Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

Default JR Smith trade will haunt the bulls.

This trade is going to go down as one of the worst trades of all time, unless we get someone great with our 2nd round picks. But still, Smith would be the perfect Gaurd for the Bulls in a lot of ways, he can shoot and take it to the rack and finish. He would be like Gordon but with size and finishing ability.

Thoughts?
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

I agree, what were the Bulls think, they finally had a guard with height and shooting range and they trade him. Gordon is good but he's short at the 2 guard spot, Adrian Griffin brings d but no offense and is on and off the injury list and Thabeo or whatever his name is, is going to be a while before develops.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
This trade is going to go down as one of the worst trades of all time, unless we get someone great with our 2nd round picks. But still, Smith would be the perfect Gaurd for the Bulls in a lot of ways, he can shoot and take it to the rack and finish. He would be like Gordon but with size and finishing ability.

Thoughts?

J.R. Smith wouldn't put up those numbers in Chicago. They are too deep at the guard position. You can never second guess also. You never know how things could of ended up. He wasn't the kind of personality the Bulls wanted. People who don't play sports don't understand what that means to a team. But it is very important.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #4
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Everyone looks at potential and talent, you can have all the potential and talent in the world and still not have the right charachter a GM or coach looks for to accept you. For anyone to say the Bulls made a mistake in trading J.R. Smith, they are looking at how talented he is.

He is a talented player do not get me wrong, but if he is so much of a wanted player since there are those who question why the Bulls traded him, answer me this; why was he in Byron Scott's doghouse a lot last season while he was playing in New Orleans?

Even George Karl has said he is an enigma, and he is the Nuggets starting 2-Guard. He would have butted heads with Skilles, and would have been demanding that Pax trade him. In other words we would have had the 6'-5" version of Allen Iverson on the Bulls.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I just don't understand why the Bulls didn't get a first round pick for J.R. Smith. I hope the Bulls get a steal with the second round pick, that would be the only time the trade would be worth anything. Two second round picks is not enough for such talent. As a Bulls fan I'm very dissapointed. The Bulls were really ripped off with this trade. I would have prefferd a player that we can use along with a second round pick or a first rounder. Next time when the Bulls have a chance to get a young promising talent they should make the right move. I hope the Bulls learned their lesson.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #6
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

With the brawl at MSG, Paxson is starting to look like he knows what he was doing by getting rid of that thug.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

DOUG knows what he's talking about! This is exactly why we didn't keep JR Smith. His level of maturity was on display in the game against the Knicks. Meanwhile....in the last Bulls game...Nocioni takes a hard foul, gets up, and HELPS the guy up who just fouled him. He HEPLED up, the guy who just fouled him hard. Then there is JR Smith, the guy who's dream is to have his own shoe and not win an nba title, who takes a hard fould and then attacks NATE ROBINSON! lol Nate did instigate, but come on now! Go Bulls!!!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:15 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

maybe... but things might be different with the team a player plays in... maybe JR Smith just likes Nuggets more than Buffalo Wings...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: