Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,770
Default Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Let's assume for a minute that Taylor Swift's lyrics are not just a ploy to cash in on young teens not so great taste....

I was talking to a guy that's 50 years old and is a huge Taylor Swift fan, and I ask myself... How does a 50 year old man come to enjoy music made by a young girl that is in a 13 year old girl's state of mind? How could it be anything other than deep rooted issues with pedophilia? Why else would a 50 year old be digging a 13-15 year old girls music?
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

It makes me sick to my stomach that someone could find her attractive. Screw the lyrics. Men who like would be pedo's because she looks like a 13 year old southern doll.

Puke.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,712
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Maybe he's not paying attention to the words, he just likes the music and the fact that it doesn't have bad words like those "dirty rap songs" do.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS
 
branslowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Drug Lord, Florida
Posts: 11,159
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

DW41 gonna be mad at this thread..
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

I feel like this thread has been done 50 times before
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I feel like this thread has been done 50 times before

I realize that there have been plenty of threads attacking Swift's music. But this is more about a selected part of her fan base.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY
 
JohnWall2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,688
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I realize that there have been plenty of threads attacking Swift's music. But this is more about a selected part of her fan base.

Attacking her music, attacking her appearance, attacking her fans.... dude just get the f*ck over it.

If you don't like her tunes, don't listen. If you don't think she's attractive, don't look at her. For the record, I could care less about Swift and I'm definitely not a fan. I don't hate, but I don't listen.

Its okay for older people to like contemporary music. So she sings "[from] a thirteen-year-old girl's state of mind??" You listen to enough of her to know the state of mind she sings in?? Has it occured that maybe people don't like her music for the lyrical content, but for the catchy hooks, rhythms, and quality of production??

BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,066
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Yes.
nightprowler10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall2

You know its bad when you can't really tell if a poster is a troll or a 12-year old who can use the internet unsupervised for the first time.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,363
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Let's assume for a minute that Taylor Swift's lyrics are not just a ploy to cash in on young teens not so great taste....

I was talking to a guy that's 50 years old and is a huge Taylor Swift fan, and I ask myself... How does a 50 year old man come to enjoy music made by a young girl that is in a 13 year old girl's state of mind? How could it be anything other than deep rooted issues with pedophilia? Why else would a 50 year old be digging a 13-15 year old girls music?

Taylor Swift is 21. I fail to see how some 50yr old that listens to her music is a pedophile (or has deep-rooted issues with pedophilia).

Are you trying to say that because Swift's songs are favored by 13yr olds, it would make the 50yr old pedophiles since the songs are favored by 13yr olds? I am sorry, but you are not making sense there. I see what you are saying, but it still does not fit logic. You are making a wide stretch in your argument.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY
 
JohnWall2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,688
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
You know its bad when you can't really tell if a poster is a troll or a 12-year old who can use the internet unsupervised for the first time.

JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star
 
8BeastlyXOIAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,506
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
DW41 gonna be mad at this thread..
this
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Taylor Swift is 21. I fail to see how some 50yr old that listens to her music is a pedophile (or has deep-rooted issues with pedophilia).

Are you trying to say that because Swift's songs are favored by 13yr olds, it would make the 50yr old pedophiles since the songs are favored by 13yr olds? I am sorry, but you are not making sense there. I see what you are saying, but it still does not fit logic. You are making a wide stretch in your argument.



If I really like the Jackson 5, does that make me a pedophile too?? MJ was 11 when they released their first album.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #15
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star
 
8BeastlyXOIAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,506
Default Re: Are male Taylor Swift fans pedophiles?

Asian pedophiles are the scariest
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy