Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here
Default Derek Anderson is angry..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...e=HP_headlines

What a douchebag, he's just pissed off that he's one of the worst if not the worst starting QB in the league.

For those that don't know, the camera's caught Anderson and Deuce Lutui laughing together on the bench when they were getting hammered by the 49ers..

I know this isn't ground breaking news, just thought it was funny.

Last edited by takeittothehoop : 11-30-2010 at 05:33 AM.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Derek Anderson is angry..

For someone who pours all his "heart and soul" into football, he sure does suck.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This kind of stuff is part of the reason McNabb never was fully accepted in Philly. We'd be down 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, McNabb throws it into the dirt aiming for a wide open receiver on 3rd and long, then smiles and laughs as he taps his chest like "my bad." No shit McNabb! We all know it was your bad we just watched it now stop smiling you jackass. Only difference is McNabb would've been classy in the post game interview.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

They're covering this on First Take right now and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of sports pundits reacting like this. It's just over analyzing every single moment of a game because they have the footage. Was there another moment either before or after where Anderson was legitimately pissed off? Do people expect players to constantly be pissed off or depressed every moment of a game they're getting blown out or beaten (is that even emotionally healthy)? It's kind of bothersome that this is an actual topic of discussion either directly after the game at the post game press conference or 8 hours later.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Fans act like the guys are supposed to be screw faced the whole game...

These guys are human beings and it is actually a game... most players work hard to be as good as they are and it gets tiresome to hear fans whining about a guy who doesnt look mad enough or doesnt get in people's faces enough...

That stuff doesnt win games... Some fans would be more comfortable with an emotional loser than a laid back winner...

people take these games too seriously sometimes
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, that reporter should have just dropped it. I know the Cardinals suck and they were getting their tails kicked last night, but this is ridiculous. They catch Andersno smiling or laughing once on teh sideline and make a mountain out of a molehill. Some people are acting like athletes should never smile as long as their team is losing.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It would have been swept under the rug if Anderson didn't get so embarrassed about being caught and put on the "I put my heart into this!" act. He could have just put it aside, regardless of how the reporter was pushing it, but couldn't keep any class. It isn't like we've never seen Anderson act childish before.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I don't think that incident was an issue as long as both players are giving 100% on the field, but it's not outrageous to simply ask for some clarification. Derek Anderson's making $6.45 million (?) this year...just suck it up and answer the damn question, regardless of how silly it is. He is far from beyond reproach the way him and his team have performed this year.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I don't think that incident was an issue as long as both players are giving 100% on the field, but it's not outrageous to simply ask for some clarification. Derek Anderson's making $6.45 million (?) this year...just suck it up and answer the damn question, regardless of how silly it is. He is far from beyond reproach the way him and his team have performed this year.

Valid point, and I think the reporter asked a valid question.

I've been in some horrible situations where someone made it funny for a minute. "Hey, how's your day going?" from a teammate experiencing the same awful day as me might get a pretty good smile. Just so happens Anderson got caught on tape.

Had he simply said "I asked Deuce how it was going, and he said "pretty ****ing great"...andf I smiled" most reasonable people would understand.

On the other hand, we tend to focus on one number...how much $$$ they make...without looking at the other: How old are they? Anderson is 27, I think. Sure, he's been brought up around mics and pressers, but ask yourself how you'd have handled the same situation at 27. I might have punched the reporter.

They're human. They screw up, just as they always have. It's just that every second of every action is caught on one of a million camera angles and broadcast out to billions of people around the world. I'm glad my miscues in life haven't been.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would have said something like: "We were talking about how fun it was last night with yo mama."

Not played the "I'm a tough guy who loves this shit" routine. Because if you're out there playing like you are that doesn't fly. It is stupid to say that these players shouldn't be laughing because it's just a game. But don't come up to the mic and then say nothing's funny to you. That was just retarded.
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

here it is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jErsW...ature=youtu.be
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #12
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Is his apology, which he handled very well, like a man, in person, not through some spokesman, on youtube?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I would have said something like: "We were talking about how fun it was last night with yo mama."

Not played the "I'm a tough guy who loves this shit" routine. Because if you're out there playing like you are that doesn't fly. It is stupid to say that these players shouldn't be laughing because it's just a game. But don't come up to the mic and then say nothing's funny to you. That was just retarded.
You know the problem with this line of logic is though, you're assuming that Anderson even remembers the point of the game the reporter was talking about. Are we sure that he even saw the video in question? He clearly didn't remember laughing about anything (and even video stretches the definition of "laughing").

The other problem I have is that Anderson did answer the reporter's question. When Anderson responded with "what (whatever the o-linemen's name is) and I talk about is our business" he answered the question. It obviously wasn't to the liking of the reporter (and the public, I suppose), but it is an answer. The reporter preceded to ask the question three or four more times to the point of badgering. At that point the line of questioning should stop because the only thing it can devolve in to is exactly what happened.

Anderson overreacted, no doubt, but I feel more justified in taking his side of things than I do the reporter's.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I really feel bad for Fitzgerald. He needs to go to the Bears next season to save his career.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #15
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't understand why this is such a hot topic. He smiled, a reporter asked him a stupid question, he got upset and now it's all over the media. Is this really worth more than 15 secs of coverage?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: