I came across a thread about the scandal brewing at Auburn. I have no idea how much of this is true but if even half of it is Auburn is in some serious trouble.
This is VERY long but worth the read.
some cliff notes
- The FBI stumbled upon conversations via wire tap regarding pay-for-player schemes during 2009 because one of the guys dealing out the money for Auburn was under investigation for Gambling fraud (as well as other things).
- Cam Newton's Father went from being the preacher at a condemned Church, to a preacher of a newly rennovated church and driving a 60,000 dollar truck in the course of a few months.
- Players were getting paid through casino cards that were rigged to win when they used them on slot machines.
-Auburn could potentially get kicked out of the SEC.
there is much more in this as well.
NOTE: I PREFACE ALL OF THIS BY SAYING I CANNOT NOR HAVE NOT VERIFIED ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. WITH THAT UNDERSTANDING, THIS IS A COMPILATION OF, AND INCLUDING THREADS AND DISCUSSIONS ON TIGERDROPPINGS.com’s SEC RANT REGARDING CAM NEWTON, AUBURN UNIVERSITY’S AD, AND AU’S BOARD OF TRUSTEES. PLEASE ENJOY.
“AS THE PLAINS BURN”
…NEW MEANING TO THE CRY ”ALL IN” AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY….
Part One (I) CAST
John Bond - Former MSU QB now living in Madison, Miss. Director of business development for Eutaw Construction. His company specializes in heavy construction, although they branched off in the last few years and built some game-day condos near the Mississippi State stadium. Supposedly had 1st contact with Kenny Rodgers and his alleged representation of Cam Newton
Greg Bryne - MSU AD which John Bond asserts he immediately told once he learned about the Newton PFP Scheme. Was responsible for providing PFP information to the SEC. Resigned his post Spring, 2010 taking a similar position at Arizona. Was replaced with the National Search find of Scott Stricklin – Named Mississippi State’s associate athletics director for external affairs in May, 2010. Scott, who has spent the previous five seasons at Kentucky as associate AD for media relations overseeing men’s basketball, is a Jackson native and graduated from KSU in 1992
Mike Slive – Replaced Roy Kramer as Commissioner of the SEC on July 1, 2002. He previously was the first commissioner of Conference USA from 1995 to 2002, and the first commissioner of the Great Midwest Conference upon its founding in 1991. Practiced law in New Hampshire; Served as judge of the Hanover District Court from 1972 to 1977, and was a partner in a Chicago law firm. He was assistant director of athletics at Dartmouth College, assistant executive director of the Pacific-10 Conference, and director of athletics at Cornell University from 1981 to 1983. In 1990, he became senior partner and founder of the Mike Slive-Mike Glazier Sports Group, a legal practice specializing in representing colleges and universities in athletics-related matters.
Bill Bell – Former MSU Player, president of Bel-Mac Roofing Co. in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. Was the man Kenny Rogers left a voice message with stating Cecil Newman wanted to speak with him. Also rumored to have taped conversations between Himself and Newton where Newton Shops Son’s Commitment.
Cecil Newton – Pastor of Holy Zion Center of Deliverance in the Atlanta suburb of Newnan, Georgia, and father of Cam Newton, The Auburn player this epic story surrounds. Also purported to own RM Trucking, a small local carrier based in Jacksonville, Ga. Verification of such could not be found by the time of publication.
Kenny Rodgers – The so-called “handler” requested by Cecil Newman to make introductions at MSU. Operates Elite Football Preparation, a company that places prospective athletes in football camps throughout Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Illinois. Also has direct links to Ian Greengross, a certified Agent by the NFLPA, acting often as a “Runner” for Greengross.
Dan Mullen – Head Football Coach MSU. Was offensive Coordinator at Univ. of Florida prior to be coming MSU’s Head Coach. Both Mullen and his wife Megan built Relationship with Cam Newton as a Freshman. Mullen is credited with the development of several notable quarterbacks including Alex Smith (Utah), Josh Harris (Bowling Green), Chris Leak (Florida) and Heisman Trophy-winner Tim Tebow (Florida). Mullen, along with LSU Offensive Coordinator Gary Crowton and University of Oregon Head Coach Chip Kelly, are part of the so-called "New Hampshire mafia" as they all have strong connections to New Hampshire.
Jody Wright – Asst. coach at MSU in 2009, now on staff at UA in the same capacity - was the one who recruited Cam Newton for Mississippi State. It's believed that Wright was the (legal) middle-man between the Newton's and MSU. Was interviewed by the NCAA on November 15th. Upon completion of that Interview, NCAA headed immediately to Auburn.
Gene Chizik – Named Head Coach of AU on Dec. 13, 2008. Prior to Auburn, Was head coach at Iowa State, compiling a 5-19 record in two seasons. Chizik was also at AU during the 2002-2004 seasons acting as DC under Tuberville.
Jay Jacobs – Named AU’s AD on Dec. 22, 2004, after working in almost every area of the Dept. for the previous 20 years. Played Football for AU as a Walk-on offensive tackle in 1982 and 1983. After College, Held various positions in AD while working under then Coach and AD Pat Dye. Was Sr. Assoc. AD in charge of Tigers Unlimited from 2001-04, the lead Fundraising arm of the AU AD. Also spearheaded a $90 million capital campaign for Athletics, the largest AU history.
Pat Dye - Head coach and AD at AU from 1981 until 1992. Dye was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2005. Served as Defensive Coach at UA from 1965 to 1973 under Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant. Ranked 3rd in AU Football wins with a record of 99-39-4. Reign on the Plains ended abruptly after the 1992 season, the result of a NCAA probe relating to illegal loans, payments, and gifts made by boosters and assistant coaches to then player Eric Ramsey. At the time, the most severe penalty handed down by the NCAA Committee.
Eric Ramsey - The defensive back AU in the early 1990s who used a tape recorder to secretly record conversations between his football coaches and Booster "Corky" Frost regarding an illicit player payment scheme. Ramsey's allegations also included racist practices at Auburn, including disapproval of inter-racial dating in the community and segregation of black and white players in the resident athletic dorm. After his tapes were revealed, Auburn received strict penalties and probation for the sixth time in the schools history
Terry Bowden – a.k.a. “Tater Tot”, and son of the legendary Bobby Bowden. Became AU head coach in 1992. During his first year at Auburn, Bowden led the Tigers to a perfect 11–0 season, becoming the first coach to go undefeated in his debut season at a Division I school. In 1994, Auburn finished 9–1–1, establishing the longest winning streak in school history at 20 games. While still suffering from the sanctions rendered for Dye & Co’s transgressions, in 1998 Bowden's fate at AU changed as he faced criticism for recruiting woes and off-the-field player discipline issues. Compound these problems with a string of injuries at center and in the backfield and you have to a disastrous start of the 1998 season. After starting with a 1–5 record, Bowden resigned as head coach the night before Auburn played against Louisiana Tech, replaced with Bill Oliver.
Bill Oliver – He is best known as a DC at both UA under Gene Stallings and at AU under Terry Bowden, the latter where he also served as interim head coach in 1998. Was at the center of Bowden controversy, allegedly working with Longtime Booster and then BoT member Bobby Lowder conspiring to have Bowden Fired.
Wayne Hall – Longtime asst. and DC under both Dye and Bowden. Was the supposed “Bookkeeper and Bag Man” for payments to touted recruits under Dye, which continued under Bowden. Started Coach’s Construction of Auburn, has been recognized as a premier business leader in the AU community. (see link)
Gene Jelks – UA defensive Back and prize recruit which received $2,100 as a "signing bonus" when he committed to Alabama in 1985 and received money from coaches and boosters during his playing career, which ended with the 1989 season. He, along with Antonio Langham and his role in NapkinGate, led to the departure of Gene Stallings and Staff, along with most of the Athletic Dept.
Tommy Tuberville – AU Head Coach from 1999 to 2008. During his tenure Tubs guided AU to the top of the SEC, Winning both the SEC Championship and the Western Division title in 2004. Made 8 straight bowl appearances and 5 New Year's Day bowls. Was a perfect 13–0 in 2004; In 2005, finished 9–3 with victories over UGA and UA. Had a winning record against UA (7–3) including 6 straight, more than any other Auburn coach. Also broke even with Georgia and LSU (5–5).
Tony Franklin – Much Maligned OC hired by Tubs to install the Spread Offense. Never really had the proper personnel at skilled positions, and was later fired for lack of performance. Was most noted for his quote in the AJC sometime after his termination – “People would be shocked at the stuff that goes on at Auburn - it would make headlines for the National Enquirer”
Trooper Taylor – Current assistant head coach, wide receivers coach, and Recruiting Coordinator at AU. Instrumental in Auburn signing a consensus top-five recruiting class in 2010. Named by Rivals.com to its list of the top 25 recruiters for the 3rd time, having previously earned the recognition in 2005 and 2007. Served in a similar capacity at OK. State, landing prize 5* players Dez Bryant and Kendall Hunter. Has held similar positions at both UT and Tulane. Although never formally sanctioned, rumors and innuendo have always followed Taylor with respect to PFP controversies and inappropriate gifts to prospective players, especially while at Tulane.
Rich McGlynn – Current AU AD Compliance Officer. Prior to AU, was employed by the NCAA from 2001 to 2006, most recently serving as Associate Director of Membership Services. Prior to that, was an Assistant Director of Membership Services and a Student-Athletes Reinstatement Representative within the Enforcement Services arm of the NCAA. Was Commissioner of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference from 2000-01 and was a legal specialist for the New Jersey General Assembly Majority Office (2000-01). Served as a legal specialist to the Office of Counsel to the Governor to the State of New Jersey (1999-00).
W&L – According to those in the know, in real life he is a fairly influential religious figure in Al. working with athletes at the high school and collegiate level. In CyberSpace, he’s a long-Time member of Bama OnLine, who evidently is very well placed within the Bama Athletic Machine. Rarely does he post, but when he does most take it to the bank. Doesn’t always post the actual facts as “Gospel”, but rather his opinion based on unrevealed concrete facts. Evidently was way ahead of the Jones/Ingram Fishing Saga, the Saban Hiring, and most recently the Dareus Suspension. Also the Seed for The Egg’s nearly 1200 post thread regarding W&L’s e-cred.
Paul Davis – Editor for the Opelika-Auburn News and the Tuskegee News Press. Often critical of Lowder and his mingling, broke the piece on October 21st regarding the ties between Geddie, Auburn, and the Vote buying indictments. Also authored the interview with Bowden in 2001 on his ranch regarding Lowder, Dye, and the BoT.
Robert Geddie – Lobbyist for Wise–Geddie. According to the Department of Justice, (Geddie) was nailed for allegedly working with the state’s major gambling interests to influence and/or buying votes favoring proposed gambling houses. The indictment was based primarily on intercepts (wire taps) of cell phone and land line conversations with those now rumored in the alleged pay-for-play scheme
LOWDER & CO.
Bobby Lowder – AU BoT member since 1988, and Chairman of AU Finance Committee. Also the largest booster with AU Athletics. Current Trustee position expires Late 2011. Was chairman and CEO of Colonial BancGroup, a $25Billion Nat’l. Bank headquartered in Montgomery Al. until it’s failure inMid-Late August, 2009. Lowder is often thought of as the Wizard behind the Curtain, manipulating the Ala. Political Machine as well as the AU BoT and AD as he feels. Up until Colonial’s failure and takeover and liquidation by the Feds, Lowder was labeled as the most powerful man in Alabama. Also the most disliked individual within AU, outside of his inner circle.
Milton McGregor – Large AU Athletics Booster, and Owner of Victoryland, an area located in Shorter, Alabama that consists of a greyhound racing track, casino, and a 5-star hotel. It was dubbed as a racino. Ala. Govenor, Atty General, and approx 100 Ala State Troopers tried to seize bingo machines on Jan. 29th, but were blocked by a temporary restraining order blocking State Access. Since August 12, 2010, Victoryland has closed its casino, restaurant and hotel operations. McGregor was arrested on October 4th, along with several of his Legislative Cronies as part of a Vote Buying Scam. This was the same casino operator that led to the lawsuits against former Birmingham Mayor Larry Langford.
Larry Langford – Former Birmingham Al. mayor in jail for taking $235,000 in cash and gifts from associates profiting from Jefferson County bond deals. Was also sued by several individuals claiming he received ill-gotten winnings from rigged Bingo Machines at VictoryLand, in exchange for receiving political favor and to promote approval of business dealings for affiliates of the Macon County Greyhound Park, mainly McGregor.
Jimmy Rane – Another Long Time AU Booster, Rane is the CEO and founder of Great Southern Wood Preserving, which makes YellaWood, a rot resistant pressure treated lumber used in a multitude of construction and landscaping applications. He is also the founder of the Jimmy Rane Foundation, which promotes Higher Ed through Scholarships for lesser-advantaged students with low incomes or unsuccessful surroundings. Rane’s involvement in AU Boosters goes all the way back to the Bowden Era. In Fact, Bowden referred to him, in his 2001 interview with Paul Davis “…as a wannabe, a jock sniffer, a loose cannon. He wants to be involved in everything. He is High Maintenance.”
Paul Spina and John C. McWhorter – Spina of Spina Enterprises, Pelham, Al (Real Estate & Investments) and McWhorter of McWhorter & Co., Anniston, Al (General Contractor) are the two BoT members along with Rane that Bowden accused of making direct payments to players during both Dye’s and Bowden’s tenure. Spina still sits on the Bot, while McWhorter’s At-large term expired in 2008.
ORGANIZATIONS – TERMS – ACRONYMS
Colonial BancGroup - $25Billion Financial Institution controlled by Lowder headquartered in Montgomery, Al. August of 2009, failed and was seized by the FDIC, and simultaneously sold to BB&T for $1Million. Currently under federal investigation for fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds, and money laundering (to name a few) in conjunction with the financial instability of both Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. As late as 2007, board members included in addition to Lowder, John Miller, AU BoT and lead partner of Miller, Hamilton, Snyder, and Odom – Mobile, Jimmy Rane (BoT), Pat Dye, and Milton McGregor Paul Spina (BoT) was Chairman of Colonial Bank Group, Montgomery, a subsidiary of the Colonial Parent Holding Company.
Victoryland/Quincey’s 777 -An area located in Shorter, Alabama that consists of a greyhound racing track, casino, and a 5-star hotel. It was dubbed as a racino. Operations closed in late summer 2010, just before McGregor was indicted.
Bama OnLine (BOL)– Rivals.com site discussing all things Bama. ITAT Conspiracy theorists feel several posters on this site are the machine behind the atrocity known as CamGate.
Tiger Sports Digest (TSD)– LSU’s Scout.com Pay Site. November 16th reports Indictments handed down today involving Auburn Boosters caught on tape discussing PFP scheme.
REC – Red Elephant Club - UA Athletics contribution Vehicle and Booster Club. Not confirmed, but also rumored to have overthrown the FreeMasons, the Illuminati, The US Federal Reserve Bank, The 7 Jewish Bankers controlling the world’s economy, as well as keeping the commitment of a 6:30am Friday tee time at Augusta National with Pope Benedict XVI
SACS-Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - The Commission on Colleges that is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting for higher education institutions in the Southern states.
ITAT – Inside the Auburn Tigers. Scout.com’s website with discussions all things Auburn.
PFP – Play-For-Play
BoT – Auburn University’s Board of Trustees
SECr – TigerDroppings.com’s SEC Rant
SIAP – Seen in a different Post (or Sorry If Already Posted)
PART TWO (II) - BACKGROUND HISTORY INVOLVING DYE, LOWDER, THE BOT, AND THE COACHES.
This is a brief compilation of Bobby Lowder’s alleged involvement and manipulation of the Auburn University System as it relates to the Athletic Dept., the Board of trustees, and SACS
CHAPTER 1 -Terry Bowden (source: Darkside of College Football Interview with Paul Davis at Bowden’s ranch in 2001)
1) Way back in 1992-93, rumors and allegations surrounding AU's football program are swirling around Pat Dye, Asst. Coach Wayne Hall (the "Bookkeeper"), and Bobby Lowder claiming lump sum as well as monthly payments to highly touted recruits were being made by the Coaching Staff and BoT members. Supposedly, 50-60 boosters would each contribute $5,000 to facilitate the payments. Hall collected the money from the boosters, as well as making the payments to the players. Hall and Dye also pay an Atlanta Atty $30,000 to forward onto Gene Jelks to keep him squeeling about PFP programs at Bama. (This by the way is absolutely hilarious!!)
2) The same year, Eric Ramsey uses a concealed tape recorder and documents booster "Corky" Frost's conversations with Dye and other coaches describing AU's PFP program and how it worked.
3) Before the shitstorm gets totally out of control with NCAA Investigations, Bobby Lowder 'ram-rods" Terry Bowden into Dye's position as coach, with the understanding Bowden keeps Hall (Paymaster and Bookkeeper) on staff, against the wishes of assoc. AD Mike Lude, because Lude knew Hall was the money man.
4) On August 18, 1993, Auburn was hit with some of the most severe penalties in the history of the NCAA (at that time). These included a two-year bowl ban, a one-year television ban (for the 1993 season), and the loss of 13 scholarships spread out over a four-year period. Dye was also banned from any appearance at an Auburn function until August 1995. The probation period, while enforced at the beginning of the 1993 season, did not actually start until the 1991 probations of the basketball and tennis teams ended. The probation therefore extended until Thanksgiving 1995.
5) Although Bowden admits to allowing Hall to honor payment agreements reached with existing players, Bowden begins the "termination" of the PFP program involving any new recruits, pissing Lowder off for not playing along, even though sanctions were severely limiting the talent pool in Football. Lowder begins to panic, has his daughter hired as Bowden's Admin. Asst. to keep tabs, and implements a "coup" of the Athletic Administration. He has Muse replaced with David Housel, someone to act more as a puppet controlled by Lowder. Also orchestrates BoT Members Jimmy Rane, Paul Spina, and John C. McWhorter as the BoT Football Advisory Committee, which devises the demise of Bowden.
6) According to Bowden, Danny Rane (a walk on and YellaWood's son) is secretly sending AU practice tapes to Miss. St. to further the failure of Bowden and Staff (also absolutely hilarious if true.) Bill Oliver (Bowden's Def. Coord.) brings a concealed tape recorder to coaches meeting and prods Bowden into lying about supposed "votes of confidence" assured for Bowden and Staff by Lowder. Mid-Season Tommy Tubs is promised AU's head coaching job, while still coaching at Ole Miss.
7) Bowden gets wind of all this, and resigns mid-season before the BoT and Lowder can orchestrate his formal termination. By doing so, Bowden secures a severance package of the Ranch where the invterview took place, a lump sum payment of Ccash, and deferred installment disbursements, in all valued at over $1.8Million. Also included in the package is a confidentiality agreement sealing ANY discussion of Lowder, BoT, the Athletic Dept. or Recruiting.
CHAPTER 2 - TOMMY TUBS (source: AJC, Mobile Register, and ESPN Archived Articles via Google)
1) From 1999 to 2003, TT Wins between 7-9 games per season, placing 1st in the West twice. On more than one occasion, Lowder and TT butt heads during this period, pissing Lowder off.
2) Lowder, then President William Walker, Then AD Housel, and BoT members Franklin and McWhorter fly to Louisville to meet Bobby Petrino about replacing Tubs, starting the fiasco later known as JetGate.
3) Tubs gets pissed, threatens to go to the SACS (which is in the midst of it's own review of BoT problems caused by Lowder), and the whole thing blows up in Lowder's face. In an effort to keep Tubs at bay, his contract is renegotiated to include a disclosure provision that Tubs is to be notified before any contact with a potential coach or search is made.
4) Tubs goes 13-0 yet AU gets snubbed for 2004 BCS.
5) 2007 Saban shows up at Bama
6) Lowder and Co. are scared about Bama's hire and want Tubs out, allegedly because Tubs won't "actively" participate in PFP schemes which Lowder and Co. feel is necessary to compete with Bama's new hire. Also, Tubs hire of Franklin as OC was a compete failure. YellaWood (Still BoT Member) contacts Huston Nutt (Sexton Client) about possible interest. Nutt Tells Sexton, who Tells Tubs, who Treatens Litigation for Breach of Search Notification Clause.
7) AU and Boosters shell out $Millions to Tubs as Settlement.
CHAPTER 3 - Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) (source: Timeline - AJC Archives, Al.com, via Google)
1) April 1999. Budget Cuts orchestrated by Lowder as head of BoT Finance Chair eliminate the PhD. program in Economics, pissing off a large portion of the Faculty, including then Pres. William Muse. By Feb, 2001 (led behind the scenes by Lowder) Muse has had enough, gets forced out and takes a similar position with East Carolina.
2) March, 2001, Muse along with several Faculty and Dept Chairs, initiate a formal complaint to the SACS that BoT has severely infringed upon the authority of the University President, specifically the "Micromanagement" of Lowder in both Academics and the Athletic Dept. They specifically site the Termination/Resignation of TBowden as record.
3) SACS records 9 votes of no confidence and was in the process of initiating and investigation when AU sues the SACS for lack of due process.
4) In August, 2002 a Federal Judge appoints an independent examiner to look into allegations, as well as the financial ties between the various BoT members. Richard Bradley issues a report on December 13th, but the Judge, at the insistence of SACS, deems the report inadequate. So Bradley does another investigation, the results of which are curiously sealed by a separate court order, an order which remains intact still today.
5) SACS places AU on a one year probation, the most severe sanction possible without pulling the accreditation entirely. Although hampered by a Federal Judge's restrictions, they were still able to substantiate Micromanagement issues. Specifically, the business relationships bewteen Lowder's Bank, Atty Jack Miller (BoT member as well as lead Counsel for Colonial Bank) Jimmy Rane (BoT Member whose Lumber Company's primary commercial banking relationship is with Colonial Bank, Also owning Colonial Bank Stock worth over $2.4Million), would allow Lowder and his "Minority" vote could influence the "Majority". They also noted Lowder & Co.'s involvement in both the Dye-PFP and Bowden termination as Micromanagement.
CHAPTER 4 - Chizik (source: ESPN: editorial via Google with added supposition)
1) Rane makes contact with Houston Nutt in 2008 mid-season, violating the search notification clause in TTubs' Contract Renegotiation after JetGate.
2) Nutt tells Sexton (his Agent), which in turn tells Tubs who is also a Sexton Client. Tubs resigns, gets a huge settlement, leaving Au coachless.
3) Lowder and AU continue search, which ultimately leads to the hiring of Chizik, a former Sexton client which with a 5-19 record would knowingly jump at any opportunity to enhance his resume. Chizik also was familiar with Lowder, Dye, and Co., as he previously acted as DC under Tubs, making him a perfect "puppet" for Lowder and crew to manipulate. Chizik's Recruiting Coordinator is TTaylor –
PART THREE (III)- THE CORRUPTION, TIES TO GAMBLING, CORRUPT POLITICIANS, AND LOBBYISTS
Before the actual events and behind the scene motivations of CamGate can be fully understood, one needs to comprehend the inner workings of Alabama’s political system and the players pulling the strings. The course of events leading up to the wire taps, investigations, and ultimate indictments are starting to surface and are becoming VERY VERY interesting……
1st is an Article in the Tuskegee News dated October 21st. In short, the writer suggests a lobbying/consulting group has been used by the Auburn Athletic Foundation to launder cash ultimately ending up in the hands of players/player families. Robert Geddie was a partner in the firm Fine-Geddie until his indictment and arrest in October. According to the Department of Justice, (Geddie) was nailed for allegedly working with the state’s major gambling interests to influence and/or buying votes favoring proposed gambling houses. The indictment was based primarily on intercepts (wire taps) of cell phone and land-line conversations with those now rumored to have facilitated the PFP scheme.
Adding fuel to the fire are the ties between former Colonial Bank Chairman Bobby Lowder (Bank of $25Billion failed earlier this year), Milton McGregor (Dog Track, Bingo, and Casino Owner), and Pat Dye (former AU Football Coach). These were the three largest shareholders of the now defunct Colonial BancGroup, a mortgage brokerage, commercial banking, and mortgage warehousing firm based in Montgomery, Al. McGregor was indicted about the same time as Geddie. Wire-taps were the backbone behind the indictments, but it has been speculated by most the FBI overheard conversations between McGergor, Rane, Dye, and coaches talking about the PFP schemes that are speculated at Auburn. What most are saying is that the FBI just stumbled into the PFP planning while gathering the voter fraud and political corruption evidence. Notice how the 1st person the FBI supposedly questioned regarding Cam and his Father was John Bond. Next, they’re going to Kenny Rodgers (this Tuesday). Speculation is the Feds are gathering the bits and pieces from the MSU side which can be proven or substantiated with the wire tap tapes they have between all of these AU Boosters, and then are going to the AU side corner those suspects either in perjured testimony, or extortion charges relating to this unintended evidence. Once they are able to turn the smaller players, the FBI will turn the pleas against the real targets, in very much the same fashion as the Edwin Edwards and William Jefferson Cases.
Think about it for a minute. The FBI could care less about college football unless it involves organized gambling or extortion. They are after evidence of Voter Influence, mis-appropriation of Bank Funds, extortion, embezzlement, the ultimate goal being to gain as many assets as possible to offset the FDIC losses incurred from the Colonial failure, while punishing those behind the schemes.
Remember TMZ’s report and why the FBI was involved in the 1st place. They implied that the FBI is more interested in efforts to shop players around, not just a single player (extortion). This was again confirmed Friday, November 12th when John Bond stated the reason for the FBI’s questioning was that "They don't want people selling kids to colleges." This ties into the AgentGate BS all of the governing bodies came unglued about earlier this summer. One editorial out of Mobile included this little gem the other day - With Milton McGregor involved in this as an Auburn booster watch out. The FBI has listened to every phone conversation from his office in the past year. He is the dirtiest multi-millionaire in Alabama.
Fast forward to this past Thursday, November 11th. The NCAA meets with Auburn officials supposedly to discuss the previous two weeks news reports. Upon conclusion of that meeting, the “We’ve done absolutely nothing wrong, Cam is Innocent, this is a Witch Hunt” being spewed by both the University and the Athletic Department suddenly changed to “No Comment.” Auburn quickly lawyered up with an experienced NCAA Compliance Firm. They also hired a longtime NCAA investigator which acted as a consultant when Albert Means and Alabama went down in 2001-2002. What is interesting here is the relationship between McGregor, Geddie (Lobbyist), and an election for State Supreme Court Judge. Here’s what was posted on BOL about the relationships between everyone.
Finebaum participated two years ago in a Paul Finebaum Roast to benefit an organization called "The Children's First Trust Fund" I am not sure if I have the name correct. A lot of sports celebrities and very powerful people were at this roast. This organizations top donor was Quincy's 777, which is McGregors Casino. This organization was incorporated by the Chief Justice of our Supreme Court in Alabama, Justice Sue Bell Cobb. The money from the tobacco lawsuits go into this trust fund and it is about 50-60 million a year. If I were an FBI agent that amount of money would make me look. Sue Bell Cobb ran a campaign for Chief Justice that cost about 13 million dollars which was the most expensive state run campaign for a supreme court seat in the history of the US compared to one other in Texas. However Alabama only has 4 million people so why is controlling our supreme court so important? Now go back and look at why Milton McGregor was indicted. (He is accused of buying legislative votes on the gambling bill) People in this state are so stupid that they think Bob Riley, our governor, has a political agenda against Milton and that his indictment was just about bingo gambling. People in this state are so stupid that they have no idea what is really going on here. Link to the roast is below with a list of their donors. Notice Quincy 777 (Milton McGregor) is at the top of the list.
Now lets look at the Law Firm Auburn hired, Lightfoot, Franklin & White in Birmingham. Look back to link that tells who all the powerful donors are and scroll down to the bronze donors and see if you see what law-firm you see listed there. Oh my...it's Lightfoot, Franklin, & White. Now let's take a look back to our organization, "Alabama Children First" and ask ourselves what that once great humanitarian Adolph Hitler said.
He said, "if you do it in the name of children you can get away with murder”
Another BOL poster suggested, after reading the post noted above that “Someone needs to be looking into the allegations of the AU Boosters using this Children’s Fund Foundation to fly players, players parents, boosters, around to and from games, events, and other University functions.”
McGregor, Geddie, and the rest were arrested on October 4th, 2010. Cam signed with Auburn December 31st, 2009. If the wiretaps were the basis for their arrests and Cam was one of the PFP players noted, the dots must be starting to become connected. The Following link is to the actual indictment filed by the US Attorney. In it are details about the date of the calls, the substance of those conversations relative to the case against the defendants.
re: As the Plains Burn......(Updated 11-17) (Posted on 11/17/10 at 11:39 a.m. to blueTunaTiger)
PART THREE (III) - (continued)
Again, this thing now goes way beyond PFP schemes, and it appears the FED’s goal is to build the ultimate case against Bobby Lowder. Here is what is being said about Lowder’s tie in to all of this.
This goes way beyond Cam. They say the FBI, while monitoring the Bingo mess in Montgomery and also investigating the misappropriation of TARP funds by Colonial Bank, uncovered many, many things. Such things include guaranteed winning slot machines for AU players at Milt’s (Colonial Board member, AU Booster) Casino, unmarked ATM cards issued to AU players from Colonial Bank (Bobby Lowder-AU Board Member and Booster; Pat Dye-Colonial Board member, AU employee and Booster), forgiven loans to families, friends, donors, etc.
If true, big time jail time, loss of SACS accreditation which means expulsion from the SEC, huge financial implications for AU, removal of Dye’s name from the field and so on.
This also explains why the AU President wanted to sit Cam last Saturday, but was overridden by Lowder, Dye, Jacobs, Rane and McGregor
The FBI must have overheard discussions about players on tape while the FBI was building their case against those arrested. It was reported the Department of Justice in July began notifying various politicians, reporters, lobbyists and others that their conversations may have been picked up during wire-taps. The phone taps occurred during a 13 Month period starting mid-2009, just about the same time as the total collapse of Colonial BancGroup was taking place. Late 2009 – early 2010 would have been when recruiting was at it’s height, and money and deals (if this pay for play scheme was in fact in full operation) had to have been discussed every day. This was also just before the Legislative Session would have been in discussions/ negotiations regarding Sweet Home Alabama (Res 44), the states gambling and casino bill.
Here is another poster from “Tidesports”, the Bama Scout.com affiliate similar to “Tiger Rag”…
"I previously posted an unsubstantiated rumor I read somewhere that Milton McGregor, the owner of Victoryland dog track, and according to recent articles an Auburn BOT member, was involved in the Newton saga as the conduit for the cash. According to the story, the FBI had wire-taps of McGregor because of this gambling conspiracy, and on those wire taps were conversations that took place between McGregor and Cecil Newton. The timeline fits as the FBI arrested McGregor in October, 2010 and according to MSU, the Cam shopping didn't start until late November, 2009. Is McGregor stupid enough to continue his role in the pay for play deal for Auburn even after he knew the Feds were watching? I don't know. But it's funny that you find this article after I saw the allegation that Milton McGregor was the money man for Auburn. It would be real convenient and easy to launder money and hide it with an operation like Victoryland that handles huge amounts of cash on a daily basis.
Another thing your article alluded to that was commonly known, but never said out loud was how Bobby Lowder became so powerful in Auburn athletic circles. Ole Bobby controlled the purse strings. If you were an Auburn BOT member and you wanted your business to continue to have funds readily available, you played ball with Bobby and did what he wanted or Colonial Bank would find a reason to make your business dealings difficult i.e. they would slow down or cut off the money. And they ALL did business with Colonial as you can see. I'm sure he sucked them all in with sweet deals and promises then when he got his hooks into them, they either did what Bobby wanted or Bobby would get nasty.,
As a point of reference, here’s a partial list of AU’s BoT when all of this was supposedly going down:
John HC Miller
Paul Spina - Montgomery, Al. Bank Chairman
Very easy to see why the Tuskegee News was so interested in the relationship between Lowder and the other Auburn Board members.
PART FOUR (IV) - THE 2010 CLASS, W&L, TROOPER TAYLOR, AND CAMGATE
Coach Chiz was hired December 13th, 2008. Auburn’s Class consisted of 28 players being signed, ranked 25th in the Country (LSU #1, Bama #2, Fla. #5, UGA #6, USCe #12, UTenn, #15, ARKY. #20, Ole Miss #22, Miss. St. #23). AU’s top rated player that year was DeAngelo Benton, a highly sought after, but academically troubling player from La. that had originally committed to LSU. Production thus far in his career is just 7 receptions for only 103 yards.
The 2010 Class, built primarily on the efforts of Trooper Taylor (as per AU Football Media Propaganda), miraculously lands the #1 players from Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, as well as the #1 JUCO signee in Cam Newton. Why the turnaround, when their previous season only netted a 7-5 regular season record (3-5 SEC), along with an overtime win against Northwestern on New Years Day.
Enter CamGate, Lowder & Co., and Trooper Taylor.
The Rodgers/Bodn/Mullen/Cecil/SEC/NCAA/FBI Timeline (as per TD poster Ilovebama):
• Before 2009 Egg Bowl, Ken Rodgers talked with Cecil, who said "It's not gonna be free this time."
• Nov 27th, 2009 Ken Rodgers meets Cam and Dan, for the first time.
• Nov 27th, 2009 Ken, Cecil, and two coaches meet at Hilton Garden Inn, where Cecil says "Anywhere between $100,000 and $180,000." coaches respond ‘No, no, I don’t want to hear that,’
• Nov 29th, 2009 Ken leaves Bill Bell a voicemail asking if the deal is going to get done
• Bell was contacted by Cecil Newton asking for money
• Bell calls Bond and urges Bond to tell MSU officials.
• Bond calls Byrne
• Dec 14th, 2009 Cam pushes committing back to Dec 22nd, 2009
• Dec 20th, 2009 Cam visits Auburn, Dad was not there
• Cam commits Dec 31st
Trevon Reed is a solid to Strong LSU verbal, until very late in the process when he abruptly changes his mind to Auburn, against the better judgment of his high school coach. Similar waffling is also experienced with Dyer, Coleman, and Others. It has been mentioned there exists a recorded conversation between TTaylor and McGregor discussing the progress in wrapping up this class. To paraphrase, ”… just one more deal to cut and it’s all done. Then there’s a mention of needing $200K to close it out.”
HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF
The totally amazing thing is that even though there have been sanctions levied against all of Lowder’s “bag-men” and puppets, they still are allowed to wander freely about the University carrying on like nothing has ever happened. The Field is named after the notorious Pat Dye, even though he was recorded and caught coordinating a $9,000 loan from where, Colonial Bank. Don’t forget that Dye was both AD and head coach. Jump Forward to 2010. Cecil’s Church suddenly “Rises from the Dead” (no pun intended) and is no longer involved in condemnation proceedings with Local Authorities. Pre Chris Low, Pat Forde, and Others at ESPN, comment on how Newton’s Church and home are meager, but he drives up for the interview in a $60,000 truck less than a year old?
Follow these questions with the now infamous post of W&L on BOL earlier in the week.
unlike Aubs and Gadsden, and (insert recruit X here) being sold to Bama, this tale of cheating is factual and fatal. I cannot nor will I say anything other than this.
Auburn is going on probation for a very long time. enjoy playing cam yesterday to keep Bama from Atlanta. enjoy playing cam so that you could give your fans a send off to Atlanta. enjoy watching a player who gave your program the finger kneel at the goalpost so your "family" could be fooled again. He and his family could care less about you.
Save it.....repeat it..put in on the bunker.........mark my word and my reputation (which means nothing at all in the true sense of the word after all..this is an internet board for goodness sake..VBG)
You are about to be publically humiliated and punished harder than any College Football team in history..except SMU.
Cam will be stricken from your record books. All wins, championships, and records will be gone. You will spend a decade at the BOTTOM of the SEC West, and financial hits will devastate your entire school (note..not the AD alone).
You will reinforce your reputation as the most corrupt college program in history. You will be forced to change the name of your "field". You will lose to Alabama for a decade if not more. And finally, if leadership can be brought to the forefront, (and yes, this is the only prediction about which I cannot put forth what I consider strong evidence), you will be kicked out of the Southeastern Conference in a unanimous vote.
Enjoy this limited run. And Will Collier..yes I know you will read this post...Hell is REALLY coming to burn your program to the ground. Go ahead and get your "conspiracy theories" ready..go ahead and try to figure out how you can claim championships that were rightfully stipped from you..go ahead and focus on how you will bring down Alabama, your singular obsession in life.
Your hell continues this week..........we here plan to enjoy your pain.
Payoffs with Poker Chips, Colonial Bank ATM Cards, guaranteed winnings at McGregor’s casinos, similar to that of Langford. Too many coincidences mean too much smoke. Everyone knows this can only lead to a firestorm, the kind only experienced in Hell.
AUBURN’S SLIPPERY SLOPE
• January, 2010 Byrne (MSU)reports to SEC
• SEC responds wanting more information, into allegations
• MSU waits because they are working on eligibility’s issues relating to their Basketball program, currently in season
• SEC contacts NCAA
• NCAA-SEC get with MSU
• During this time, the Church managed by Newton was in financial trouble and facing eviction but suddenly had enough cash to do extensive renovations to meet building codes.
• Newton's father owned a small trucking company with two drivers. After Newton signed they were flushed with so many contracts that a dozen drivers were hired.
• OCTOBER 4TH, 2010. McGregor, Geddie, and others with political ties Lowder and Co. are indicted and arrested, based on taped conversations held during the previous 13 months.
• 10/21/2010 Dan Mullen goes on Rivals radio ASKED... how close were you to getting Cam at MSU ...Dan Mullen: "thats a long long story ...that be in the book."
• Nov 4th, Bond releases statement “During the 2009 football season, I was contacted by a former football teammate, who represented to me that he was speaking for the Newton camp. He told me that Cam Newton wanted to play at Mississippi State, but that a specified payment would have to be made. I reported the conversation to the Mississippi State Athletic Department. I was told by the Athletic Department that Mississippi State would not respond to the overture that was made to me, and that Mississippi State would continue to recruit Cam Newton as it does any other football recruit.”
• MSU: "We are comfortable that representatives of Mississippi State University's interests conducted themselves appropriately and in compliance with all NCAA by-laws. Mississippi State is committed to operating our athletics programs within the rules of the NCAA and Southeastern Conference, and we expect those affiliated with our program to continue to do the same."
• Cecil Newton, the quarterback's father, denied the allegations to ESPN.com. "If Rogers tried to solicit money from Mississippi State, he did it on his own, without our knowledge," he told the website.
• Chizik: "I'm standing up here on a very important week trying to defend something that quite frankly is garbage," Chizik told reporters. "Is there a wizard behind the curtain? I don't know. Is there one, is there two, are there 10? I don't know and I don't care. But what I do care about is coming to the defense of not only a great football player but a great human being who comes from a great family."
• Nov 8th, Foxsports.com reports that Newton was caught cheating three times at Florida.
• Nov 9th, Auburn AD called cheating allegations "sad". "Cam is by all accounts a great kid."
• Nov 9th, ESPN.com’s Joe Schad reported that “two sources who recruit for Mississippi State” said in separate phone conversations that Cam Newton’s decision to commit to a school “would be part of a pay-for-play” plan.
• FBI gets involved in the MSU portion of the investigation, as they are already well trenched in the Auburn/Lowder/McGregor and friends side.
• Nov 10th, Once the NCAA enforcement staff became involved, Mississippi State University cooperated fully with its investigation. MSU is confident the SEC office has managed this process consistent with its established procedures and the university is committed to the conference’s ongoing efforts to ensure compliance with SEC and NCAA rules.
• Nov 11th, “The SEC never received information from MSU about phone calls with the Newtons about pay for play,” SEC spokesman Charles Bloom said in an e-mail Thursday.
• Nov 11th, Bond releases a statement. “My story hasn’t changed. I absolutely talked with Kenny Rogers, and there are phone records that will show that.” Bond said he’s scheduled to meet with the FBI on Tuesday and plans to turn over his phone records and anything else they ask for at that point. He said the FBI reached out to his attorney earlier this week wanting to talk with him about the Newton situation, in particular if kids were being shopped out to colleges. That meeting was originally scheduled for Wednesday, but was postponed by the FBI until next Tuesday. “Until I speak with the FBI, I’d prefer not to say much more,”
• Nov 11th Rogers admits, after previously denying, that in fact Cecil Newton had asked for money to recruit his son to play at MSU.
• Nov 11th Bill Bell says he was contacted and asked for payment by Cecil Newton and he has been interviewed by the NCAA
• Nov 12th Jay Jacobs says "We aren't commenting on it"
• Bond to meet FBI on November 16th, later said "This has nothing to do with Auburn, Absolutely nothing to do with Auburn. The FBI does not want anyone selling the right to players"
• Rodgers to meet with NCAA around November 16th
• Nov 12th, Cecil Newton admits to asking for money from MSU in exchange for Cam to play there.
• Nov 12th, ESPN reports that a source stated that he was contacted by an emotional Cam Newton stating his regret that he would not be playing for MSU, as his father had chosen Auburn because "the money was too much".
• Nov 13th, Despite all of the above evidence, Auburn Still Plays Newton
Remember EVERYONE has now lawyered up, and remember the change of heart from "He’s clean!" to the “No Comment” response. Here’s what is being said by those in the “know"……… Auburn did not suspend Cam because the NCAA didn’t tell them to. They let Auburn make the decision and then after the fact will hammer them for doing something "they should not have done" Right now All Auburn cares about is beating Bama, winning the SEC getting Cam the Heisman, playing and perhaps winning the MNC, and marketing the hell out of their success..and deal with the NCAA later. And for those wondering why people thought Cam wouldn't play... it's because the president, the compliance dept and a couple of coaches all wanted to sit Cam. THAT is why so many people were sure Cam would sit. They knew what these guys were saying. HOWEVER, the AD, boosters and the rest of the coaches wanted to play him. It's clear the president and the compliance dept weren't being listened to. All of this is an exact repetition of what the SACS complained about in 2001-2004. It was only after strong urging from the Governor stressing to the accreditation board they were fixing the problem. Some Repair.
Now, take into account the similarities of the BoT and Colonial, and the ability to launder money through the various foundations becomes mind-boggling. Also don’t forget that McGregor is major gambling, betting houses, casino business, and is reportedly now the main money-man between the Boosters and Newton. Now are you starting to see what is so disturbing to both the FBI and the NCAA? In short, Major Gambling tied into illegal activities in College Athletics. Also don’t forget Saturday’s game with Georgia had the line pulled not once, but twice. Think inside information was being passed? This is not going to end well, and why so many are speculating Auburn’s dismissal from the SEC and ultimately Athletic Death Penalty. This is also the speculation as to why Mike Slive tried to drag his feet regarding the investigation hoping it would just go away. Now look at what is being reported in Sunday’s New York Times, specifically the quote…….
"But what could happen in the next few weeks is a nightmare script for the N.C.A.A., the SEC and college football. From the involvement of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to the gluttonous news media attention, the story is one of the most explosive in the history of college football."
It looks like everyone has a lot of the same information, but from varying sources. This is the same guy that broke the Cam Cheating information a week ago. By the way, SUpposedly, some reporter sent out a blase e-mail to the Faculty or Student Body questioning Cam's attendance in class. From his responses and subsequent notations, it seems Cam has been skipping the majority of classes according to those in the know.
I’m not sure how this will end, or the validity of what is being reported. But I can tell you most in Alabama think there is a major bomb getting ready to drop, and this is being reported on both sides. Whatever the outcome, this story sounds like something from a Grisham Novel, Huh?
Post Release Updates
NOVEMBER 17th, 2010
TMZ reports that the FBI is investigating relationships between Milton McGregor and the Newton Controversy. Specifically, the report states that FBI asked someone connected with the Newton Case if he was familiar with McGregor or his bribery trial.
Just after this hit the wires, RollTideTA of TideSports.com posts an e-mail he received from someone “in the know”. The e-mail contained the following:
“…The Feds have tape from wire taps made on McGregor and other prominent Auburn boosters from their investigation. The Newton's were just shopping their talent's to the wrong people at the wrong time and thus there is hard evidence available that incriminates everyone involved. It's only a matter of time that all of this information becomes public.
FBI found out about Cam before the NCAA did while wiretapping Milton McGregor and others related to the casino/bingo indictments. They uncovered conversations with McGregor, Auburn and Cam's uncle in Michigan. McGregor paid $250K to the uncle through a PAC and other hidden entities and the uncle funneled the money to Cecil.
The FBI gave this information to the NCAA sometime after the indictments were handed down. They had to sit on the information for 6 months until the grand jury indicted the men and women in the gambling deal. All of the wiretap information was sealed and that is why the delay in investigating. The NCAA had to go to Miss St to see if Cecil had solicited money from them as well. That is why Miss St is involved. They are basically connecting all of the dots. Miss St may be cleared because they told Cecil no. He then went to Auburn. The offer was on the table from McGregor but Cam wanted to play at Miss St and not Auburn. When Miss St declined to pay him, he went to where the money was... hence the comment, "The money was too much." The FBI met with the Miss St coaches, John Bond and Bill Bell today to get their official statements.
Later in the day, ESPN reported Bill Bell received text from someone purportedly to represent the Newton Family outlining the payment schedule the family wanted in order to have his son play at MSU. Bell also handed over tape recordings of Cecil saying “'Dan Mullen is going to have to put a smile on my face if he thinks he's going to get my son” – substantiating the “Make Me Smile” comments rumored shortly after MSU went public.
The final gem of the day came from TD Poster "Tuck", on pg. 68 of Egg's "Mega Thread"
some more goodness, not from BOL though:
The FBI has been investigating Colonial Bank and Louder for a number
of possible violations in the financial market crash which are
unrelated to AU. Part of the investigation involved gambling fraud
between McGregor and Colonial Bank. Something called the Rico Stature
allowed the justice department to set up wiretaps on Colonial Bank.
On the wiretaps the FBI found major AU recruiting infractions involving
Louder, McGregor, Dye, Trooper, boosters and others.
Here’s what they say the FBI has on tape and can prove AU did:
• The people above are on tape explaining who they paid and how they did it.
• It involves many AU players
• Providing unmarked Colonial Bank ATM cards to players to withdraw
money from secret accounts.
• Giving “slot machine cards” to the players, which now involves the
Alabama Gaming Commission.
• Provided improper loans to some of the families in our last and
current recruiting class.
• The NCAA “strongly” recommended that AU sit Cam for GA. game because
of the mounting evidence.
• President Grogue wanted to sit Cam but was overruled by Louder and
the Board of Trustees.
• Coach Chizik knows none of this and has been lied to by Jacobs.
• The people named above know the S%#& is going to hit the fan “big
time” and have decided “we’re going down” so lets win the title even
if they take it away later.
• Slive knew about this early and sat on the information and is also
in the “crosshairs” of the FBI..
• The corruption is so deep at the highest level (trustees) that AU
will be evicted from kicked out of the SEC.
• This will be revealed by the end of the week
I skimmed a ton of it but this is a pretty cool find. Those are some serious allegations. I would love to see this come out to be true. It's amazing to see the lengths some of these schools go to get these players. I mean I'm sure tons of programs are paying kids some kind of change, probably even the school I cheer for, who knows. But this is just amazing the way they are allegedly doing this and how bad it's going to get them caught up. Great find sir.
Most of the stuff in bullets seemed to be the most important. All the dates of when people said stuff, the players changing commitments, when transactions allegedly took place, how it happened. If you do another scan over just look for that stuff.
AU Board of Trustees is controlled by a bunch of good-old-boys, the most powerful of which ran a large bank that was seized by the FDIC and is now under FBI investigation for all sorts of misdeeds. Another BoT member/booster owns a casino/dog track in the state. Several AU BoT's/boosters were also on the board of the seized bank.
In the course of the FBI's investigation into improprieties at the bank, their wiretaps recorded several AU BoT members/boosters discussing pay-for-play schemes involving Newton and other members of the recent AU recruiting class, which was remarkably improved over the previous year's lackluster class. Schemes included slot machines rigged to pay out big bucks to AU players, laundering booster money through the casino and into player's hands, secret ATM cards from the bank in question, and funneling money from the university's fundraising arm into the hands of recruits and their families. AU recruiting coordinator Trooper Taylor also heard on wiretap discussing pay-for-play and how much money he needs to wrap up the recruiting class.
AU booster funnels $250k from a non-profit org. to Newton's uncle, who sends it to Cecil. Cecil's church is suddenly repaired. Cecil owns a small trucking company with just a couple drivers. After Cam signs, business picks up to the point where over a dozen drivers are needed.
AU knows they are SOL, but instead of sitting Newton for the rest of the year, they figure they'll try to win a MNC, SEC Champ., and Heisman Trophy and deal with the consequences later. AU's President wanted to sit Cam against UGA but was overruled by AD and boosters. AU was threatened with loss of accreditation (academic equiv. of the death penalty) earlier this decade, but was spared and given probation. The SACS (accrediting body) is not going to spare them this time. So not only is AU looking at a death penalty from the NCAA, they could also very likely become unaccredited as an academic instritution, meaning loss of all federal funds and obviously dismissal from the SEC.
So either AU is in major denial or they've got an amazingly great defense lined up...because not even a national championship is worth losing accreditation. That's a huge list of violations (to be honest, I didn't read it all).
So either AU is in major denial or they've got an amazingly great defense lined up...because not even a national championship is worth losing accreditation. That's a huge list of violations (to be honest, I didn't read it all).
Auburn has lost accreditation over football before. Getting accreditation back is rather easy. Getting a championship is difficult.
Auburn has lost accreditation over football before. Getting accreditation back is rather easy. Getting a championship is difficult.
But doesn't that mean that all the degrees you hand out for that semester are worthless? If I was graduating that semester and then learned my degree was being discredited I'd be furious. Thinking about it, I'd try to sue the school for the $200,000 (or whatever) spent on my education.
I may be off here, maybe employers are not so concerned over accreditation and maybe whoever's in charge of that doesn't discredit the entire University, but that seems like a serious thing to me.