Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Default I had a dream that I was in the war room with Jerry Jones.

Here is what happened... (Just in case it comes true.)

I'm chillin' there with Jerry Jones, and it's our pick... I had this feeling Jerry Jones
didn't know what the hell he was doing because he was about to pick Mark Ingram at the #9 spot.

Jerry Jones looks at me... and says "I'll be right back"

He gets on his cell phone, walks around the war room, gets off the phone,...
sits back down next me and says "I panicked, I didn't know who take so I traded down"

Suddenly an announcement happens over the intercom... "The Dallas Cowboys have traded with the San Diego Chargers."

We swap first rounders - and we get San Diego's first round pick in 2012.

The crowd boooooo's.

(So looking at the draft order we move down to #18 and get San Diego's first rounder in 2012... is this a good trade for both teams?)

-TRUE STORY... i really had this dream.

Last edited by Riddler : 03-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default Re: I had a dream that I was in the war room with Jerry Jones.

If he didn't want to listen to Bill Parcells what makes you think he's listening to you?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

It depends on who's available with your pick. A lot can happen this draft, so many talented players can be available when the Cowboys get to pick. But it depends who's high on certain players earlier in the Draft.

But if the Cowboys decide to draft a pass rusher, I'd say go for it. Draft a DE with #18 and you'll have a decent pick next year as well. But as I said earlier, it depends on who's available.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
It depends on who's available with your pick. A lot can happen this draft, so many talented players can be available when the Cowboys get to pick. But it depends who's high on certain players earlier in the Draft.

But if the Cowboys decide to draft a pass rusher, I'd say go for it. Draft a DE with #18 and you'll have a decent pick next year as well. But as I said earlier, it depends on who's available.

dream is fuzzy...

the crowd boooed because there was a player worthy of taking at that spot.

kind of like how Parcells & Jerry got boooed when they didn't take Stephen Jackson........ which turned out to be an excellent trade w/ Buffalo
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Speaking of good ol boy Jerry Jones... I read story today that says he tried to intimidate the players in one of the meetings.. they laughed and said it bordered on comical... Wish I couldve seen that one.. lol

here's a great post that had me laughing

Quote:
This seems pretty tepid JJ behavior to me, although the "fist tap" is classic. I can't believe he didn't throw a highball glass across the room as he stormed out of the meeting, shouting "C'mon fellas!" - only to realize after the door slammed behind him that no one followed him out. I picture him at the negotiating table wearing Texas state trooper mirrored sunglasses and a ten gallon hat.

the imagery is great...

oh here is a description of what happened

Quote:
On March 2, the day before the expiration of the collective bargaining agreement, Jones helped steer the negotiations to the point of no resolution in a meeting between owners and players.

"I don't think we've got your attention," Jones said to the players, several of whom recounted the incident to SI. "You clearly don't understand what we're saying, and we're not hearing what you're saying. So I guess we're going to have to show you to get your attention."

Jones tapped his fists together for emphasis -- the players interpreted it as a sign that a lockout was coming -- then stood and walked toward the door. As he reached the end of the table, Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, another labor hawk, began to rise, but Robert Kraft of the Patriots, who was sitting next to him, put a hand on Richardson's forearm and kept him from going.

If Jones's intention was to intimidate the players, he failed. "I think everybody in the room thought it was overly dramatic, almost hilarious," one player said. "It was like a Jerry Maguire moment. You know, 'I'm leaving. Who's coming with me?' I know it didn't scare any of us."
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: