Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Whats your favorite thing about Christmas and/or the Holidays

My co-worker asked me this the other day. His answer was the electricity in the air the first day you go shopping after Thanksgiving. Holiday music playing, tons of people everywhere. Just a great energy.

My favorite part of the holiday season is a two-part answer.

1.) Getting a gift for someone that they really truly like. Not just a fake smile and thank you, but either something they really wanted, or something they're legitimately surprised they got.

2.) How people are more generous.... myself included.

Happy Holidays ISH.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Whats your favorite thing about Christmas and/or the Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
My co-worker asked me this the other day. His answer was the electricity in the air the first day you go shopping after Thanksgiving. Holiday music playing, tons of people everywhere. Just a great energy.

My favorite part of the holiday season is a two-part answer.

1.) Getting a gift for someone that they really truly like. Not just a fake smile and thank you, but either something they really wanted, or something they're legitimately surprised they got.

2.) How people are more generous.... myself included.

Happy Holidays ISH.

really?
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For me it is the food. My grandma is the greatest cook ever and every year I stuff my face like a motherf*cker. And then leftovers for days

My number two would be your number one though bankshot.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall2
really?

So based on my posting on an internet message board, you feel you know me well enough to laugh and roll your eyes at the idea of me being generous??

I take the Holiday season seriously so you, sir, can f*ck off.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

The food and the family. Couldnt care less about the gifts anymore. If my cousins had kids (I have four girl cousins), I feel xmas would be a lot better. I have four older cousins who are women from age 22-31 and neither are married or have kids. What are the odds?

I've honestly grown tired of the whole gift and shopping stuff.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #6
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So based on my posting on an internet message board, you feel you know me well enough to laugh and roll your eyes at the idea of me being generous??

I take the Holiday season seriously so you, sir, can f*ck off.

thats y u were such a d*ck 2 me 4 no reason?
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
For me it is the food. My grandma is the greatest cook ever and every year I stuff my face like a motherf*cker. And then leftovers for days

My number two would be your number one though bankshot.

Generally food is my number one, but because its only on one day while the season lasts for a month, it will be on #3.

This year I'm serving a double-smoked ham, and a take on a turkey recipe I read in Bon Appetit magazine.

I'm calling it a Newcastle-Brined Turkey with a Molasses-Balsamic glaze.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall2
thats y u were such a d*ck 2 me 4 no reason?

I must reiterate: you, sir, can f*ck off.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
The food and the family. Couldnt care less about the gifts anymore. If my cousins had kids (I have four girl cousins), I feel xmas would be a lot better. I have four older cousins who are women from age 22-31 and neither are married or have kids. What are the odds?

I've honestly grown tired of the whole gift and shopping stuff.

Honestly I'm to the point where I could care less about receiving gifts, but there's something about getting something for someone that they:

1.) wouldn't buy themselves
2.) in the end would really enjoy

I put a lot of thought into my gifts... and i really enjoy it.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #10
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Generally food is my number one, but because its only on one day while the season lasts for a month, it will be on #3.

This year I'm serving a double-smoked ham, and a take on a turkey recipe I read in Bon Appetit magazine.

I'm calling it a Newcastle-Brined Turkey with a Molasses-Balsamic glaze.
Sounds great. You and Rufus' families should be eating good tommorow.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Getting shitty at Christmas parties and embarrassing my entire family.

Only kidding, I probably like the fact that I can feel like an innocent kid again at least for a little bit.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Sounds great. You and Rufus' families should be eating good tommorow.

My guess is we will indeed.

Kinda surprised he didn't start a "Holiday Meal" thread
Old 12-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
My guess is we will indeed.

Kinda surprised he didn't start a "Holiday Meal" thread
That is surprising now that I think about it, I thought he made one last year.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
That is surprising now that I think about it, I thought he made one last year.

Yeah he usually does one for the major foodie holidays
Old 12-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #15
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Food, family and friends.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: