Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Dark Souls out Oct 4

Dark Souls, name changed due to licensing issues, is coming out for ps3 and 360 later this year. Namco/Bandai is publishing the game. Atlus, the original Demon’s Souls publisher, is coming out with their own competing game called Cursed Crusade. They look fantastic.

Dark Souls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsrNWNc2VCA

Cursed Crusade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_YUl3hr4Jo
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Demon's Souls sequel

hope it will be less insane this time, but probably not. going to check it out regardless as i did with demons souls.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

console only games can eat my dick
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected poster

Hopefully they do a better job of explaining how damage is calculated, what stats affect what... and most importantly, the whole body / soul concept and then white world / dark world thing.

If not for the wiki I wouldn't have survived that game. Also, better storyline/delivery of the story as well.

When you think about it DS didn't have great graphics, had good sound qualities, terrible presentation, yet still managed to be one of the most memorable games out there.

As for Dark Souls.... please don't leave me in the nexus after your introduction sequence again.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

I just got the first game the other day since it was $10 dollars... I am confused.

I played through the tutorial levels, found some big dude who owned me real quick, which seemed intended.

I was sent to this "purgatory" where I then preceded to go to the first level. I killed all the dudes, collected some stuff... and ya.

Maybe I'm over thinking the game, but is there something I'm supposed to be doing..? I feel like I'm just killing dudes for the sake of it.

The combat is alright but if the game continues w/ the same tone to where I've played at this point, I doubt I'll continue. It feels like an Asian MMO grindfest... with no rewards.

Is it worth continuing?
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The combat is alright but if the game continues w/ the same tone to where I've played at this point, I doubt I'll continue. It feels like an Asian MMO grindfest... with no rewards.
It is a grindfest. Massive one at times. It's rewarding though when you get some cool stuff and end up taking down some of the awesome bosses. From the sound of your post though, I'm not sure if you'll end up liking it any more than now if you keep going on.

There are some really cool tough enemies, massive bosses and great locations. But the dark punishing tone that you see at the start of the game will continue throughout. You will be replaying some zones purely just to get souls to level up.

I love the game but I can understand how people can be frustrated by it as well.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dark Souls out Oct 4

What system are you guys getting this on? I haven't heard of any bonuses for any people who played the first one.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

almost out, whose getting? think i might get after 2k12.

giantbomb quick look, very long
Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Been preordered for a while. I think I'll try to play through Ico and/or SotC first though before starting Dark Souls. Just got that today.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Oh yes! Getting mine delivered on the 4th.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i didn't like the first, i know what people say but the game felt cheap. a couple of times i died because i didn't see things coming. "BE CAREFUL! FIGHT STRATEGICALLY!" it strikes me as a game that if you are willing to sit there for 3/4 hours and really give it time, you'll like it. i don't understand why they couldn't have a better learning curve. Monster Hunter, which can be hard as shit has a better curve than this game. It just felt unfair and there is so much else out there i couldn't get into it. Maybe i'll try again sometime...it's a game that i don't like but i really get why others do.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #12
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

LebronairJAMES has decent reputation

never played demon souls since i have a 360 but i cant wait for this pre ordered a month ago so i got the collectors edition for the same price as the normal one
but comes out on the 6th here in australia
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #13
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Demon Souls was amazing, I platinum'ed that thing. I don't know why people think it is too hard, you try and fail, then learn, then try again until you succeed. The online component was awesome, especially when I could invade my friends on command and duel them specifically.

Definitely grabbing Dark Souls tomorrow and I hope its generally the same game with ramped up difficulty and more to do.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #14
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Oh yes! Getting mine delivered on the 4th.

you and Chris better play 2k too fool..
this aint Barbie Souls all day every day..
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #15
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

bump
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: