Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default At 37, Terrell Owens on pace for 100/1450/13

100 catches
1400+ yards
13 touchdowns

And the man turns 37 in about 2 weeks. It's really amazing what this guy is doing at his age and it's a true reflection of the work that he puts into his body. Jerry Rice was praised for his conditioning that led him to play late into his career and Owens should be receiving that same treatment. Others who came into the league at the same time such as...

Keyshawn Johnson
Marvin Harrison
Eric Moulds
Amani Toomer

...are long gone. Guys who came into the league after him like Torry Holt, Derrick Mason and Hines Ward are either out of the league or well out of their prime. He's having a much better season at this age then Jerry Rice did at the same age.

And I ask...will TO still struggle to find a home this coming offseason despite what he has proven he's still capable of?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: At 37, Terrell Owens on pace for 100/1450/13

and his team is still terrible
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
undertaker21
Serious playground baller

undertaker21 has decent reputationundertaker21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
and his team is still terrible
And that's his fault?
undertaker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He can't have too much more left in him. But, why not (as long as it's not a lot of money)? Galloway is 39 and he's still playing.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
He's having a much better season at this age then Jerry Rice did at the same age.

Rice put up 92 catches, 1,211 yards and 7 TDs at the age of 40.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker21
And that's his fault?
partly.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
partly.

Oh yeah? He's doing his job better than anyone else is doing their job on that team. What's he supposed to do? Play both sides and special teams? Maybe some quarterback? Stand in the backfield and run block?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Oh yeah? He's doing his job better than anyone else is doing their job on that team. What's he supposed to do? Play both sides and special teams? Maybe some quarterback? Stand in the backfield and run block?
yes
Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Owens is one of the most physically gifted athletes I have ever seen in ANY SPORT...

In fact I would be shocked at all to hear he is on roids....the guy can break both his legs and be back on the field in 4 weeks...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Owens is one of the most physically gifted athletes I have ever seen in ANY SPORT...

In fact I would be shocked at all to hear he is on roids....the guy can break both his legs and be back on the field in 4 weeks...
yeah, hes undoubtedly on all sorts of supplements to achieve that. Dude is a freak no doubt
Old 11-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

TO along with Vick, Jim Brown and Kobe are three of my favorite athletes ever. The way they just shrug of the haters and the fact they are kind of lone wolf personalities within the structure of team sport is inspiring to me. It's like when I'm playing COD and I knife my own teammate cause I'm out of bullets.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
TO along with Vick, Jim Brown and Kobe are three of my favorite athletes ever. The way they just shrug of the haters and the fact they are kind of lone wolf personalities within the structure of team sport is inspiring to me. It's like when I'm playing COD and I knife my own teammate cause I'm out of bullets.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Terrell Owens indeed has put up big numbers, but as a Bengals fan who hasn't missed a single play all season, it's not quite the "bed of roses" people are making it out to be.

There have been numerous times where he hasn't given full effort, and against Indy, sulked and walked back to the line of scrimmage in OT when we needed to hurry and get a play off.

There is some awful chemistry on this team. Chad and T.O simply CANNOT be productive together. That experiment has backfired. Not to mention, Bob Bratkowski (our offensive coordinator) doesn't have the creativity to fully utilize T.O, keep Chad involved, get Shipley/Gresham going, and keep Benson happy with carries.

To T.O's credit, though, he's kept his mouth shut. He recently voiced his displeasure for how the team was playing, but he wasn't throwing anyone under the bus.

It's been a produtive, but odd year. To a certain extent, he plays moreso for the name on the back of his jersey, as I legitimately think he's in Carson's head a bit (Palmer has his own set of problems). As a result, T.O. is beign force fed the ball.

It's been a mixed bag, but despite the problems I listed, he's VERY far down on the list of reasons why we suck.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Terrell Owens indeed has put up big numbers, but as a Bengals fan who hasn't missed a single play all season, it's not quite the "bed of roses" people are making it out to be.

There have been numerous times where he hasn't given full effort, and against Indy, sulked and walked back to the line of scrimmage in OT when we needed to hurry and get a play off.

There is some awful chemistry on this team. Chad and T.O simply CANNOT be productive together. That experiment has backfired. Not to mention, Bob Bratkowski (our offensive coordinator) doesn't have the creativity to fully utilize T.O, keep Chad involved, get Shipley/Gresham going, and keep Benson happy with carries.

To T.O's credit, though, he's kept his mouth shut. He recently voiced his displeasure for how the team was playing, but he wasn't throwing anyone under the bus.

It's been a produtive, but odd year. To a certain extent, he plays moreso for the name on the back of his jersey, as I legitimately think he's in Carson's head a bit (Palmer has his own set of problems). As a result, T.O. is beign force fed the ball.

It's been a mixed bag, but despite the problems I listed, he's VERY far down on the list of reasons why we suck.
sounds like the same criticism he got in Dallas...and Philly...

some might be true but I bet a lot of that is what people have in there head regardless...if he catches a pass then it is because he is forcing the QB to, if he talks to the media he is a distraction, ect...a lot of it is just media drivin BS for sure...

he is still an amazing athletic marvel...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: