Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default NBA 2k11 Challenge Only The Best

Challenge

Using a 7"5 Athletic Center

Score 36+ Points 80% Shooting
Rebound 24+
Assists 7+
Steals 2+
Blocks 11+
Turnovers < 3

In the first My Player Draft Combine Game. With 5 minute rounds
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA 2k11 Challenge Only The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Skillz
Challenge

Using a 7"5 Athletic Center

Score 36+ Points 80% Shooting
Rebound 24+
Assists 7+
Steals 2+
Blocks 11+
Turnovers < 3

In the first My Player Draft Combine Game. With 5 minute rounds

damn what is your draft stock now?
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

round?

Also, up the difficulty.

And wrong forum.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Round 7

The difficulty was whatever the game started as
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you playing with the new patch where you have to run plays?

Either way, thats soft. Try being an all around small forward. Always having to inbound the ball and stand in the corner. Not to mention you can't get 99 in a lot of things and you start off low in everything.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
N0Skillz
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit

Either way, thats soft. Try being an all around small forward. Always having to inbound the ball and stand in the corner. Not to mention you can't get 99 in a lot of things and you start off low in everything.

Have you seen the stats on a Athletic Center? Go try it, im talking about the first game you play in the game it was majorly beasty xD
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Homie are you playing with the new patch or not?!?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #8
N0Skillz
Master

Quote:
Homie are you playing with the new patch or not?!?

No, I've heard it makes My player horrible and thats my favorite part of the game.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stupid cheesers.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #10
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
Also, up the difficulty.

Exactly. I hear people bragging about the absurd statlines they're putting up in NBA2k11 associations and My Player.... but they're playing on Rookie.

Personally, I play the difficultly where i lose the majority of the time, and work my way up. Scoring 40+, grabbing 20+ boards, and all that jazz is straight-up worthless unless you're playing on a harder difficulty.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:12 AM   #11
v-unit
NBA All-star

You will average 12 ppg in the new patch
Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You will average 12 ppg in the new patch

How is the new patch??? I hear it totally f*cks the My Player mode.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 AM   #13
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
How is the new patch??? I hear it totally f*cks the My Player mode.

I hated it when it came out to the point that I almost dropped the mode all together. One of my friends already did that. With that said, in the end I feel it's better. The basics:

-Athleticism is slightly reduced (I had like a 65 dunk and I was doing and-1's -easy)
-Apparently they adjusted shot releases, I didn't notice.
-You have to run plays
--Gives you a circle you need to stand on, arrows telling you where you have to go, places to set screens; you are not penalized for not following the play. Biggest issue is you can't just press A and get the ball anymore. They hardly just pass it up unless you earn it.
-Passing is harder; if you have bad hands you could easily drop the catch. Also, if your passing is low then you could easily toss it out of bounds or completely away from your target. Don't even attempt passing out of a shot, automatic turnover.

This is all I could think of at the moment, it gets annoying but in the end, it's realistic. No one just shouts for the ball and gets it unless they are looked down on by the team. If you do bad, they run plays against you where you don't get the ball. Your stats will dip if your used to the older style, but you will eventually bring it back up. I averaged 37 PPG, dropped down to probably 25 PPG but now I'm steady at 31 PPG so yeah, you just figure out the system. I like it more now, makes the older one seem like an arcade
Old 12-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #14
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

ohhh, that's why plays always show up now. i was wondering.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #15
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think the patch made it significantly better. running plays forces you to play within the offense rather than just demanding the ball and making your move every time.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: