Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 12-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Sixers notes, quotes after losing to T-Wolves on Dec. 3

POSTGAME QUOTES
Minnesota Timberwolves 95 @ Philadelphia 76ers 84
December 3, 2006
Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia 76ers Head Coach Maurice Cheeks

On the game tonight...
"Our effort out on the floor wasn't good enough. It wasn't that we didn't play with any effort. It just wasn't good enough. We played nip and tuck, nip and tuck.Ricky Davis made some shots during the course of the game and got me fast break buckets. Their effort was better than ours. They made some shots. We missed some shots. When you go through a stretch of losing games, you are looking for the right answer, and we're still searching for the answer. This is not the way I envisioned it.

On energy in back- to- back games...
"Sometimes in the NBA there are back-to-back games AND the next game takes a little more energy out of you. Tonight our energy was not there. There have been nights where our energy was better on than the first night of a back-to-back night. There are games like that. Certainly, tonight is not one of those nights. I would have liked that energy to be better. It was not.

Philadelphia 76ers Guard Allen Iverson
On Minnesota's play in the fourth quarter...
"They were just playing better than us. We didn't match their intensity. There is no excuse for that. We are at home. We are supposed to have that intensity. We are supposed to have the momentum. They just outplayed us."

On how this stretch of games has been ...
"We have talent on the team. We are just not stepping up to the challenge every night. Every night you have to step up to the challenge and play basketball. We are just not doing it every night. "

On if he realizes that the Sixers need to turn things around ...
"I realize it right now. I know that it has to turn around. It hasn't been that way. There is something that we have to do to get this thing right."

On not playing with Kyle Korver tonight...
"It was tough. We need him out there on the floor, but that had nothing to do with being outplayed like that."

Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Dwayne Casey
On tonight's game...
"I still don't know how we won the game with 25 turnovers on the road and as sloppy as we played throughout the game. We have to get better with our offensive execution; passing the basketball and doing a better job of executing our offensive sets."

On the team pulling out a win...
"Defensively I thought we were solid. Our defense won the game; it definitely wasn't our offense with 25 turnovers. Twenty-five turnovers is way too many especially on the road. The guys (Timberwolves) stuck to it and kept scrapping. I thought overall our defense won the game for us."

Minnesota Timberwolves Guard Randy Foye
On coming back to Philadelphia...
"It feels good to be back here and to play in front of all the fans. I knew everyone was coming to the game so I was looking forward going out there and them cheering when I got in the game."

On adjusting to the NBA...
"You can't be nervous out there because if you're nervous out there they (Sixers) take advantage of you so you just have to play. That was my biggest thing; just going out there just to play and not doing anything spectacular."

Minnesota Timberwolves Forward Kevin Garnett
On pulling our a win in the fourth quarter...
"We knew that come the fourth quarter we wanted to make a bigger push and try to take the lead and just be aggressive. We had too many turnovers against good teams and you can't win like that, but we found a way to squeak it out. Our defense is ahead of our offense right now."

Minnesota Timberwolves Guard Ricky Davis
On tonight's win...
"It was tough and we made a lot of turnovers. We just kept playing and kept getting stops. Hassell (Trenton) did a great job on Iverson (Allen) at the end and we got what we wanted.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

basically, we suck a$$ right now, and no1 knows why. It is depressing to watch...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
donsanchez306
Dunking on everybody in the park

Ok HERES THE NEW PLAN we scrap everything we have in place run webber at the point carney can be the four iggy runs the 3 ivy at the 2 n slammin sammy at the 5 (ivy brings the ball past half court because im not nelson crazy yet)

defense u ask screw it thats not working anymore for us they figured us out we can't defend (not because of talent because of effort) so we play o until we win some games BILLY KING should let us in on his master plan the mans genius if he turns it around until then i say we run the master plan of lottery land because we're headed towards it rather than away from it like bugs into the fly killing light machine

i will beg for wins im not above it (wheres the homeless begger emotiocon)
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: