Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far
Default Should I drop Hibbert for Deandre Jordan?

I was really high on Hibbert earlier in the season, but he seems to get getting worse and worse mostly b/c of the coach getting into his head and recently, not getting minutes.

On the other hand, Deandre looks like a monster and has been ranked #1 the last 2 weeks, largely due to his ridiculous average of 6 blocks.

I was using Hibbert mostly for boards and blocks, should should I dump Hibbert for Deandre? I don't have anyone else I can drop.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Should I drop Hibbert for Deandre Jordan?

It's obviously up to you, but I wouldn't.

Hibbert will bounce back imo..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

You must have one good team if hes your only option to drop .
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
The Next Jordan
High School JV MVP

The Next Jordan has a very bad reputationThe Next Jordan has a very bad reputationThe Next Jordan has a very bad reputationThe Next Jordan has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
You must have one good team if hes your only option to drop .
That's what I was thinking. If Hibbert is really the worst player on his team, then he must have a stellar team.
The Next Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

My team in that league is pretty solid b/c I got lucky w/ mid-late round picks and a bunch of trades. There's also the position thing I don't want to screw up since it's a 12 team roto league and I'm balanced in all cats right now in 1st place. My weakness is blocks, b/c Hibbert/Noah were my anchor in the category but Hibbert has been playing like crap and Noah is out until Feb.

My team in that particular league:

Guards:
Chris Paul
Raymond Felton
Jrue Holiday
DJ Augustin

Forwards:
Rudy Gay
Wilson Chandler
Dorrell Wright
Elton Brand

Centers:
Pau Gasol
Kevin Love
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah (inj)
Roy Hibbert --> Deandre Jordan
Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

It's such a tough decision. Hibbert's been extremely frustrating to own the last month and now he's coming off the bench. If you look at his stats, it's dropped every month this season:

Oct: 18/10/5, 2.7 blocks, 47% FG
Nov: 16/9/3, 1.9 blocks, 49% FG
Dec: 11/7/2, 1.7 blocks, 42% FG
Jan: 10/4/2, 0 blocks, 44% FG (1 game only)

The pacers coach keeps complaining about his defense so I don't know what to make of his PT unless they get a new coach. Jordan looks like he's heating up... I guess you're right though, I'll sit on Hibbert a few more and see what happens.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #7
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

If you're in 1st place like you're saying and you've got this kind of depth/talent, I'd try and move 2 for 1. If that fails and no one bites, just sit on your stud-filled squad. Injuries tend to happen and you'll be set if they do
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #8
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Yea, thats a good point. I usually try to package 2 for 1's but never get any bites. I guess I just got very excited over Jordan's last 3 games and didn't want someone else to grab him.

14/5, 7 blocks, 100% FG
6/12, 6 blocks, 71% FG
14/20, 6 blocks, 75% FG

It's only 3 games, but still exciting since it's the first time he's getting consistent minutes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #9
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I can understand your frustration, but Hibbert's potential long term value is probably not worth the risk of Jordan's short term value. Whether its 5 games or 15 games, Kaman will be back and will destroy whatever value Jordan has. We're not even halfway through the season and already Hibbert has been riding incredible waves of play - he's gone from the hottest young C in the league to a slight role player with terrible stat output. If he's made those kinds of rises and falls in only two months, I have to believe they will continue, which means he'll be frustrating and possibly great again before its all said and done.

Long story short, if you really need short term help in blocks, and adding 25-30 blocks over the next two or three weeks will win you this league, its a gamble you should take. If you feel that Jordan alone will not carry you to the title, then I'd stay put and hope for a comeback from Hibbert.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
foutz
Banned

foutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hibbert of bettor than jordin
foutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Chris Quinn
Banned

Chris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableChris Quinn is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by foutz
hibbert of bettor than jordin

lol
Chris Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
dobby
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dobby has an OK reputation so far

definitely do not drop him
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #13
foutz
Banned

foutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablefoutz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quinn
lol
heloo
foutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Yikes, both Hibbert and Jordan have looked horrible the last few games...

Hibbert 6 games in Jan:
7.8 pts, 7.8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 1.8 TO's
33.9% FG and 62.5% FT
Old 01-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hes going to a therapist because hes cross eyed
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: