Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default The rooster is crowing boys: Danilo Gallinari thread

All talk about #8 Gallo here! This man deserves his own thread. Talk about recent games, his development, his style or recent news on him.

knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Default Re: The rooster is crowing boys: Danilo Gallinari thread

lol cool but make sure u dudes dont go overboard about a few good games
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

He's playing smarter, that's really the most important factor. Earlier in the season, he was solely focused on deep-shooting his way out of a slump. Now it seems he's always making the right play, attacking the basket, moving the ball, and shooting good shots in rhythm.

He's young, and super talented. He can be a great player.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:58 AM   #4
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
All talk about #8 Gallo here! This man deserves his own thread. Talk about recent games, his development, his style or recent news on him.

You're an even bigger Gallo homer than me!
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

I like Galli too. BUT, he has to become more consistant game to game. No more disappearing in games if his shot isn't falling. He's more capable of dishing and playing better D if it isn't.

For some reason he seems to get under Paul Pierce's skin alot. I like that.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I give up...this is the icing on the cake.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

So you guys make a thread about Gallo, not one about by far our best player, Amar'e Stoudemire?

How come there are so many Gallo fanboys?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
So you guys make a thread about Gallo, not one about by far our best player, Amar'e Stoudemire?

How come there are so many Gallo fanboys?

<---- As my location here suggests, I'm from his home city, so I've been following him since he was very young...
Plus, I have always been a fan of the Knicks, so go figure how I felt when they picked him
Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
<---- As my location here suggests, I'm from his home city, so I've been following him since he was very young...
Plus, I have always been a fan of the Knicks, so go figure how I felt when they picked him

You weren't the one making this thread tho.

It's just that, his play style isn't exactly popular. He isn't fast, not strong or explosive. He isn't flashy or makes any highlight reels.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
All talk about #8 Sprewell here! This man deserves his own thread. Talk about recent games, his development, his style or recent news on him.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
You weren't the one making this thread tho.

It's just that, his play style isn't exactly popular. He isn't fast, not strong or explosive. He isn't flashy or makes any highlight reels.

I know but your question was plural so I felt included

As for the rest, probably Knicks fans are conoisseurs and don't need a flashy style of play to recognize talent
Old 11-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
I know but your question was plural so I felt included

As for the rest, probably Knicks fans are conoisseurs and don't need a flashy style of play to recognize talent

Well that's the point. It's not like Gallinari's potential is through the roof, his talent is limited because of his lack of athleticism. I mean, the chance that this guy will ever be consistent is minimal, he's a streaky shooter. Not to mention he's a horrible rebounder for his size, has the length to be a power forward but decides to take 3's all day and he can't defend shit.

Do you honestly think he'd be seen as a potential superstar in any other system? This system fits Gallinari perfectly, he wouldn't get nearly the amount of playing time he gets right now with a coach who wants to see defense, effort on the boards and uses a halfcourt set (the type of coach I want to see on the Knicks).

Look, I like Gallinari. But the way this kid is being overrated here is f-cked up (seriously, not trading him for Melo ?). I understand you root for him all day since he's from your hometown tho.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Didn't someone here say Gallinari is better than Rudy Gay btw?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #14
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Well that's the point. It's not like Gallinari's potential is through the roof, his talent is limited because of his lack of athleticism. I mean, the chance that this guy will ever be consistent is minimal, he's a streaky shooter. Not to mention he's a horrible rebounder for his size, has the length to be a power forward but decides to take 3's all day and he can't defend shit.

Do you honestly think he'd be seen as a potential superstar in any other system? This system fits Gallinari perfectly, he wouldn't get nearly the amount of playing time he gets right now with a coach who wants to see defense, effort on the boards and uses a halfcourt set (the type of coach I want to see on the Knicks).

Look, I like Gallinari. But the way this kid is being overrated here is f-cked up (seriously, not trading him for Melo ?). I understand you root for him all day since he's from your hometown tho.

Bird wasn't the most athletic guy... (not comparing Gallo to him of course, I'm just saying that you can do without huge hops and strength).

MDA got you guys thinking he's a shooter. Latest games have shown there's more to him than just shooting.

He does have flaws of course (rebounding, post game), he's not perfect

To the question do I think he would be seen as a potential superstar in any other system, my reply is I don't think he's seen as a potential superstar even here. But he surely can reach All-Star level, let's say. And yes, I think other systems would even benefit him, in this one he is asked to stay at the 3p line...

And I'm not the one who doesn't want to trade him for Melo. I would.
But he would be the last one I would give (except STAT of course).

Rudy Gay is better now and probably will be better troughout their whole careers, but it's not like another planet, at least to me.

And look, I don't say such things because I'm his "fanboy", but because I know his play very well.
When he was picked, and thoughout his rookie years injury, everyone was like "Gallo is a bust"; now, for the exact same reasons I rebutted that opinion then, I am rebutting the current opinion that he's just a streaky shooter. I know how he plays.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #15
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Bird wasn't the most athletic guy... (not comparing Gallo to him of course, I'm just saying that you can do without huge hops and strength).

MDA got you guys thinking he's a shooter. Latest games have shown there's more to him than just shooting.

He does have flaws of course (rebounding, post game), he's not perfect

To the question do I think he would be seen as a potential superstar in any other system, my reply is I don't think he's seen as a potential superstar even here. But he surely can reach All-Star level, let's say. And yes, I think other systems would even benefit him, in this one he is asked to stay at the 3p line...

And I'm not the one who doesn't want to trade him for Melo. I would.
But he would be the last one I would give (except STAT of course).

Rudy Gay is better now and probably will be better troughout their whole careers, but it's not like another planet, at least to me.

And look, I don't say such things because I'm his "fanboy", but because I know his play very well.
When he was picked, and thoughout his rookie years injury, everyone was like "Gallo is a bust"; now, for the exact same reasons I rebutted that opinion then, I am rebutting the current opinion that he's just a streaky shooter. I know how he plays.

Good post.

Gallinari's main thing will always be long distance shooting. He doesn't have the dribbling ability or explosiveness to get to the bucket and draw fouls consistently. The way this guy puts it on the deck is just horrible. I hate to see guards grab more rebounds than this kid. Anyone with his size should grab at least 7-8 rebounds (at least he's no Bargnani). If he can somehow get better defensively, rebound the ball better and get somewhat of a postgame I'll definitely be a better supporter of Gallinari. His playing style just doesn't attract me.

He surely isn't a bust tho. He's doing very well for the 6th pick.

And as far as becoming a "Superstar", that's what people must think if they don't want to trade him for Carmelo. Carmelo already is a borderline superstar so why not trade a guy who "might" get there in a few years for him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: