Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default allen ray is severly underrated

every mock draft i see allen ray is a mid second rounder. whoever gets this guy is goin to be a very happy team. he was one of the best shooters in the nation. with his ability he should be a first rounder.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:39 AM   #2
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker is considered somewhat coolAussie Dunker is considered somewhat cool

mahn your so rite, on one of the mock drafts i saw him at number 60! going to my pistons, i was shocked, i thought this cat would be a top 20 pick, i watched a lot of his games, he can straight out shoot from anywhere, and he is so solidon defense, he SHOULD be a first rounder for sure...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 AM   #3
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

HoustonRockets87 has an OK reputation so far

the only thing hurting him is his height and the fact that he's a sg.
HoustonRockets87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #4
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

6'2'' SG. But i would love to see the Cavs get him.

With Hughes and LeBron there is no real need for a Point.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #5
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

i dont see how hes not in the first round in these mock drafts, one of novas best players, wasnt for him they wouldent of made it that far
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
chuclebuny5
I Hit Open Layups

chuclebuny5 has an OK reputation so far

people think he is too small to play 2-guard at 6'2", but he has a 6'8.5" wingspan and his reach is 8'3.5", 2" more that redicks. He could be a great steal in round 2
chuclebuny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

ThaKing has an OK reputation so far

I agree with Ray being underrated. At 6-2 he does appear to be too small to play the 2 in the NBA. I am not real familiar with his skill set, but can he not play the point? I think if someone takes a chance on him and he learns to play the point,he could be a good player in the league.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #8
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Ray Allen is at least 6'4 did you see how little he made Denzell look in he got game.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #9
yeahwhathesaid
I brick open layups

yeahwhathesaid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
Ray Allen is at least 6'4 did you see how little he made Denzell look in he got game.

yeahwhathesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ray played a lot of PF for Nova believe it or not. On a team that was way undersized, but still managed to outplay a huge UConn team loaded with potential NBA frontcourt guys.

Teams may see a little Shaun Respert in him, but it would be unfair to hold Respert's health related failures against Allen Ray. Wade was also considered too small for the 2, and had his wingspan overlooked (not jumping to any sort of conclusions).
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #11
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

man, i think your confusing Ray with Foye. Ray is strictly a 2. Foye was the one guarding the 4's when nova went to the 4 guard sets.

Ray is definitely a lights out shooter and can put the ball on the floor a little, but for some reason came up small 2 years in a row when nova really needed him. I think high second round is fair for an undersized 2.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Ray played a lot of PF for Nova believe it or not. On a team that was way undersized, but still managed to outplay a huge UConn team loaded with potential NBA frontcourt guys.

Teams may see a little Shaun Respert in him, but it would be unfair to hold Respert's health related failures against Allen Ray. Wade was also considered too small for the 2, and had his wingspan overlooked (not jumping to any sort of conclusions).

Ya that was Foye being the 4th guard. I agree that Ray is an undersized 2 that can stroke it but his value should be in the late first.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Ray is good but wayyyy to inconsistent. If his jumper isn't falling, he's pretty much out of the game. He has good reach and can play good defense, but he's not a first rounder in this draft.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #14
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default allen ray

pure shooting 2-guards are really not that useful in today's game. I mean, look at the teams that have won championship in the past 6 years. Miami Heat, Spurs, Pistons, and Lakers. So, we are looking at D-Wade, Ginobili, Rip Hamilton (perhaps ray could become this type of player but I doubt it) and Kobe Bryant.

The new 2-guard is a slasher with a killer mid-range jumper. If you are a pure shooter in this league, expect to be riding the bench for many years, and not really contributing that much to your team. And, you might argue that Allan Ray could be the next rip hamilton, except rip is 5" taller than him, and is the most fit player in the league. so, i really don't think he has much to offer.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #15
DonBoston

Default Alan Ray

Daughter went to Nova saw Ray play for four years. Good college player but not very athletic basically a jump shooter. Not nearly the athlete Randy Foye is.

He will earn a living playing pro basketball but it will probably be in Europe.

NBA 11th or 12th player at best !!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: