Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Dwight Howard suspended one game for getting 16th tech of season

The Orlando Magicís Dwight Howard has received a one-game suspension without pay for receiving his 16th technical foul of the 2010-11 season, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

More: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7312
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
t-rex
17 NBA Championships

t-rex has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dwight Howard suspended one game for getting 16th tech of season

This is a terrible rule and policy. It hurts the game and fans. How does not having DH for the Magic's next game help the NBA? What about the fans that bought tickets hoping to see Howard play?

Ridiculous.
t-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

too bad, so sad.

its not like he doesn't know the rules.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Vancouver-Grizz
Where is MOTEN???

Vancouver-Grizz has an OK reputation so far

should of controlled his temper.

Nothing wrong with the rule. Howard will learn from this mistake. Throwing an elbow cause you are fustrated is not the type of sportmanship the NBA is looking for. Can you imagine if Dwight connected with the elbow? He probably be suspended for 2 to 5 games easily.
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
t-rex
17 NBA Championships

t-rex has an OK reputation so far

If NBA refs could officiate post play properly, a lot of these techs would have been avoided.

Howard takes a pounding every night. But he doesn't get any calls because refs give out fouls based on your size, not on what actually occurred.
t-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex
If NBA refs could officiate post play properly, a lot of these techs would have been avoided.

Howard takes a pounding every night. But he doesn't get any calls because refs give out fouls based on your size, not on what actually occurred.

you do realize Howard gets away with a ton as well don't you?

Shaq in his prime got away with more offensive fouls than anyone in league history. You think Howard doesn't get the same treatment? Maybe, just maybe if he could take the time to, oh I dunno, learn to shoot a damn FT worth a shit people wouldn't hack at him so much.

Stop crying.

Its his own damn fault he got his butt suspended.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation

Quote:

well from what i saw last night, you can't even breath on dwight howard. i saw some bs touch fouls with the slightest of contacts on whoever was guarding him.

I know it is not a representative of the other games this season, and i haven't watched much magic games outside of bulls games, but at least last night that was not the case imo.
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

I thought it was more of a "let go of my arm" swing, still he shouldnt done that like that.
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Slam91
Banned

Slam91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
This is a terrible rule and policy. It hurts the game and fans. How does not having DH for the Magic's next game help the NBA? What about the fans that bought tickets hoping to see Howard play?

Ridiculous.

This.

But come playoff time the NBA wont care about the Magic, as well as the Hawks, Celtics, Nets, Mavs, Rockets, Grizzlies, 76ers, Hornets, Raptors, Spurs, Bulls, Nuggets, Cavs, Wolves, Pistons, Blazers, Pacers, Thunder, Bucks, Jazz, Warriors, Bobcats, Clippers, Suns, Wizards and Kings.

All they will care about is an Heat - Lakers finals, or if Heat won't make it then at least New York. In the west only Lakers are acceptable.

Last edited by Slam91 : 03-05-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Slam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

NBA stand for No Basketball Allowed.

Let men be men, this ain't no pop warner league. That was an "get off of me elbow" not an "I'm about to elbow you elbow."
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
Slam91
Banned

Slam91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
NBA stand for No Basketball Allowed.

Let men be men, this ain't no pop warner league. That was an "get off of me elbow" not an "I'm about to elbow you elbow."
Yes, I don't understand this policy from the NBA, physical play is more attractive to watch therefor more $$$ for the league.
Slam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: