Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
The Next Jordan
High School JV MVP

Default Raptors Trivia (which starter has the least blocked shots in the month of February)

Quote for the answer (but guess first)
1. Amir Johnson (16)
2. Julian Wright (3)
3. Demar Derozan (3)
4. Jose Calderon (1)
5. Andrea Bargnani (GOOSE EGG 0!)
The Next Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Raptors Trivia (which starter has the least blocked shots in the month of February)

But but but he had the highest PPG!

Oh and don't put the PPG into any context please. We don't want to see any other #'s. PPG alone. That's all that matters.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Raptors Trivia (which starter has the least blocked shots in the month of February)

I think at this point the dude just said f*ck playing defense. That much is obvious if you look at his statlines lately.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
The Next Jordan
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Next Jordan
Quote for the answer (but guess first)
1. Amir Johnson (16)
2. Julian Wright (3)
3. Demar Derozan (3)
4. Jose Calderon (1)
5. Andrea Bargnani (GOOSE EGG 0!)

Here's the answer for those who didn't know. Your leader, Mr. Andrea "Beastnani" has yet to record a blocked shot in the 9 games so far in the month of February and now averages less than a block per game. His last blocked shot was on January 31st, and he has only recorded 1 double digit rebounding game thus far this season back on December 3rd, 2010 against OKC.
The Next Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Next Jordan
Here's the answer for those who didn't know. Your leader, Mr. Andrea "Beastnani" has yet to record a blocked shot in the 9 games so far in the month of February and now averages less than a block per game. His last blocked shot was on January 31st, and he has only recorded 1 double digit rebounding game thus far this season back on December 3rd, 2010 against OKC.

It just makes you wanna puke when you realize that we are completely stuck with this non-sense.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Yeah... it is rather dissapointing to see him not rotate or box anyone out. I mean, if the guy is right in front of him and has the ball he'll make an effort to keep a hand in his face or straight up, but he doesn't realize defense starts as soon as the other team has the ball and only ends after your team secures possession..
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Doko
High School Starter

The fact that every time he blocks a shot they count it as a steal doesn't help tho.
Just yesterday he had 2 clear blocks, one was called a steal, the other one is a mistery, it just disappeared from the boxscore in any form.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
The fact that every time he blocks a shot they count it as a steal doesn't help tho.
Just yesterday he had 2 clear blocks, one was called a steal, the other one is a mistery, it just disappeared from the boxscore in any form.
If he gets the ball when someone is not even in a shot motion, it's a steal, not a block. Sorry for that rule clarification.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
If he gets the ball when someone is not even in a shot motion, it's a steal, not a block. Sorry for that rule clarification.

These bargnani supporters maaaaaannnn

It seems they will use everything and anything to support the guy. Now they have a problem with the rules. We should just randomly make new rules that fit this trash.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

Yeah.... I mean I honestly like Doko as a poster, but some of the stuff he says just makes me laugh and shake my head.

The world according to Doko
- The reason he doesn't rebound at a sufficient level was because:
a. Reggie Evans takes his rebounds away
then b. because it's his job to score the basketball, and it's not part of his role to rebound or play defense.

- The reason he doesn't have a blocked shot thus far this month:
-Because there's some kind of conspiracy specifically against Bargnani where the scorers table doesn't want to record his blocks as blocks and would rather put them as steals. I honestly think this guy is just helping us along with our comic relief in an otherwise dull and boring season.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Yeah.... I mean I honestly like Doko as a poster, but some of the stuff he says just makes me laugh and shake my head.

then b. because it's his job to score the basketball, and it's not part of his role to rebound or play defense.

-Because there's some kind of conspiracy specifically against Bargnani where the scorers table doesn't want to record his blocks as blocks and would rather put them as steals. I honestly think this guy is just helping us along with our comic relief in an otherwise dull and boring season.

I know it's a funny thing to say but I really think like 50% of the time they count his blocks as steals -.-
It particularly frustrates me due to fantasy basketlball reasons
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #12
kmart
No props needed

Quote:

So Dwight Howard is close to the league lead in steals too?

BTW in 9 games this month Bargs has gotten 4 steals. Whether it is in steals or blocks Bargs is not getting it done on the defensive end.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
So Dwight Howard is close to the league lead in steals too?

BTW in 9 games this month Bargs has gotten 4 steals. Whether it is in steals or blocks Bargs is not getting it done on the defensive end.
good call. i'd love to hear the response to this.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #14
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
I know it's a funny thing to say but I really think like 50% of the time they count his blocks as steals -.-(
It can be because he doesn't jump to block the shot
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
It can be because he doesn't jump to block the shot

Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: