Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Default The Pacers have a legitimate shot

I'm loving this team. They've got all the talent in the world, and I think they can win the East if they begin to gel and keep any offcourt problems (that means you S-Jax) out of the way. They are top to bottom one of the most talented teams in the league.

I honestly think they can come out of the East. I mean, who's going to challenge them? They have enough firepower to run and gun with anyone in the league (maybe not Phoenix I suppose), and JO is an intimidating enough presence on the defensive end inside that it helps to make up for their slight defficiency in perimeter defense. They have two different lineups that both work very well against particular teams. One has Tinsley/Jackson/Harrington/JO/Foster, which is a very good rebounding lineup. The other has Granger in there for Foster, and has Al and Jermaine shifting down into the bigman spots. A VERY potent offensive lineup.

And let's not forget the banch. Quis has proven this year that he can be consistent enough when given the minutes. Jasikevicius is probably the team's best 3-point shooter, and is a solid distributer as well. The veteran Armstrong is a great bench guy, and can still play a few spot energy minutes each game. And the rest of the guys (Baston, Harrison, etc) fill in when necissary.

I'm calling it now and saying they will catch the Cavs and win the division, and then make it to at least the ECF. This is the first year in a while that they've actually been without many distractions (Jackson's not included) or injuries, and I think they can go pretty far.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
Koolbreeze07
I airball my layups

Default Pacers

We'll see. it's still early in the season and they don't even have a great record. Seeing is belieivng. One thing i don't believe is the pacers beatibg teh Pistons (or the Magic for that matter). Just my opinion.
Koolbreeze07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
joewait
National High School Star

Marquis Daniels needs more playing time
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
Marquis Daniels needs more playing time

...and so more offense.

pacers had a good win tonight vs. magic at halftime and they even led the way at haltime. foster is becoming my favorite pacer and is the epitome of the "blue collar" player.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I really like their starting frontcourt of Foster, O'neal and Harrington and they have Granger off the bench. They really need some smarter play (better shot selection) out of their guards, especially Jackson.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #6
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

they've got tons of players I like on that team. Even Rawle has had a few good games for them. I don't know if I like hanging my hopes on Jermaine O'Neal though
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #7
TheHonestTruth
Banned

This team has talent but always ends up disappointing their fans. I'm not sold on O'Neal being the #1 franchise guy. He's good but not that great. And that SJax, brotha has got to go.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #8
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Ye Pacers are pretty talented bunch, too talented..........
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #9
dak121
College superstar

Pacers need a PG. Tinsley is average, Cabbages is a designated shooter to bring off the bench, and Armstrong is an old man.

If they had kept Anthony Johnson they would be set. Just a stupid move to trade him for Armstrong.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #10
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

How far the Pacers can go depends way too much on Tinsley.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Default Re: The Pacers have a legitimate shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I'm loving this team. They've got all the talent in the world, and I think they can win the East if they begin to gel and keep any offcourt problems (that means you S-Jax) out of the way. They are top to bottom one of the most talented teams in the league.

I honestly think they can come out of the East. I mean, who's going to challenge them? They have enough firepower to run and gun with anyone in the league (maybe not Phoenix I suppose), and JO is an intimidating enough presence on the defensive end inside that it helps to make up for their slight defficiency in perimeter defense. They have two different lineups that both work very well against particular teams. One has Tinsley/Jackson/Harrington/JO/Foster, which is a very good rebounding lineup. The other has Granger in there for Foster, and has Al and Jermaine shifting down into the bigman spots. A VERY potent offensive lineup.

And let's not forget the banch. Quis has proven this year that he can be consistent enough when given the minutes. Jasikevicius is probably the team's best 3-point shooter, and is a solid distributer as well. The veteran Armstrong is a great bench guy, and can still play a few spot energy minutes each game. And the rest of the guys (Baston, Harrison, etc) fill in when necissary.

I'm calling it now and saying they will catch the Cavs and win the division, and then make it to at least the ECF. This is the first year in a while that they've actually been without many distractions (Jackson's not included) or injuries, and I think they can go pretty far.

7 years to make your prediction to come to fruition, different roster now.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: