Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default My New Years

So I know you guys are thinking...who the F cares.But for New Years,a close friend of mine got some tickets to the Wizards v Hornets game.Turns out he got em from a close friend of his who happens to be a Wizards athletic trainer.So besides getting great seats and getting to go into the locker room and meet Ernie Grunfeld and a few players etc. I kinda took notes mentally.I used to hate when ppl overhyped the difference between watching on TV and being @ the game but let me tell you...I noticed some interesting things. Most eye-opening of all: Chris Paul does NOT want to be a Hornet.He had a decent game stat wise but if you saw the game live,he was coasting out there.He literally had John Wall shook to dribble the ball.I didnt realize he was such a great defender.I just thought he got lots of steals.Chris Paul is unique.He can crank it up or fall back when he wants to.Bottom line is Paul is very unhappy.His body language is speaking loud and clear.We should make a move for him!!!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: My New Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So I know you guys are thinking...who the F cares.But for New Years,a close friend of mine got some tickets to the Wizards v Hornets game.Turns out he got em from a close friend of his who happens to be a Wizards athletic trainer.So besides getting great seats and getting to go into the locker room and meet Ernie Grunfeld and a few players etc. I kinda took notes mentally.I used to hate when ppl overhyped the difference between watching on TV and being @ the game but let me tell you...I noticed some interesting things. Most eye-opening of all: Chris Paul does NOT want to be a Hornet.He had a decent game stat wise but if you saw the game live,he was coasting out there.He literally had John Wall shook to dribble the ball.I didnt realize he was such a great defender.I just thought he got lots of steals.Chris Paul is unique.He can crank it up or fall back when he wants to.Bottom line is Paul is very unhappy.His body language is speaking loud and clear.We should make a move for him!!!

If the Hornets are sold and relocated he's leaving. He doesn't owe anything to fans he hasn't played for in a new city.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Knicks beat Indiana to start the new year off with a bang but Gallo got injured and had to be helped off the court Very very very tough game, probably the toughest of the season, coming up against the Spurs. Let's hope Gallo gets healthy fast. The Knicks may have to play Randolph
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Chris Paul definitely doesn't seem motivated down in NOLA. He's got a pretty good team though, so maybe he's just sick of playing there. It will be a shame if his career is winding down due to injuries though. He's missing the meniscus in one his knees a la Brandon Roy, I believe.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why trade for him when he will be a free agent after next season? We only signed Felton to a 2 year contract just so that we could be in position to sign him when he becomes a FA.

If Stern were willing to ship him to us for peanuts, I would be all for it. Otherwise I don't think we have the pieces to get it done.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was amazed.He plays so effortlessly.Sometimes it looks like he doesnt try.Thats not what I'm referring to though.Dude's body language in warmups, on the bench,in the game is like I'm gonna do my job and go home.He is very disengaged with his teammates.He was getting assist after assist but when the typical high five after a nice pass came from his teammates,he seemed to be very apathetic.There was no chest bumpin,no jubilation or anything. Mind you,they came back from a decent sized deficit to win last night.

BTW as a sidenote.I know I've been very supportive of JaVale McGee.I actually got to say whats up to him after the game (he's ridiculously tall). Let me tell you,i dont know if yall saw it on TV but it was 10 times worst in person.Trevor Ariza absolutely hammered a dunk on him @ the end of the game.It was so wicked.What was even worse was me n my boy were in the family lounge and some kids were joking on him while his family was in there. They kept saying damn JaVale! lmao Im glad he wasnt in there.That was embarassing.Ariza put his arm pit in his face.

o n btw Sam Cassell is even uglier in person lol
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Knicks beat Indiana to start the new year off with a bang but Gallo got injured and had to be helped off the court Very very very tough game, probably the toughest of the season, coming up against the Spurs. Let's hope Gallo gets healthy fast. The Knicks may have to play Randolph

Gallinari says his sprained left knee is fine but Knicks won't know for sure until Monday's MRI-Frank Isola NY Daily News
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #8
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Seems nice

I look forward to the day I'll have a chance to come to the USA and watch an NBA game (possibly the Knicks of course!)
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #9
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Seems nice

I look forward to the day I'll have a chance to come to the USA and watch an NBA game (possibly the Knicks of course!)

Don't feel bad, I live here and have NEVER been to an NBA game in my life. Maybe before I die I will. (fingers crossed).
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

BTW the Wizards game was cool but the newer stadiums have nothing on MSG!!! Everything was so compact.The nose bleed seats go str8 up instead of back like in the Garden.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
BTW the Wizards game was cool but the newer stadiums have nothing on MSG!!! Everything was so compact.The nose bleed seats go str8 up instead of back like in the Garden.
Yeah the 400's section in Verizon is something that no amount of warning can prepare you for. Feels like you're falling every step down you take.

Sitting up there after hanging out in the Dewar's Clubhouse, the Verizon Center's big bar, is an adventure.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yea I can only imagine after a few cold ones what that view must feel like. My seats were right beside the radio announcers.I think section 110 or so.I enjoyed the backstage stuff alot better tho The family room was pretty cool.Theres a guy on their team who doesnt even play.I think it was NDyiae or however you spell it...just let me say the girl he was booed up with after the game was a str8 dime! Josh Howard's girl wasn't bad either.She had his baby with her n she had a lil baby weight on her but she had a set of sweater puppets on her that looked absolutely delightful lol I wish someone could have taken a pic of my face when I saw Sam Cassell tho.lmao
Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So based off what you saw, do you think we'd benefit more from a Carmelo or CP3 acquisition?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Good question.I say Melo still but I've gained a renewed interest in getting CP3. More than likely,if we trade for one of them,we're gonna have to give up @ least Galinair or Chandler.Thats scoring walking out of the door.While CP3 is a substantial upgrade from Felton,theres gonna be some night where he gets you only 14 points because he's focused on other areas like distributing the ball and getting steals.Melo however is one of,if not THE purest scorers in the NBA.So to answer your question,both guys help tremendously but I think Melo makes you miss the guys you gave up to get him less.I guess it also depends on who we give up if we get them via trade.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
So based off what you saw, do you think we'd benefit more from a Carmelo or CP3 acquisition?
CP3 and its not close based on talent. Health though is another thing. PG's of his ability isnt common. He is just a complete package although I like Deron more than him.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: