Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation
Default Chanting at the garden...

What do you guys think about it?

Personally I find it very annoying. Very small-townish to me. They have a chant for everything and everyone (ie. roger mason) these days. If roger mason is getting his name chanted is there anything special about it anymore? its becoming more of a joke than anything. Also that "melo" chant sounds more like they're taunting him than cheering. And the MVP chant that started about a week into the season? This is the garden we're talkin about...

Am i the only one?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chanting at the garden...

Your the only one. What's so negative? Fans showing love to their players nothing but that. Shit you want to suppor people like RMJ because we can get a legit playet off the bench if he's given a chance when doing good. I know that the chants of Melo sounds unusual but it's definitely not taunting him doing it every time he goes to the line might throw him off and MVP chants to amare is good it encourages him to continue but may also spoil him.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #3
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

ehh, its a different environment now, with chants for everyone, and cheers for all these opposing players. i wonder if theyre new/bandwagon knick fans. i can understand cheering for someone like jordan or even kobe/lebron (before the heat), but we've resorted to practically begging people to play in NEW YORK... that along with all these corny chants, i think its sad. The only thing we should be chanting is DE-FENSE

Last edited by BrooklynZoo : 03-03-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the more cheers and chants you encounter at a game, the better it is. Trust me, I've been to plenty of games down in South Florida, and there is nothing worse than hearing a dead crowd.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I like the passion. The Roger Mason thing was weird (although it seemed to work, because he actually hit a couple of shots), but the energy is cool. The college-game atmosphere is definitely good.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

You are too used to NBA crowds. The Knicks fanbase has always been more college like with its intense support and willingness to travel.

Nonstop cheering and fan involvement in the game is why the Knicks will likely "upset" someone in the first round of the playoffs.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
You are too used to NBA crowds. The Knicks fanbase has always been more college like with its intense support and willingness to travel.

Nonstop cheering and fan involvement in the game is why the Knicks will likely "upset" someone in the first round of the playoffs.
I cant even imagine what it will sound like come playoff time.

Cant Wait!! (in my Bart Scott voice)
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

@ the Bart Scott reference.Me and my dad use it all the time lmao

As for the chanting,I thought this was going to be about us rooting for players not on our team just to get them here.The chants for our own guy aren't bad. Boston used to do it for Scalabrine.College teams do it for the walk-ons.I have no problem with it.The sarcasm is kinda funny.I agree though,the Melo chant does sound like theyre taunting him.It's so weird and almost demonic sounding. They need to add a Let's Go to their Melo.Maybe start off slow and speed up gradually like Rock Chalk Jay Hawk or the infamous "Let's Go Duke" (which is so cool but I utterly loathe Puke University ).
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
mcrd101
Good High School Starter

mcrd101 has an OK reputation so far

i do not understand how this could be a bad thing. I think chanting and heckling and all that makes the sporting event more fun. What fun is it just occasionally chanting "De-fense?"

Of all the sports I've watched, NBA crowd noise seems the least intense.
mcrd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
@ the Bart Scott reference.Me and my dad use it all the time lmao

As for the chanting,I thought this was going to be about us rooting for players not on our team just to get them here.The chants for our own guy aren't bad. Boston used to do it for Scalabrine.College teams do it for the walk-ons.I have no problem with it.The sarcasm is kinda funny.I agree though,the Melo chant does sound like theyre taunting him.It's so weird and almost demonic sounding. They need to add a Let's Go to their Melo.Maybe start off slow and speed up gradually like Rock Chalk Jay Hawk or the infamous "Let's Go Duke" (which is so cool but I utterly loathe Puke University ).

Let's Go Me-Looo.

I like it.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Leeeeeeeettttttsssss Gooooooooo Meeeeeeeee lllloooooooooo
Leeetttss Goooo Meeeee looooooo
Leeeets Goooo Meeee loooo
Leeeets Goooo Meee Loo
Leets Goo Mee Loo
Let's Go Melo (really fast)

lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

The 'Melo chants kind of suck because they sound like "airball"

and saying players names sounds like a taunt, even if it isn't.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo knows it isn't taunting, so it's cool with me.

I think they need to let him shoot his free throws in silence though.

The chants should come at times of clutch buckets on when he is on fire.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
Melo Screwed Us
Banned

Melo Screwed Us has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickswin
The 'Melo chants kind of suck because they sound like "airball"

and saying players names sounds like a taunt, even if it isn't.
yeah, i thought i was the only one hearin it like this. but it definitely doesn't sound like something that'd pump you up. should just be a short me-LO. instead of that gay shit. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllloo ooooooooooo. proly put him to sleep.
Melo Screwed Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King

not really. i dont really remember knicks fans chanting players names every game. you had to earn your cheers, or occasionally someone like herb williams who paid his dues with the club would get cheers or chants. when in one game you have chants for roger mason, jared jeffries and an opposing player (along with melo, stat) its getting ridiculous. its getting to be too much of a joke, id prefer the intense atmosphere, where a "de-fense" chant actually meant we were at a very tense moment of the game where we needed a stop. not chants of jared jeffries and roger mason and whoever else half-jokingly. i couldnt imagine something like this going on with the dont f*ck with us knicks of the 90s

and as far as fans traveling? those fans are displaced new yorkers. youre not gonna find a lot of people traveling across states to watch basketball games

i could be wrong but i feel like a lot of the fans at the garden arent the same folks who been with the team 10 or so years ago
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: