Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 01-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Unclear if Hornets, David West will work out extension

David West, who can opt out of the last year of his contract this summer, reiterated his stance on waiting until seasonís end to make any decisions on staying or signing an extension. New Orleans Times Picayune

ďIíve been saying the same thing: Iím just going to wait until the end of the year, and I want to make the best decision I can make in terms of my future,Ē West said. ďIíve had an opportunity to talk with Dell. We have an understanding in terms of whatís out there, but Iím just going to play ball right now.Ē New Orleans Times Picayune

West is scheduled to earn $7.5 million next season. He earns $8.2 this year. West, a seven-year veteran who was drafted by the Hornets in 2003, said heís unconcerned whether his market value, or bargaining power for an extension, might diminish under the terms of a new collective bargaining agreement. Demps declined comment. New Orleans Times Picayune

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz1C5XbeAeO
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default Re: Unclear if Hornets, David West will work out extension

West stated before the season that he wouldn't discuss contracts during the season. I don't know why this is now news to Wojo. Probably because the Hornets are playing well so it's time to create some kind of distraction I guess.

Besides, I think it would be crazy for West to do an extension when his contract would continually go down every season as it's doing right now.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: