Rockets notes after rocking the Cavs on Saturday
- The Rockets held the Cavaliers to 63 points on 22-of-78 (.282) shooting from the field tonight. The 63 points matches the franchise single-game low for an opponent set when the Jazz managed just 63 points against Houston vs. Utah (1/3/04). Cleveland's .282 field goal percentage ranks as the third lowest by a Houston opponent in a single game. The Rockets also limited the Cavaliers to a season-low 29 first-half points on 10-of-38 (.263) from the field. The previous low for Cleveland this season was 34 points in the opening half vs. Boston (11/11/06).
- Houston has now held its opponent under 70 points in a game 10 times since Jeff Van Gundy took over as head coach in 2003. Prior to Van Gundy's arrival, the Rockets had limited opponents to less than 70 points only twice in franchise history.
- Tonight's attendance of 18,260 marked the fourth sellout for the Rockets this season.
- Yao Ming scored 20 of his 24 points in the first half of tonight's game. It equaled his second best half of the season. Yao scored 24 in the opening half vs. Dallas (11/4/06) and 20 in the second half at Miami (11/12/06).
- Yao Ming attempted 23 shots (8-23 FG) tonight, which marked the fourth contest this season and his 22nd career game with 20-plus field goal attempts. He attempted 20 or more field goals a career-high 11 times in 2005-06.
- With four blocks tonight, Yao Ming (586) moved past Ralph Sampson (585) into third on the team's all-time blocked shots list.
- Houston Rockets guard/forward Tracy McGrady suffered a grade-one (minor) concussion in the first half tonight. He did not return to the game. McGrady finished with seven points, three rebounds and three assists. LeBron James posted a team-high 21 points for Cleveland. It marked the first time James has outscored McGrady in their seven head-to-head meetings.
- Juwan Howard set a season high with 13 rebounds tonight. Chuck Hayes also had a season-best 13 boards for Houston, marking the fifth time this season that two players have reached double-figure rebounding in the same game for the Rockets.
- Luther Head extended his streak to 15 consecutive games with at least one 3-point field goal made. Also adding to a streak tonight was Shane Battier, who has at least one blocked shot in each of the last six games.