Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
GilZero
I hit open 5-footers

GilZero is considered somewhat coolGilZero is considered somewhat cool
Default Elton Brand is a punk

Can't he just retire already? Though it is fun to watch him embarrass himself, ***** move on McGee and getting himself dunked on anyway

Dude is just cashing in on that baaad contract of his right now, he's not even trying to be productive. I will give him some credit, making Philly waste that money, but c'mon son, atleast try

Last edited by GilZero : 11-24-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: spelling
GilZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Elton Brand is a punk

Dude ... not productive? He had a stretch of vintage Elton Brand type games just a few games ago.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brand is having a good year, better than most expected.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 AM   #4
GilZero
I hit open 5-footers

Because a couple of games this year makes up for last season? Nah. He will go back to just walking around soon, don't let a game or two fool you.

Call me back if he's still playing remotely good around the all star break, then I'll reconsider.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilZero
Because a couple of games this year makes up for last season? Nah.
Yes, cause we're not even that many games into the season. We're barely almost at a month into the season.

Elton Brand has been playing pretty well actually
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i agree with op. he's putting up decent numbers again, but he doesn't give a **** about the team, and is not helping them get wins. for how much he is getting paid, he should be leading this team.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
GilZero
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i agree with op. he's putting up decent numbers again, but he doesn't give a **** about the team, and is not helping them get wins. for how much he is getting paid, he should be leading this team.

Exactly. People confuse stats with effort and level of play in general.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
for how much he is getting paid, he should be leading this team.

- Hi. Can you swim accross the river now?
- No. I can't swim.
- And if I pay you a lot?
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
shootingcomets
I eat trolls

shootingcomets is considered somewhat coolshootingcomets is considered somewhat cool

the makeup of the team is crap... no solid defenders. brand is not the player he once was, what do you expect him to do? 20-10 every single game?
shootingcomets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #10
GilZero
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingcomets
the makeup of the team is crap... no solid defenders. brand is not the player he once was, what do you expect him to do? 20-10 every single game?

I expect him not to commit stupid, blatant frustration fouls. If he can't dominate anymore he should not try to force things, nor completely give up. He needs to redefine his game to where he is at right now.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #11
GilZero
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
- Hi. Can you swim accross the river now?
- No. I can't swim.
- And if I pay you a lot?

Some people don't get it, do they.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #12
nbacardDOTnet
Ubuntu !! V18 !!

nbacardDOTnet has an OK reputation so far

nbacardDOTnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
game3524
Local High School Star

game3524 has an OK reputation so far

The Sixers problem is they have a bunch of quality role players, but no legit superstar. The talent isn't all that bad actually, if only they had a franchise level player.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #14
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by game3524
The Sixers problem is they have a bunch of quality role players, but no legit superstar. The talent isn't all that bad actually, if only they had a franchise level player.

yeah just give them a superstar. no big deal.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The foul was payback for what they did to Jrue Holiday. Thats basketball. you got all butt hurt over that play? What are you Mcgees mother? Sister?

Also Elton Brand is producing to the best of his abilities. He'll never earn the contract even if he was the Elton Brand when he played for the Clippers. Its pretty obvious he isnt a franchise caliber player and as far as a leader? Thats not his bag either. So why do fans harp on these things? When was Brand signed to be a franchise player leading the Sixers to wins? He's never been that kind of player. He gives you what he gives you and that is solid, consistent production.

What next? Next year you guys are going to say Brand can get you 18 & 8 but it doesnt translate into wins?

Sorry Brand burnt the Clippers and chased the money (Haslem should have but notice no fans are giving him parades for taking less).

Sorry he gave Mcgee a hard foul when he was just returning the favor which is what they do in sports.

Sorry Brand production doesnt effect the wins on a young and inexperienced team.

Sorry Brand was never a franchise player to begin with.

Sorry he is overpaid the day he signed the deal until it expires.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: