Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Pacers Weekly (Dec 5) - Foster rebounding, Harrington threes, more

This Date in History - December 5, 1996
While playing for the Portland Trail Blazers, Jermaine O’Neal became the youngest player (18 years, 53 days) ever to participate in an NBA game.

NEWS & NOTES

· While Jeff Foster's 18 total rebounds at Denver tied his career-high, his 12 offensive rebounds in that game tied the team NBA record. There have been four players in Pacers' NBA history to register 12 offensive rebounds. But, Foster is the first to do so twice and he is the first to have done so in a road game. Foster also had 12 offensive rebounds vs. Sacramento, Dec. 11, 2004.

· With 56 blocked shots this season, Jermaine O'Neal leads the NBA in total blocked shots and he is second in the league with an average of 3.11 bpg. Indiana is the Eastern Conference's top shot-blocking team with an average of 6.32 bpg. O'Neal has blocked at least one shot in all 18 of his appearances this season, which is the longest active streak in the league.

· Al Harrington tied a career-high with six 3-pt field goals made in the Pacers' win at Golden State, Nov. 29, and in the five games this past week (including at Los Angeles, Dec. 4, he shot 15-23 from 3-pt range (.652). As a result, he is third in the league in 3-pt FG accuracy with a mark of 55.6 percent (25-45).

· Through the game in Los Angeles, Dec. 4, the Pacers have played more road games (13) than any other team in the league. Indiana's five road wins are tied for third most in the NBA this season. Orlando and San Antonio both have seven road wins to lead the league.

· Including the 101 points by the Lakers at STAPLES Center, Dec. 4, the Pacers' opponents have scored 100+ points in each of the last four games. That is the first time that the opposition has scored 100 or more points in four straight game since a five-game streak in November 2001.

QUOTABLE QUOTE

Pacers' Head Coach Rick Carlisle:

“I don’t know, I think we’re at a point now where as a team we’ve got to realize that part of being successful is the way you compete- and the way you share the ball and the way you help each other defensively. We haven’t done a good job of doing those things to start games. We got to get better fast because just cause we’re going home doesn’t mean that it’s going to cure itself.”
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #2
ritchmaq
I airball my layups

yeah!!!! good records and i hope there's more to come for this team especially rebounding records.... i think they lack rebounds.. jeff c should not be in foul trouble.. keep rebounding...
ritchmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: