Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Anybody Think Rip or Tay Will Be Traded In The Next Two Days?

Just as the title says.... who thinks we'll actually see a trade? It really doesn't look like one will happen. I wish we could at least get a pick for Tay instead of letting him walk. I guess a sign and trade will be what we'll have to hope for. At least Rip will have more trade value next year as an expiring contract. With NY getting stronger at the top of the East it could mean we move a little farther down the totem pole. At least I'm actually hoping that. I think in order to get an impact player in the draft this year it will take at least a top 7 pick, though really there's only about 3 or 4 guys who have really high ceilings.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Anybody Think Rip or Tay Will Be Traded In The Next Two Days?

Duplicate
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Sounds liek tay stays, but I'm praying for a deal. Trade Rip and maybe STuckey if necessary. I'd love to get a Fesenko/Jefferson package from Utah now that they have Favors next o Milsap and Okur(back soon if not already). They'd love to dump Jefferson's deal I bet and they aren't fans of Fesenko.

Rip's deal is just as much as Jefferson's or close, but Jefferson and Milsap don't fit that well together and they need to play Favors a lot of minutes to find out about him. Rip would be a good fit at SG for Utah with Miles backing up Rip and Hayward off the bench. I think if we gave them Rip,Summers and our 1st we could seal the deal.

Our frontcourt would be much better all of a sudden. Fesenko is underrated. The Jazz have a HUGE plus/minus differential when he's on the court. Put him next to Jefferson and you have a big frontcourt that can clog the lane a big and also of coruse give you post scoring. Fesenko is very unskilled on both ends, but his size alone makes him an imposing defensive presence. He's also very physical. Put those 2 thumpers with Monroe and CHarlie and you have a nice mix. Clear Rip out of the perimeter rotation and you are looking even better. Jefferson has Prince,Gordon and Daye to free up space for him down low.

I think Prince will be extended for about MLE money
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd go for Jefferson. Fesenko isn't under rated though. The kid just doesn't have the work ethic to be a big time player in this league. Have you ever watched him play? He's typically terrible and he looks like he's in the worst shape of anyone on the court. He seldom hustles, which is something I can't stand. Utah has needed help at C for a while and he still hasn't cracked the lineup. That tells me something.

I do agree, I think Tay will not get traded. I've read the reports too and Joe D is actually saying he wants to resign Tay in the offseason. I think Rip probably won't be traded until his stock goes up next season when he's an expirer. Tay will definitely get paid far more than the MLE though.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: