Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 12-02-2006, 01:57 AM   #1
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Cap Situation

so i ws just looking at some teams cap situation and you guys are screwed...even if you got rid of garnett you still have alot of guys with semi big contracts for awhile...i think there is no way you trade garnett
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
so i ws just looking at some teams cap situation and you guys are screwed...even if you got rid of garnett you still have alot of guys with semi big contracts for awhile...i think there is no way you trade garnett

Heck yeah!! We are so screwed. But there are options on the table. And with good management, we should be able to swing something. It is hard to say if we will lose KG or not, I hope not. But if we do, I hope he goes to the Lakers!!!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Heck yeah!! We are so screwed. But there are options on the table. And with good management, we should be able to swing something. It is hard to say if we will lose KG or not, I hope not. But if we do, I hope he goes to the Lakers!!!!

Ugh, why?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
sodapop
Decent playground baller

sodapop has an OK reputation so far

I've been watching KG since his rookie year and since Spree & Sam departed from the team, KG is not playing as hard as he used to. He's looking troubled and unhappy with the T-Wolves. The T-Wolves look like a old school Clippers team, a waste basket for unwanted players. Keep in mind, I love the T-Wolves- It's time to clean house, let KG go to a team where he can win a ring and start the Wolves over with a fresh new start. This Wolves team now will not make it to the playoffs, period. KG trade? Trade KG to the Lakers? I'm not a Lakers fan, however, if KG was traded to the Lakers, he would have a better chance to win a ring- depending on the relations between Kobe & KG. Well, after a slight pause, I'm not so sure about Kobe & KG on the same team would be healthy. Maybe for two seasons until Kobe starts kickin' & screaming to Phil about KG. Otherwords, too much ego for a nice guy like KG. I can see KG doing well with Flip in Detroit rather than playing with Phil in L.A.. Flip knows KG and I bet he could use KG in Detroit. Secondly, I can see KG doing well in Miami- Miami is my #1 choice for KG. KG in Miami would be the start of the best team in NBA's history. Miami need another player who can rebound, protect the paint and block shots. I put my vote with KG trade to Miami. Pipe tream, maybe? However, it's a good dream to have. Who knows, my dream might come true.....
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop
I've been watching KG since his rookie year and since Spree & Sam departed from the team, KG is not playing as hard as he used to. He's looking troubled and unhappy with the T-Wolves. The T-Wolves look like a old school Clippers team, a waste basket for unwanted players. Keep in mind, I love the T-Wolves- It's time to clean house, let KG go to a team where he can win a ring and start the Wolves over with a fresh new start. This Wolves team now will not make it to the playoffs, period. KG trade? Trade KG to the Lakers? I'm not a Lakers fan, however, if KG was traded to the Lakers, he would have a better chance to win a ring- depending on the relations between Kobe & KG. Well, after a slight pause, I'm not so sure about Kobe & KG on the same team would be healthy. Maybe for two seasons until Kobe starts kickin' & screaming to Phil about KG. Otherwords, too much ego for a nice guy like KG. I can see KG doing well with Flip in Detroit rather than playing with Phil in L.A.. Flip knows KG and I bet he could use KG in Detroit. Secondly, I can see KG doing well in Miami- Miami is my #1 choice for KG. KG in Miami would be the start of the best team in NBA's history. Miami need another player who can rebound, protect the paint and block shots. I put my vote with KG trade to Miami. Pipe tream, maybe? However, it's a good dream to have. Who knows, my dream might come true.....
Kobe and KG would equal rings for about 3 years depending on how long KG's dominance lasts and I'm guessing for at least 3. Kobe and KG would be unstoppable, they both have great passing ability, leadership, shooting, and if you could somehow keep Odom. It would be a nasty demonstration of talent and I think KG would have a more positive effect on Odom than Kobe has. Odom would be playing a lot harder and a lot better with KG on the team. Kobe would have to bow down to KG though obviously, KG is the veteran and if Kobe has a problem with that then the team just won't work.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 AM   #6
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Ugh, why?

Why? KG and Kobe have stated in the past that they would not mind being on the same team one day. With the addition of KG on the Lakers, this would help, IMO, the most complete player (Kobe) in the game get 2-3 more rings. This would help KG get some more hardware and KG deserves a shot at an NBA title.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #7
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Kobe and KG would equal rings for about 3 years depending on how long KG's dominance lasts and I'm guessing for at least 3. Kobe and KG would be unstoppable, they both have great passing ability, leadership, shooting, and if you could somehow keep Odom. It would be a nasty demonstration of talent and I think KG would have a more positive effect on Odom than Kobe has. Odom would be playing a lot harder and a lot better with KG on the team. Kobe would have to bow down to KG though obviously, KG is the veteran and if Kobe has a problem with that then the team just won't work.

Bow down? I don't know about all that. But I know that KG and Kobe could co-exist and make the Lakers the dominate force that they were in the 80s and latter part of the 90s, they are that good.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
sodapop
Decent playground baller

sodapop has an OK reputation so far

If Minnesota can't get Odom and a few other picks for KG, the Wolves would not trade KG to L.A.. Yes, if K.G., Odom playing both foward positions and Kobe at point, the Lakers would be a hard team to beat- however, not sure if they could win 1 or more championships. Maybe conference champs? Keep in mind, Pheonix Suns, Dallas Mavs, Sacramento Kings, Utah Jazz, San Antonio Spurs, L.A. Clippers are playing fantastic basketball and they're becoming stronger by time. The Lakers would need more than KG to make it possible for another run to bring back the championship dynasty they had when Shaq was in L.A.. I don't think there's no way a team would trade there star player for a few small players without Odom part of the deal. I've checked out the Lakers roster last night and I've noticed Odom is the only player worth trading to Minnesota- add a few rookies. However, Minnesota need vet players and Miami have more to offer than the Lakers. Alonzo Mourning might retire after this year and that'll give Miami room to pick up KG if they trade Ubonis Haslem, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, Jason Kapono for Kevin Garnett and Mark Madsen. This trade would look terrible to Timberwolves fans- however, it would be a smart move for Minnesota. You get a few good players for future trades- Minnesota always get trapped with players they can't trade because no other team want them. That is why Minnesota is where they are today.
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: