Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Electrical eel kills an alligator..

well technically they kill each other, damn the alligator gets electrocuted hardcore

http://mediatakeout.com/45359/animal...ctric_eel.html
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Electrical eel kills an alligator..

Apparently an electric eel is no joke.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How much electricity does that thing pack? A larger gator would have died or been seriously injured? Kind of a weak video. Redneck eats both. Win win for him.

*whistles*

Also why do I feel this was staged? Seemed like the recorder may have put the electric eel there. How? Dont know. But you just happen to stumble across this? Eh, maybe that was possible and you just so happen to have your recorder.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How much electricity does that thing pack?

I had to check that out myself...

The electric eel generates its characteristic electrical pulse in a manner similar to a battery, in which stacked plates produce an electrical charge. In the electric eel, some 5,000 to 6,000 stacked electroplaques are capable of producing a shock at up to 500 volts and 1 ampere of current (500 watts). Such a shock could be deadly for an adult human. (Electrocution death is due to current flow; the level of current that is fatal in humans is roughly 0.75A.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_eel
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

can kill a person with relative ease, would probably put down anything under 300 lbs and probably knock out a 500+ lb gator for a while
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Also why do I feel this was staged? Seemed like the recorder may have put the electric eel there. How? Dont know. But you just happen to stumble across this? Eh, maybe that was possible and you just so happen to have your recorder.

I highly doubt it. I'm not even sure how you could stage something like that. The gator was probably sitting there still for a while before the eel was even close. The guy probably saw the eel getting closer and closer and figured there was about to be a show.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn that thing packs a shock. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
I highly doubt it. I'm not even sure how you could stage something like that. The gator was probably sitting there still for a while before the eel was even close. The guy probably saw the eel getting closer and closer and figured there was about to be a show.

Yeah I looked up elec eels habitats. Not out the ordinary to be in those areas. Just a weird encounter like that.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Damn that thing packs a shock. Wow.

Yeah I looked up elec eels habitats. Not out the ordinary to be in those areas. Just a weird encounter like that.
is this for real? didn't you see it was on a line? guy caught eel the traditional way and then eel itself became the bait. it was win win situation, like somebody said earlier.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just got back from my Animal Physiology class like six hours ago. Professor just mentioned how most electric wires in your house average about 120, and a f*cked up circuit could killl a healthy young man.

Electric Eel can deliver 500 volts, so substantially higher,.. and uhh if you're standing next to it, in water, a conductor of electricty..then yeah. They're blind as f*ck tho, but that shit dont matter compare to the lateral line stream.

These guys are just incredible, they're capable of growing enormous lengths, and they can sustain hypoxic (low oxygen) conditions in water for extremely extended periods of time. Not to mention Jack Johnson used to eat these badboys to increase his legendary libido.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
is this for real? didn't you see it was on a line? guy caught eel the traditional way and then eel itself became the bait. it was win win situation, like somebody said earlier.

I couldnt really tell. It did look like the eel was struggling. I couldnt figure it out. Dont feel like watching the video again but if you saw it hooked then my gut instinct was spot on. Staged. Boooo, weak on the guys part but eh he got 2 kills and a video. Do people eat elec eels tho? Why would you catch one? I wouldnt eat it.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I couldnt really tell. It did look like the eel was struggling. I couldnt figure it out. Dont feel like watching the video again but if you saw it hooked then my gut instinct was spot on. Staged. Boooo, weak on the guys part but eh he got 2 kills and a video. Do people eat elec eels tho? Why would you catch one? I wouldnt eat it.

have you ever fished? sometime you catch what you don't want to. he probably caught it and said **** i don't want to touch it (what i do when i catch disgusting catfish). then the gator came swimming up and he said let me see what happens...
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

DRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation hereDRoseOwnsACamry has an incredible reputation here

WSHH finds the weirdest shit
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
have you ever fished? sometime you catch what you don't want to. he probably caught it and said **** i don't want to touch it (what i do when i catch disgusting catfish). then the gator came swimming up and he said let me see what happens...

Nah I've never fished or hunted in my life.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #14
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Nah I've never fished or hunted in my life.

not sure if srs? but if you haven't i suggest you go shits mad fun. if your by the delaware river in march/april you can catch big ass stripers in there its so much fun.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...xcitable -Eel
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: