Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Default Trade help with Camby?

As you know, Camby has been hurt. However, he's apparently slated to return in another 2-3 weeks, so he's not that far out.

I was offered Camby for Ibaka + Turkoglu or Ibaka + Nick Young. I get Camby in the trade in a 2 for 1. In that league, I don't really need any particular stats. Would you do the trade? Ryan Anderson is probably the best waiver player, so I would end up with Camby + Anderson (surprised he is available; didn't grab him myself b/c I'm not sold on his long-term value).
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Trade help with Camby?

Wouldn't give up that much for Camby, especially not two impact players. But Ryan Anderson needs to be picked up immediately. I'd rather have him right now that Camby, although not long term so it depends on your standing in your league
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

I wanted to grab Anderson, but the weakest players on my roster in that league are essentially Ibaka, Young, Turkoglu, Scola and I don't think it's worth dropping any for Anderson. I'm still not sold on the trades, although it would free up a roster spot.

I see Camby as an upgrade over Ibaka, with the same impact on blocks. My problem is that I don't know if it's worth including Young or Turkoglu, although they would be replaced by Anderson.

It's a roto-league so it would be more an add-and-stash since I'm on the correct pace for games played. I'm worried about Camby though, since he's old and has been injury prone his whole career. The thing in his favor is that Portland has a ton of injured players so he should get playing time right away.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
D.Z.W.
High school junior varsity star

With your waiver having good options, I look at it as a 2 for 2 deal..

So, Ibaka+Hedo for Camby+Ryan Anderson - I think I'd take that deal personally although only by a slight margin.
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: