Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation
Default Courtney Lee for Asik?

Over on a rival site I read that the rockets and bulls are discussing this deal, thoughts?
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Courtney Lee for Asik?

Yes! kinda. I believe in Asik getting a lot better, not starter quality but def 6th man quality. and Courtney Lee is pretty much maxed out.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

I would try to do a deal not involving Asik because we need big man depth with our injury history. Something like JJ and our 1st rounder. If its just a straight up deal and its a last resort Gar has to pull the trigger because Asik wont see much time in the playoffs and Lee will be the starting two guard. I dont think Lee has maxed out seeing he hasnt had a chance in Houston to even be the starting 2 guard and we saw what he was capable of in Orlando, Nets and some in Houston. I think given 30-35mpg he would be a 15ppg scorer. We would be one of the deepest teams in the league as well.

Rose/Watson
Lee/Korver
Deng/Brewer
Boozer/Taj
Noah/Thomas/Asik or no asik
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh Gosh...yikes....this is a tough one. Sort of. Asik is valuable because he is a true 7fter, he can run the floor quite well for a big, he is only a rookie but he has mostly rebounded well thus far, seems to have potential to become a very good shot-blocker, can finish at the rim decently so far when fed the ball. Am I getting this right?

Courtney Lee on the other hand is just what we need at the SG spot, or at least it sure seems that way. I think we know that if the fans were in charge, Lee would be a starter. Will Lee be a starter under Thibs? Is Bogus just going to fall out of the rotation all together, or will we need to start asking/complaining about why Brewer never gets minutes anymore because of Lee/Bogus?

I don't WANT to give up Asik without knowing the answers to some of these questions. I don't want to give up Asik because he is one of "our Bulls" and I get attached to all but the absolutely terrible players. I don't want to give up Asik because "we" traded 3(!) 2nd round picks, and "we" waited patiently for two years for him to come over and join the team. But...we are talking about Courtney Lee;someone who is an athletic, tough, scrappy guy that plays high quality defense around the perimeter, he can slash to the rim and he has a shot that needs to be respected and tightly guarded or he will burn the opposing player.

Damn. Sometimes you need to give something good to get something good. I don't LIKE it, but yes, if this is what the Rockets are offering right now I take it. I would worry about missing Asik in a year or two as he finds his groove in the NBA, the same way I would worry about letting JJ go. However, this deal gives the Bulls a much better chance to win a playoff series this year.

I don't have to like it, but I have to do it.

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 02-10-2011 at 03:22 PM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im not on the Courtney Lee bandwagon, so this is easy for me to say. NOPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find a real upgrade, not a minor upgrade at SG, then we can put Asik on the table.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lee is a good defender and a great shooter. He's a dramatic upgrade over Bogans.

Look at it this way: Come playoff times (if we did the deal, Asik for Lee) Lee would be out there starting every game. Asik would be getting leftover minutnes behind KT and Noah.

Asik had a great game last night but on the whole he hasn't done a whole heckuva lot this year. Sure, he can get better. But the impact a Lee makes over an Asik is pretty much what swings this deal for me. Especially if ALL they want is Asik.

Personally I'd rather package up and get Martin from them..

And everyone needs to quit overvaluing players because they are Bulls and we like who they are. Look objectively at the talent, not at attachment.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
game385
Great young streetballer

game385 has an OK reputation so far

Courtney Lee isn't gonna put us over the top and Boston's front court depth is gonna be a problem. I'd rather they hold pat until the offseason unless they can get more.

OJ Mayo anyone???
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by game385
Courtney Lee isn't gonna put us over the top and Boston's front court depth is gonna be a problem. I'd rather they hold pat until the offseason unless they can get more.

OJ Mayo anyone???

I am certainly open to having Mayo on the Bulls. As always though, what would the Bulls be giving up to acquire OJ? I would expect it to be much more than Asik.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Less than 1/2 a season to get chemistry, then a lockout, and then another season in the toilet for teams that aren't already gel'd.

Nope, just wait till free agency and the draft to make moves. I know people hate Bogans enough to want to join the klan, but be real. We aren't winning a championship with +1 underachieving SG and -1 servicable big. Not in this league.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Tough decision but I think if its straigh up Asik for Lee I do it. Sign a big man free agent for a big body and move forward with an upgrade at the two guard spot and a very good big man rotation once Noah comes back with Boozer/ Gibson and Noah/ Thomas plus whoever we pick up.

I know one thing if we wait until the draft I want Jordan Hamilton!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

No. Draft a SG or get him for a pick and Bogans. Giving up bigmen should be outlawed in Bulls nation.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

If we arent going to trade Asik for Lee what about JJ and our 1st rounder because I would do that in a heartbeat. We need to stop overvaluing our players as a fan base. We overpay Hinrich, Deng and Noah. We dont want to give up Deng for Gasol. Taj is untouchable. Now we think Asik is going to be the next Marcin Gortat. I understand about keeping frountcourt depth because we have boston in the conference and we have significant advantages over miami. What makes ppl think we couldnt get a younger better version of Asik in this years draft. I mean Asik is already 24 and still considered RAW. We can get a 19-21 year old in the draft that is RAW and develop him.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #13
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
If we arent going to trade Asik for Lee what about JJ and our 1st rounder because I would do that in a heartbeat. We need to stop overvaluing our players as a fan base. We overpay Hinrich, Deng and Noah. We dont want to give up Deng for Gasol. Taj is untouchable. Now we think Asik is going to be the next Marcin Gortat. I understand about keeping frountcourt depth because we have boston in the conference and we have significant advantages over miami. What makes ppl think we couldnt get a younger better version of Asik in this years draft. I mean Asik is already 24 and still considered RAW. We can get a 19-21 year old in the draft that is RAW and develop him.

The fanbase didn't overpay anyone. It's not over-valuing anyone.
Lee is being overvalued for putting up streaks on struggling teams. So lets call that a wash.

The real question is, will the Bulls go further in the playoffs this season with Lee added sans Asik?
Or will we go further next season WITH 2nd year Asik and an upgraded SG that can gel through the entire year?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #14
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Id rather stick with asik. Quality bigs are a hard to come by. And we have 3. I think we can get a solid SG and still keep our bigs intact. Solid SGs come a dime a dozen.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #15
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I have an idea, let's NOT trade our 7 footer rookie who has great potential and is improving every game for a shooting guard who is only marginally better then Ronnie Brewer. If this trade goes down, we're gonna be asking for new SG a year from now, only this time we'll have less trading chips.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: