Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Default Should the Cowboys draft Mark Ingram?

We have an opportunity to get the best RB in the draft... and this is probably the direction we should take.

I think we will be able to put some wins together this year and we will probably get the 8th or 9th pick in the draft. I think this is a good spot to draft Ingram who is projected to go in the top 15.

Inram, Bryant, Austin, and Felix Jones for the next five-six years will be great.

Other needs: S, OL, DE, LB
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Default Re: Should the Cowboys draft Mark Ingram?

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt they then have:

Tashard Choice, Felix Jones, Mark Ingram, AND Marion Barber (what ever happened to him?)???

i think they should go after other needs. and their problem isnt that they CANT run the ball, it's that they DONT run the ball

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 11-22-2010 at 05:01 PM.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

There are several players I prefer over Ingram. Give me that Peterson kid out of LSU, Dareus or Fairey. I would love to trade down. We need as many picks as possible to make up for the 09 draft.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Barber is done I think, he will never be the same, he shouldn't have lost that weight to try and get fast, he was never a break away RB...

we do need a RB to replace him but IMO there are like 4 other positions we need worse than RB...

1. Safety (this is the MOST important, our safeties are a joke, infact we need TWO safeties)
2. OT/OG (Leonard Davis is DONE, our line is awful, and that is a huge reason our RBs look so bad)
2. MLB (Brooking will be gone, this team needs a stud MLB BAD)
3. DE/DT (move Ratliff to RE where he is supposed to play and draft a run stuffing DT, OR keep Ratliff there and get a DE worth a shit)

then maybe RB and CB...

I bet Kitna will retire too, so we are gonna need to pick up a QB somewhere also...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

I would love to trade down also...

we need to stock up...we need to sign 2 or 3 stud FAs though too...
Old 11-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

RB in the first round would not be wise for the Cowboys. You have Barber, Jones and Choice already which isn't the worst depth at RB.

Dallas should stay away from drafting a RB/WR early and try to bolster their OL & DL and also make improvements to their secondary.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Unless you're certain Ingram will be a top 5 RB in the league during his career I would go for another position. The leading rusher in the league was undrafted. It's getting pointless to draft a position so high that splits reps with another guy at that position. So unless you're getting an AP or Chris Johnson it'd be smart to go with another position.

This kind of thing is what Tarik One's thread was about a couple months ago where he said the Cowboys go after those "flashy" types of players. You've gotta build the meat and potatoes positions first.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Unless you're certain Ingram will be a top 5 RB in the league during his career I would go for another position. The leading rusher in the league was undrafted. It's getting pointless to draft a position so high that splits reps with another guy at that position. So unless you're getting an AP or Chris Johnson it'd be smart to go with another position.

This kind of thing is what Tarik One's thread was about a couple months ago where he said the Cowboys go after those "flashy" types of players. You've gotta build the meat and potatoes positions first.
but the best RB in the NFL was a top-10 pick...

if I thought Ingram was Peterson I would say "f*ck it"...I also don't think he is a "flashy" pick really...

Barber is garbage now...below average RB...we DO need a RB, but I agree there are several other positions that we need first...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
but the best RB in the NFL was a top-10 pick...

if I thought Ingram was Peterson I would say "f*ck it"...I also don't think he is a "flashy" pick really...

Barber is garbage now...below average RB...we DO need a RB, but I agree there are several other positions that we need first...
And how often does an AP or Chris Johnson type come along? Once a draft if we're lucky? How many RB's in the league do we have averaging 20+ touches a game?

He's a flashy pick because he's a Heisman trophy winner at a skill position. "Flashy" isn't really referring to style. They need to make a Maurkice Pouncey sort of pick, a guy picked late first round who the casual fan doesn't know but instantly became one of the top players at his position. A player of his caliber may be asking much but the game has always and always will be won at the line, so I would start there if I were the Boys. Get a big boy next to Gurode to move guys around for Garett's draw plays (if he's still around).
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #10
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
And how often does an AP or Chris Johnson type come along? Once a draft if we're lucky? How many RB's in the league do we have averaging 20+ touches a game?

He's a flashy pick because he's a Heisman trophy winner at a skill position. "Flashy" isn't really referring to style. They need to make a Maurkice Pouncey sort of pick, a guy picked late first round who the casual fan doesn't know but instantly became one of the top players at his position. A player of his caliber may be asking much but the game has always and always will be won at the line, so I would start there if I were the Boys.
I agree completely...

yeah there are no Petersons in this draft...at least not that are as obvious as Peterson was of being a stud in the league...

and yeah, I suppose as a pick it is "flashy"...the image that Dallas just goes after flash is false though...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Well, since they pass the ball 60 times a game already they should just draft AJ Green. Austin/Dez/Roy/Green/Witten. Tell me who can stop that. besides that shithole offensive line. Prime, this coment was not serious so please do not take it as serious.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Thought Felix Jones was the future.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Thought Felix Jones was the future.
Primetime knows what the future of the RB position is, just check his avy.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Dallas fans talkin about RB when that secondary is butt cheeks? Funny.

Quote:
Primetime knows what the future of the RB position is, just check his avy.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

I am not ready to give up on Felix but that 15 lbs muscle he added clearly affected his speed/agility

also, Felix can't pass protect at all, one thing that Barber is great at...I'll give Barber that
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: