Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO - Wilson Chandler is in the market for a new agent.

The News has learned that Chandler has left Chris Luchey and is in the process of looking for new representation. Chandler confirmed that he plans to hire an agent in another two weeks.

It's an interesting development because Chandler is a restricted free agent this summer and team president Donnie Walsh has said he wants to sign Chandler to an extension.

However, the Knicks passed on an opportunity to extend Chandler's contract last October, citing the uncertainty regarding the new collective bargaining agreement.

Chandler, according to sources, is considering Dan Fegan, Arn Tellem, Leon Rose, Andy Miller and Happy Walters, who represents Amar'e Stoudemire.

Chandler was the 23rd overall pick of the 2007 Draft and is enjoying his best year in the NBA. His name has also surfaced in several trade scenarios involving Carmelo Anthony.

Because Chandler is a restricted free agent, the Knicks have the option of matching any offer Chandler receives from another team. As recently as two weeks ago, Luchey said he was hopeful Chandler would get a contract extension comparable to the deals Indiana's Danny Granger and Chicago's Luol Deng signed which is in the $65 to $75 million range.

"We've decided to part ways," said Luchey, who called the split amicable. "I've known Wilson since he was a teenager and we'll continue to have a good relationship."
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/kni...thony-randolph

I'm intrigued by the timing of it. Melo-to-NJ talks end then Chandler fires his agent. Sounds like he's preparing to get a nice overpay in the summer. I wouldn't pay more than 6mil/yr for him. But I'm sure a desperate team wouldn't mind tossing 10-12mil/yr at him.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:11 AM   #2
DUP
ambition

DUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDUP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

why? doesnt think his agent can get him that allusive deal?
DUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

A player has a right to fire his agent if he believes that the agent is not doing his due diligence to do anything and everything to help that player succeed.

.................................................. .................................................. ...

I wonder if this is Wil's reason or is it something else?

Wilson Chandler anotha day anotha dolla
2 Days Ago | reply | permalink

I know it's all about the dollar, but if I were playing for my next contract, I wouldn't be disappearing in games. You HAVE TO be MORE consistent Wilson. That's who gets the money. Not by switching agents.

Last edited by earlofupstate : 01-21-2011 at 09:17 AM.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think he has disappeared, he just is a role player.

He does alot of things well, but nothing great.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chandler would thrive in a situation where hes not the go2guy and just finds his flow in the offense.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I don't think he has disappeared, he just is a role player.

He does alot of things well, but nothing great.

I do agree with you, but if Wil (and I really love the guy)(no Homo) wants the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, I would like him to show up just about every game he plays for us. He has that in him to do that. I think he's the only one holding him back.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
I do agree with you, but if Wil (and I really love the guy)(no Homo) wants the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, I would like him to show up just about every game he plays for us. He has that in him to do that. I think he's the only one holding him back.
I just don't see him past a 16pts/6rebs/2ast/1blk type of player, with good defense.

That is your typical above average role player, at best.

That's not an 60-80 mil guy to me.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

At PF, if he were doing a Shawn Marion and getting us 11-12 rebounds a night, I'd overlook his limited perimeter skills. Otherwise, he's Thabo Sefolosha to me right now.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

He's certainly athletic enough to rebound more.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
jebron-i
I hit open layups

jebron-i has decent reputationjebron-i has decent reputation

melo= better upgrade at SF.
jebron-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldnt overpay for him either but cmon...to say he doesnt bring it every night is kinda unfair.Up until a week ago he was our most consistent player next to Amare. Plus,6 rebounds a game on a team run by a coach that could care less about fundamental basketball isn't bad.Not @ 6'8" when you're guarding the oppositions best post player every night because your star player wont.If anyone should be criticized for lack of rebounding it should be our franchise player.Plus for most of the year,Chandler was getting almost 2 blocks a game.Thabo Sefalosha avg 5 ppg and 5 rpg.Yall talk about ME being ridiculous comparing Sebastian to Ridnour. Thabo and Chandler's production isn't even in the same ball park.

Quote:
melo= better upgrade at SF.

Understatement of the year.Melo is an upgrade over every sf except LeBron and Durant.

I think we should trade Chandler if we aren't going to let him floursih.It's clear D'Antoni has a love affair with Gallo n honestly,out of Gallo Fields and Wil,Gallo would probably fit the best with Melo here.That being said,let's get something back for Wilson and let him go to a team that'll appreciate him more.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
chandler would thrive in a situation where hes not the go2guy and just finds his flow in the offense.

dude this is the best situation for him.. Nothing better to play in Mike D's offense and score 18 points per game. You think any other team will give him the freedom he has here in NY?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #13
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I just don't see him past a 16pts/6rebs/2ast/1blk type of player, with good defense.

That is your typical above average role player, at best.

That's not an 60-80 mil guy to me.

Me neither.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I think if Chandler left this team he would improve in rebounding... I think his rebounds are down based on where dumbtoni has him relation to felton/amare pick n roll.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I think if Chandler left this team he would improve in rebounding... I think his rebounds are down based on where dumbtoni has him relation to felton/amare pick n roll.
WTH?

Chandler's rebounds have gone UP every season in the League.

He is getting SF rebounding numbers. Which is his best position.

Look where Chandler is

Chandler is not the blame for the teams woes.

The guy has done his job, but he is a role player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: