10 assists in the last 3 games

Chandler 11 blocks in the last 3 games
Gallinari 0 blocks in the last 3 games

In the words of the great Kanye West... "I'm just saying"

Chandler is suppsed to be the turnover prone one w/ no handle yet he has the same amount of turnover and 6 more assists.

Chandler plays way better D.He scores more.He's a better rebounder.He's even shooting better from 3 over the last 3 games.And this is all while being flip flopped from position to position.Dude can play the 3.I dont get where all this terrible handle stuff is coming from.It isnt like he's Brian Scalabrine or Eddie House.
Gallo's been playing the SF position. Chandler's been playing the PF position. Don't you think a SF should have more turnovers than a PF?

You can't see it in the numbers man. I man do people watch him dribble the ball? He puts his head down. He gets offensive fouls or ends up taking bad shots. It goes beyond the box score. Now I've watched every game last year and every game this year. I know.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: