Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Default WikiLeaks To Reveal Secret Bank Accounts Of Politicians & Celebrities & Corporations

looks pretty damn interesting. i wonder how this will turn out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t1wr...eature=recentf
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
lefthook00
College star

Default Re: WikiLeaks To Reveal Secret Bank Accounts Of Politicians & Celebrities & Corporations

Good. I hope they blow the top off of everything.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: WikiLeaks To Reveal Secret Bank Accounts Of Politicians & Celebrities & Corporations

I'm looking forward to reading it.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Stuckey
ifirtworld

when's the ufo documents gonna be leaked
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Nice...

I wonder how many entities that received tax-payer funded bailouts have secret offshore multi-million/billion dollar accounts. Should be fun to watch.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Nice...

I wonder how many entities that received tax-payer funded bailouts have secret offshore multi-million/billion dollar accounts. Should be fun to watch.

wow i didn't even think of that. that will be amazing to see!
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

I thought the guy went to jail.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
I thought the guy went to jail.

nahh, he still might, but he signed a book deal recently.

this shit's getting leaked regardless
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

hells yea.

lets bring these bastards down.

of course, people would have to care.

has anything other than pissed off people trying to get him arrested come out of the stuff leaked so far?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #10
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Best wikileak yet.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

Saw bits of pieces of this already yesterday. Glad to see Wikileaks doing it. Must bring into light those scumbags hiding money and getting away with it. The question is though - what kind of proof will WikiLeaks provide? Will they black out the proof from the regular public or will the public also get to see each person's account name, number and overseas bank location? I truly wonder how they plan on revealing the bank accounts. Maybe they will black out the locations/id numbers for the general public, and documents without the black-outs will be sent to agencies like the FBI and other agencies in different part of the world. I can't wait to see who those people are if it is somehow released.

Btw:
Thought I should mention that I had a discussion with somebody, who considers himself a conservative, about this very topic earlier today about Wikileaks revealing secret bank accounts. As soon as I brought this up, he was like "What about the Obama administration and the federal government stealing and wasting the tax money or how about the British governments and other foreign federal governments stealing the money of the people?" (quote is not word-for-word)..

I was like "Hold on, we aren't talking about the US government right now. We are talking about Wikileaks right now and the secret bank accounts of politicians, celebrities and corporations being leaked." He just told me that the US federal government is an issue too and wouldn't stop talking about how the US government is stealing tax money while increasing the taxes annually. "Constitution says we the people by the people for the people under God. How about Wikileaks leaks information about the money stolen by the Obama administration and the federal government having control over we the people?" Finally, I gave up in extreme frustration... All I got out of the entire conversation was that he didn't want to talk about the secret bank accounts of millionaires, billionaires and a bunch of politicians hiding money while getting the full tax-payers benefits.

I couldn't find anything by Fox on this latest leak by wikileaks on youtube. I wanted to see what guys like Bill O'Reily would say about this, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to go for the US federal government approach too just like this one guy that I had the conversation with.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 AM   #12
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Saw bits of pieces of this already yesterday. Glad to see Wikileaks doing it. Must bring into light those scumbags hiding money and getting away with it. The question is though - what kind of proof will WikiLeaks provide? Will they black out the proof from the regular public or will the public also get to see each person's account name, number and overseas bank location? I truly wonder how they plan on revealing the bank accounts. Maybe they will black out the locations/id numbers for the general public, and documents without the black-outs will be sent to agencies like the FBI and other agencies in different part of the world. I can't wait to see who those people are if it is somehow released.

Btw:
Thought I should mention that I had a discussion with somebody, who considers himself a conservative, about this very topic earlier today about Wikileaks revealing secret bank accounts. As soon as I brought this up, he was like "What about the Obama administration and the federal government stealing and wasting the tax money or how about the British governments and other foreign federal governments stealing the money of the people?" (quote is not word-for-word)..

I was like "Hold on, we aren't talking about the US government right now. We are talking about Wikileaks right now and the secret bank accounts of politicians, celebrities and corporations being leaked." He just told me that the US federal government is an issue too and wouldn't stop talking about how the US government is stealing tax money while increasing the taxes annually. "Constitution says we the people by the people for the people under God. How about Wikileaks leaks information about the money stolen by the Obama administration and the federal government having control over we the people?" Finally, I gave up in extreme frustration... All I got out of the entire conversation was that he didn't want to talk about the secret bank accounts of millionaires, billionaires and a bunch of politicians hiding money while getting the full tax-payers benefits.

I couldn't find anything by Fox on this latest leak by wikileaks on youtube. I wanted to see what guys like Bill O'Reily would say about this, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to go for the US federal government approach too just like this one guy that I had the conversation with.

With all due respect, that person sounds like a moron.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
With all due respect, that person sounds like a moron.

Just ignorant somewhat. I know he listens to Rush Limbaugh every day, and watches mostly Fox (I know there are millions of people around USA that follow Limbaugh and/or Fox, this guy is one of them). I try to stay miles away from politics, religion, and racism (I also have to be a bit careful when talking about science so it doesn't seem anti-religion in wording) whenever I could. Sometimes, things just slip on my end during other discussions and he often goes on tantrums of how Fox shows both sides of the view and thinks CNN/NBC/CBS/BBC/PBS/HBO shows/etc are all biased and shows only the Liberal side of things and is all pro-Obama and somewhat anti-American. Like I said, I don't talk about politics; there are other people that I discuss politics. He knows sports and other stuff pretty well though so discussions stay towards sports mostly.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
bluechox2
#knickstape

should be interesting
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
Scientist
Banned

it will be interesting to see if any current/past president(s) have $$ stored away.
Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: