Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Who else plays in low tops?

I started playing in Hyperdunk lows a few weeks ago and have loved them so far. It seems like most of the guys that I play with think low tops are the devil and would rather play in hiking boots. Of course there are a few who play in running shoes but I could never go back to that. Anyway how many on here where low tops to play in? Who many in the NBA wear them? Of course Kobe and I think Artest, who else?
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Sticks

Sticks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who else plays in low tops?

A lot of people play in Kobe's, myself included. They are nice.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I play in Hyperdunk lows too. Almost a year with them and still love 'em. (although they're starting to were down), but recently I tried playing in running shoes and I felt like my ankle was gna roll when ever I cut.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Marquis Daniels
MY BOSS IS A *****

Marquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected poster

i sport some adidas agent 0 shoe looks pretty OK for a cheap shoe
Marquis Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I play in Hyperdunk lows too. Almost a year with them and still love 'em. (although they're starting to were down), but recently I tried playing in running shoes and I felt like my ankle was gna roll when ever I cut.

I play with hyperdunk lows too right now, blue ones
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
gorbo
I hit open layups

gorbo has no real reputation yet.

Surprised to see the love for Hyperdunk lows, never seen anyone else wear them. Kobes are popular here.

I think the HD lows are pretty good, especially considering what they cost (most places blowing them out for $50 right now). The sole's worn out fairly quick, although I play outdoor ball. And it doesn't breath very well at all, although I guess that is the norm for basketball shoes.

Eyeing Hyperfuse Lows for my next joints. Wish I know where/how to get XDR versions so the soles don't wear out as fast
gorbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbo
Surprised to see the love for Hyperdunk lows, never seen anyone else wear them. Kobes are popular here.

I think the HD lows are pretty good, especially considering what they cost (most places blowing them out for $50 right now). The sole's worn out fairly quick, although I play outdoor ball. And it doesn't breath very well at all, although I guess that is the norm for basketball shoes.

Eyeing Hyperfuse Lows for my next joints. Wish I know where/how to get XDR versions so the soles don't wear out as fast

I paid $30+shipping for mine so I got them for under $40. For the money they are definitely hard to beat. From what I read the Kobe's had a front zoom airsole unit and are maybe a hair lighter but I really can't see enough difference between the two to merit the higher price. I've never felt that my hyperdunks lacked cushion or support. Compared to my last few pairs of basketball shoes they are probably more supportive and have as much or more cushion than all but my Flight Shox (which weren't very supportive despite being hightops will an ankle strap). I just got a pair of Jordan 2009's that I am going to try this weekend but they don't have the supportive outer wing like the hyperdunks so I am not sure they will be as stable.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #8
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Besides Kobe's, naww. But the Rondo hyperfuse lows look so sick i may have to stop by footlocker sometime.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Besides Kobe's, naww. But the Rondo hyperfuse lows look so sick i may have to stop by footlocker sometime.

I've heard good things about the hyperfuse, I may try those next. I was working out in my Jordan 2009's and thinking about the difference between those and my lowtop hyperdunks. It's like playing in a pair of running shoes with more support compared to playing in well cushioned hiking boots.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #10
Slimdunkin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Slimdunkin has an OK reputation so far

kobe 5s, love them to death, definately picking up another pair everytime i need a new shoe to play in. light weight, acceptable ankle support, amazing grip, and sense of explosiveness and freedom to move how you want
Slimdunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: