Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 12-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Iverson Demands trade, Wolves interested?

http://insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

Kevin has to make this move. Perhaps James and Mccants? Blount, Ricky and James? Foye and Blount?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

Kevin has to make this move. Perhaps James and Mccants? Blount, Ricky and James? Foye and Blount?
If he doesnt, guess whos going to get fired?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #3
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

i have a feeling mccants or foye might be going, and we're going to regreat it like hell later...with them goes james, and maybe ricky
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

screw that...we dont need this trade.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
ARE U ON CRACK?!!!! dude imainge a.i and garnett together 82 games a year. the only way that this will not succeed is if a.i makes garnett a worse player, which i dont see happening. ai would make twolves a huge franchise alongside with garnett. think of attendance records!, think of sale records!, think of wins!
how about twolves making the playoffs or maybe the finals!!!
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #6
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
ARE U ON CRACK?!!!! dude imainge a.i and garnett together 82 games a year. the only way that this will not succeed is if a.i makes garnett a worse player, which i dont see happening. ai would make twolves a huge franchise alongside with garnett. think of attendance records!, think of sale records!, think of wins!
well i can see why 04mzwach doesnt want this trade...we dont exactly need ANOTHER guard, and we have plenty of young talent so he isnt exactly on crack...just thinking a lil more
Old 12-09-2006, 08:56 AM   #7
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

A.I. is an awesome talent, no question about it. But my problem with this whole thing is; will this affect team chemistry? If AI does not start or has to accept a reduced role, how will he react. This is a huge gamble for us in Minnesota, I hope that we get it right. The last time we gambled it costed us like 4-5 draft picks (The Joe Smith drama), which set us back 8 years.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
secondeye
Can barely lace up my sneakers

secondeye has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

I think they should do it just to inject life into the organization. Especially now that they're on a little mini-streak with an impressive win over the top team in the NBA record-wise.

Maybe it's because it's still football season, but I haven't even watched a Wolves game outside of the opener.. I have had no interest in the team since Flip was fired, and it's ridiculous because I had almost liked watching them more than the Vikings the previous year when they had their run at the Finals.

For this to work, it can't involve a first round pick, we have lost way too many picks. I don't even know when we next get a pick, but I think we lose at least the next two non-lottery picks for sure. We threw one away to the Clippers for Jaric, when Cassell is a better player out right.. then we threw away another when we traded Wally. So if we're not giving up a 1st, then we have to be giving up either a large expiring contract (The biggest we have is Eddie Griffin's 2 million, and 2 years on Ricky Davis for 6.7 mill) or a nice young player. (Foye or McCants)

Due to trade restrictions, we have to get real close to giving up 17 mill of contracts for Iverson, and Justin Reed and Mike James are not allowed to be traded.

I doubt the Wolves want to give up Foye, so it looks like the deal would probably be Eddie Griffin, Ricky Davis, Rashad McCants, and then to make it work, their pick of Hudson or Jaric.

I'm for it, and if anyone says that deal isn't fair to Philly, then they're nuts. You might not WANT it, but it's definitely fair.

McCants is probably the best young player they can get at this point.
secondeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach

do u actually see us going ANYWHERE with our current roster??? i like foye to, but if we get iverson, then i have no problem whatsoever letting foye go.

and i dont think we'll let foye AND mccants AND smith go, it would prolly be something like foye, davis or james, and hudson or griffin plus picks for AI and maybe a filler (i hope korver).
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #10
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

this just in we aint gettin Ai...our owner glen whats-his-face says its money issues ( remember at the beginning when he said he's willing to pay the money) maybe next time folks
Old 12-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #11
Jam.22_
LAL

Jam.22_ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Will never happen, even with Allen.
Jam.22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:33 AM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
A.I. is an awesome talent, no question about it. But my problem with this whole thing is; will this affect team chemistry? If AI does not start or has to accept a reduced role, how will he react. This is a huge gamble for us in Minnesota, I hope that we get it right. The last time we gambled it costed us like 4-5 draft picks (The Joe Smith drama), which set us back 8 years.

the joe smith deal was an illegal signing. but back to a.I. your ownership is nuts. your team is overachieving right now and then they say they can't AFFORD A.I. that's ridiculous. I know they read the espn quotes of kg saying he would love to have a.I. and the owners once again said "no kg we will not help u win, sorry"
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #13
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean

Does not start? HAHA since when does a top 5 players in the NBA still does not star on any team? And he will be the main guy KG has no problem having someone dominate the ball so much. Also AI does pass if he passed to one leg Webber 20 times last season per game he sure as heck will pass to KG.

And what gamble wow if I am Minny fans I would do anything to get KG+AI together. Foye will have to be in the deal. But I don't know are out Philly gm here likes Foye. He is good, but way overrated. AI+KG will not = a title with out another guy maybe but 2nd round of the playoffs very very possible. Only teams better for sure be Dallas, Spurs, Suns. Minny be able to beat the Denver Nuggets, and Clipps by having this duo.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge
Does not start? HAHA since when does a top 5 players in the NBA still does not star on any team? And he will be the main guy KG has no problem having someone dominate the ball so much. Also AI does pass if he passed to one leg Webber 20 times last season per game he sure as heck will pass to KG.

And what gamble wow if I am Minny fans I would do anything to get KG+AI together. Foye will have to be in the deal. But I don't know are out Philly gm here likes Foye. He is good, but way overrated. AI+KG will not = a title with out another guy maybe but 2nd round of the playoffs very very possible. Only teams better for sure be Dallas, Spurs, Suns. Minny be able to beat the Denver Nuggets, and Clipps by having this duo.

I used the "does not start" as an example. Most, if not all, all star players that get traded, will get playing time. I was saying that if the coaches asked AI to play within a system, what would his response be. To be honest, nobody knows. But I have a hard time seeing AI all of a sudden becoming this "team" player. All-Star games, don't count.

The gamble part. I see this has been the biggest factor. AI is great, no doubt. He has the heart of a lion, and I love that. But the thing that will affect any team is, AI is a high volume, low precentage shooter. He will need 20-30 shots a game, and I don't see us allowing him that freedom.

And there is the money issue. Can we afford two mega superstars salaries? It will be interesting to see. I would love to have AI here. But I see us giving up a lot in order to swing a deal. And I would hate to wait 5-8 more years before we get back into the playoffs.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

IF YOUR MINNESOTA you have to go out and try to get Iverson. Kevin is arguablly the best in the league... Iverson took his team to the finals without any help....imagine wit KG on his team. Plus KG and AI are around the same age. Both are not going to age soon. in fact with this trade i fully expect KG and AI to be rejuvenated. The same way that Vince Carter and J.kidd were when they got the trade done. IF the wolves get AI then they will have a rejuvenated AI+KG.. that would probablly be the best Duo in the league if it were to go down. Why not do it? Why upset Kevin and Leave him with a roster full of mediocre players that wont get it done and only make the playoffs at best. If dont make this deal they will probablly loose KG as he will opt out of his contract. So if im Minnesota id pull this trade off
by the way making it work out money wise, diddnt the owner say that the money wasnt an issue that they would be willing to pay the big bucks??? sounds to me like they lied a lil or jsut said something to keep kevin from bieng unhappy. KG has already stated "HE WANTS AI".....
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: