Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Wilson Chandler set to play Friday

Quote:
GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Wilson Chandler said on Thursday that he feels no pain in his sore left calf and left ankle and pronounced himself ready to play Friday night in Philadelphia when the Knicks take on the 76ers.

Chandler has missed the last three games with the calf and ankle ailments. He said he first suffered the calf injury a "few weeks ago" and it flared up prior to the Miami game last week. Chandler played in that game, scoring just seven points on 3-of-14 shooting.

Chandler has had problems with his left ankle in the past. The fourth-year forward had surgery last spring to remove scar tissue from his left ankle.
Chandler, averaging 16.8 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, is a key component in coach Mike D'Antoni's offense.

D'Antoni said on Wednesday that Chandler could have played in the Knicks' blowout loss to the Mavericks that night if the team was facing a "playoff-type" scenario, but he decided to give his small forward one more day to rest.

Chandler said after practice on Thursday that he and the Knicks training staff decided that he's healthy enough to play against Philadelphia.

"I feel all right," Chandler said. "I just had to make sure it's 100 percent before I got back on the court."

The team officially listed Chandler as "probable" for Friday's game and D'Antoni felt Chandler was ready to go based on his play in Thursday's practice.

D'Antoni said Amare Stoudemire was limited to non-contact drills on Thursday, likely as a precaution to protect his sore knees. Stoudemire injured his right knee last Friday against the Hawks when Marvin Williams rolled over it.

He was listed as questionable for last Sunday's game against Detroit, but suited up and played 40 minutes. He suffered a left knee injury in the third quarter of that game when he collided with Detroit's Ben Gordon. He has had microfracture surgery on his left knee and arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.

D'Antoni said he normally sits Stoudemire for practices between games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6087501
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wilson Chandler set to play Friday

We gonna need all hands on deck.

Philly is a better team than their record indicates.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
We gonna need all hands on deck.

Philly is a better team than their record indicates.

We are playing this one at Philadelphia.

At Sunday we are playing at MSG.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We're gonna need our guards to play well.It's not their front court I'm worried about.Fields and Felton need to lock down defensively and apply pressure on the other end.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

And....back to small ball.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree.Elton Brand doesn't exactly scare me.

I wouldn't even mind taking a page out of Patino's book when he was in the NBA and incorporating the press for this game....or @ least picking up your man earlier like half court.We can't let them pick us apart by penetrating and destroying us on the perimeter.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

I don't care how we do it, but we have got to beat this team 2 times and leave them in our dust. No more effing around with them. Why can't we beat someone by 20 points more often?
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
And....back to small ball.
That's actually a contributing factor to what happened last game in Dallas.

Dallas ran the small ball with the three guard line-up for much of game, including the second half and ran us into the ground.

Kidd, Terry, and Barea ran circles around every single Knicks player on the floor.

We got totally lit up from three, even Brian f-in Cardinal hit a three.

Other than Dirk, nobody else other than guards even played 30 minutes.

Sometimes you'd figure as the Coach, you'd adjust.

But even if the Coach doesn't the players are the ones who defend and rebound.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
I don't care how we do it, but we have got to beat this team 2 times and leave them in our dust. No more effing around with them. Why can't we beat someone by 20 points more often?
Because the same points we score we give it right back.

The team is content to trade baskets.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
That's actually a contributing factor to what happened last game in Dallas.

Dallas ran the small ball with the three guard line-up for much of game, including the second half and ran us into the ground.

Kidd, Terry, and Barea ran circles around every single Knicks player on the floor.

We got totally lit up from three, even Brian f-in Cardinal hit a three.

Other than Dirk, nobody else other than guards even played 30 minutes.

Sometimes you'd figure as the Coach, you'd adjust.

But even if the Coach doesn't the players are the ones who defend and rebound.
Felton is what killed us on the defensive end. Every player he guarded went off. The Barea insert further magnified the problem because Felton HAD to guard either Barea or Terry. He guarded Terry. So Terry torched us.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Felton is what killed us on the defensive end. Every player he guarded went off. The Barea insert further magnified the problem because Felton HAD to guard either Barea or Terry. He guarded Terry. So Terry torched us.
So you saying when they went with a three guard lineup which they did for most of the second half, you gonna say that Felton guarded all three of them?

Come on dude, all three guards that were in at the time did there things at will.

Well we know Shawne was on Dirk.

I realize we only want to blame some players, but all of them had something to do with that.

The defense was pathetic.

And since they went small, you'd figure guards wouldn't get 5 and 6 boards, considering we didn't go small like they did.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
So you saying when they went with a three guard lineup which they did for most of the second half, you gonna say that Felton guarded all three of them?

Come on dude, all three guards that were in at the time did there things at will.

Well we know Shawne was on Dirk.

I realize we only want to blame some players, but all of them had something to do with that.

The defense was pathetic.

And since they went small, you'd figure guards wouldn't get 5 and 6 boards, considering we didn't go small like they did.
Terry and Barea were the ones breaking down the defense opening up the floor for everyone else. I have no problem blaming the players I believe are at fault. And I believe Felton is most to blame so I'm gonna continue blaming him. In the 1st half, Felton guarded Barea and he schooled us. In the 2nd half, Felton guarded Terry and he schooled us. If anybody that DVR'd the game can jot down the numbers put up on Felton, I'd appreciate it so it can prove my point. And we're always gonna be small with Amar'e at Center.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Terry and Barea were the ones breaking down the defense opening up the floor for everyone else. I have no problem blaming the players I believe are at fault. And I believe Felton is most to blame so I'm gonna continue blaming him. In the 1st half, Felton guarded Barea and he schooled us. In the 2nd half, Felton guarded Terry and he schooled us. If anybody that DVR'd the game can jot down the numbers put up on Felton, I'd appreciate it so it can prove my point. And we're always gonna be small with Amar'e at Center.

Well do you agree that they went with a three guard line-up, starting the second half?

That's when the game got broke wide open, and yeah Felton guarded somebody but didn't guard all three.

Collectively the team didn't defend, but if you wanna say Felton and Stat didn't and everyone else did then, ok guy.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Well do you agree that they went with a three guard line-up, starting the second half?

That's when the game got broke wide open, and yeah Felton guarded somebody but didn't guard all three.

Collectively the team didn't defend, but if you wanna say Felton and Stat didn't and everyone else did then, ok guy.
You have serious problems, "guy". Stop putting words in my mouth. I can't believe somebody so immature was appointed a moderator.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
You have serious problems, "guy". Stop putting words in my mouth. I can't believe somebody so immature was appointed a moderator.
What's the problem?

The whole team didn't defend, yet you keep mentioning two guys only?

Once again, the name calling.

That's what people who can't prove their point do.

But I won't stoop that low.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: