Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation
Default What can we do?

I'm really forgetting about making the playoffs this season.
Even if we do make the playoffs, we will too likely be swept again by either Orlando, Boston, or Miami. And we lose another 1st round pick because we traded it for TT.

I'd say the only way to "survive", is to pack Wallace and Jackson with Diop and Carroll for some salary relief, if ever possible.

I guess it all started with poor drafting, and then some bad trades.

And I'm starting to believe a lockout can actually save us in the long run...

BTW, here's a fun idea. Hire Don Nelson as "head assistant coach."
See if we can have the best defense and the best offense. Too bad no video game allows me to do that.

Last edited by acidbasesalt : 12-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What can we do?

I think it's a little too early to jump ship right now. LB's team's ALWAYS start slow. The only reason we made the playoffs last year was because we got hot around February and started winning 90% of our games. This is essentially that same group. It just takes time. You also have to remember, we were one of the few Eastern Conferences teams that didn't really improve that much in the offseason.

Plus, being 5-6 games below .500 is where we normally are. It's not like the season's a wash yet.

Last edited by Timmeh : 12-05-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I think it's a little too early to jump ship right now. LB's team's ALWAYS start slow. The only reason we made the playoffs last year was because we got hot around February and started winning 90% of our games. This is essentially that same group. It just takes time. You also have to remember, we were one of the few Eastern Conferences teams that didn't really improve that much in the offseason.

Plus, being 5-6 games below .500 is where we normally are. It's not like the season's a wash yet.

But Timmeh, I bet that most of us expected our guys to begin the season on a high--a carryover from the energy we had that took us to the playoffs. So why would we be understanding of our team for taking such a huge step backwards and starting the season as we did for all those seasons where we were still 'practicing'? There must be some reason that LBs teams always start their seasons in the trash pits and I don't think it's good for the Cats.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

the sad thing is that we're only a game out of the 8th seed
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
the sad thing is that we're only a game out of the 8th seed

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...r-bobcats.html

Bonnell's recent interviews: Jack and Crash throw DJ under the bus.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...r-bobcats.html Bonnell's recent interviews: Jack and Crash throw DJ under the bus.

What a horrible thing for Jack and Crash to do, to humiliate DJ after he's worked so damned hard so far this season. (I refuse to read the article). Well, Jack and Crash can go to hell. I hope they get what they've set up--a morale problem like no other. I hope that LB can punish them in some way and demand an apology. And I hope DJ demands to be traded. New York is looking for a PG to back up Felton. How about DJ. Again? Hahahahahahahahaha. Wouldn't that be a gas!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
What a horrible thing for Jack and Crash to do, to humiliate DJ after he's worked so damned hard so far this season. (I refuse to read the article). Well, Jack and Crash can go to hell. I hope they get what they've set up--a morale problem like no other. I hope that LB can punish them in some way and demand an apology. And I hope DJ demands to be traded. New York is looking for a PG to back up Felton. How about DJ. Again? Hahahahahahahahaha. Wouldn't that be a gas!

Blaming one person doesn't seem right at any time.

However I wouldn't mind them blaming Diop and Carroll squandering this team's payroll.

It doesn't make sense at all paying 10 million dollars for 2 players who take turn to be on the inactive list. Not at all.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Makes more sense to me to look at those folks who are responsible for the decision-making that turned last year's team into this year's team.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #10
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

I've been thinking about this lately.

Our current frustration is no one's fault, but rather because of unfit on-court strategy.

LB pushes for D, D, and DDDDD. However, he just doesn't have the right players for DDDDD. No more Tyson, no more Ratliff, no more Felton. Jax is 32, and can have trouble guarding athletic guards.

Perhaps more offense and less defense?

Watching Tyson and Felton playing so well really makes me wonder what really went wrong. It might be just LB demands too much and don't let the players be who they are. I mean Augustin can't be a good defender or floor general no matter what, and should be a jump shooter and driver. Forcing Augustin to play good defense is the same as feeding cows flesh. They die.

I think LB should focus more on offense, offense, and offense.
There's no way we can be as good as last year on defense, not with our current roster. But I definitely think we can score more this year, just by pushing the tempo and set up more plays for 3s and midrange jumpers. The lack of use of 3s and slow tempo really hurts our point total, even with a high shooting %. I think we lost a couple of games shooting above 50% but less FG attempts and not enough free throw ended up us losing.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
I think we lost a couple of games shooting above 50% but less FG attempts and not enough free throw ended up us losing.

Good point. We shot 55% against the Pistons and still lost.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

this team really doesn't look the same as it did last year. i knew things would be tough with DJ running the point for the first time, but from what i've seen, he really hasn't been doing too badly besides getting burned on defense every other possession

crash hasn't been playing up to par this season, and jack's defense has been really bad. if we wanna make the playoffs (or even finish above .500), the defense really needs to step up.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: