Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 12-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
bandit21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bandit21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Iverson to Dallas?

I really hope that this thread is meaningless, but I have to ask my fellow Dallas fans...why even throw a deal out there?...I'm sure it's been put out there the possible deal of Stack, Austin and Devin for A.I., but I personally would not welcome this trade at all. I have no problem with Devin as our starting PG, he's growing (albeit gradually) to become a solid to good point guard. Also, adding another big contract; I thought we were done with those types of moves since the days of acquiring Jamison, Walker, etc. All in all, I'm just hoping that this move doesn't happen, I'm perfectly fine with the team we have.
bandit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Cuban has already said the Mavs will not be making a move for Iverson. As long as they want Harris and The Mavs don't want to trade him, he won't be coming here.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i don't think cuban would get along w/ iverson. their personalities would clash.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ...

Cubes doesnt get along with anyone that doesnt kiss his ass.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:09 AM   #5
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

I hope this doesn't happen. for one, is iverson going to be happy playing second fiddle to Dirk? as far as I know Iverson hasn't played second fiddle to anyone since he's been in the League, or at least for several years.
also, you're giving up 3 players for one. who's going to fill in for the backup PF spot, or come off the bench in place of Stackhouse. with Stackhouse out right now because of Inj , the bench players are not contributing very much at all, see tonights Utah game. other than A. Johnson, bench might as well not shown up.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:23 AM   #6
BlondeBomber41

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Not only is the bench not showing up, neither is Jason Terry or Josh Howard. Basically the only players playing worth a damn are Dirk, Dampier, Anthony Johnson and on occasion Devin Harris. Howard and Terry are playing really streaky and its pissing me off.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

that would be realllll stupid of cuban to break up a team (who in fact made it to the finals) and chemistry not to mention the roster depth for a player like iverson
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Anthony Johnson has not been playing that good. At least offensively. His defense has been ok. But until last night his shot has been off.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:50 AM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ...

this is a repost on my part but im too lazy to comlpetely re-write it.

the Mavs as currently constructed suck.

they have alot of wins against poor teams and the 3 good wins they do have are tainted by catching teams on the second night of back to backs and injuries.

they need to make a trade NOW before its too late.

Buck, AC, George all suck (i hate being right on that). how did they ever get reps as shooters? AC and George are both 40% lifers for crying out loud!

AJ is mediocre but wouldnt be getting the PT he is if the Mavs had actually gotten a damn SG like they needed this summer (a late round draft pick that never plays and wont be ready for at least 2 years doesnt count).

Diop has regressed.

JHo and Terry now seem like they were playing for contracts last year.

Damp has been off and on but I expect that from him at this point.

Avery needs to rework the BS ISO offense b/c it aint pretty and wont work with all these cats that cant shoot. It also creates a facade of the D being better when really teams are scoring less b/c of the slowed pace. I dont know why announcers continue to think the Mavs are fast paced b/c they are not. The only teams slower on O are Houston and Memphis.

Dirk is the only player pulling his weight.

The Mavs are about to become the new Timberwolves.

Welcome to the Darkside
Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #10
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Buck and Croshere have been less stellar, but how are they any worse than KVH and his whopping 42% shooting. George at least bring some defense in. Buck may not give all the hustle plays that Griff did, but at least they don't cheat off of him at the offensive end like they did Griff. I don't see Diop as regressing at all. He still gets his boards and blocks, and can't score. Pretty much status quo. Jet and his woes are one of the problems.

I don't see how the new players are hurting as much as you would think. Teams are coming after them harder now. If these bouts of poor play keep up then I would look at trades. But as far as Minnesota. I doubt seriously the Mavs don't make the playoffs. A little shock value there don't you think. Go to the darkside, you'll have plenty of friends from db.com there waiting for you.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

Default ...

Quote:
Buck and Croshere have been less stellar, but how are they any worse than KVH and his whopping 42% shooting.

AC is shooting a wonderful 32% while Buck is sitting pretty at a badass 39% and George is shooting 31%. Your D means squat when every time you shoot its a virtual turnover that leads to a fast break for the other team.

Buck really bothers me b/c he consistantly either jacks up a 3 or drives in like he is going to shoot and passes out but only after the Cs have turn their backs in anticipation of rebound thus causing a 3 seconds violation. he is the anti Stack.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #12
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Buck has definitely been a disappointment. And you hit the nail on the head with your assessment of his offense. To be honest, I really wasn't expecting much from him offensively, despite the hype about his 3-point shooting. I just wanted someone they would honor more than Griff. But he hasn't even done anything to warrant that so far. And I have been less than impressed with Buck on the defensive end. Barring injuries we shouldn't see AC and George out there together. And probably not much AC at all. And I can't think of one reason why he should be.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:09 PM   #13
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Mark Cuban said yesterday on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio that the Dallas Mavericks are not at all interested in Iverson because he feels that he would'nt be the piece that gets them over the hump
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #14
BlondeBomber41

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
this is a repost on my part but im too lazy to comlpetely re-write it.

the Mavs as currently constructed suck.

they have alot of wins against poor teams and the 3 good wins they do have are tainted by catching teams on the second night of back to backs and injuries.

they need to make a trade NOW before its too late.

Buck, AC, George all suck (i hate being right on that). how did they ever get reps as shooters? AC and George are both 40% lifers for crying out loud!

AJ is mediocre but wouldnt be getting the PT he is if the Mavs had actually gotten a damn SG like they needed this summer (a late round draft pick that never plays and wont be ready for at least 2 years doesnt count).

Diop has regressed.

JHo and Terry now seem like they were playing for contracts last year.

Damp has been off and on but I expect that from him at this point.

Avery needs to rework the BS ISO offense b/c it aint pretty and wont work with all these cats that cant shoot. It also creates a facade of the D being better when really teams are scoring less b/c of the slowed pace. I dont know why announcers continue to think the Mavs are fast paced b/c they are not. The only teams slower on O are Houston and Memphis.

Dirk is the only player pulling his weight.

The Mavs are about to become the new Timberwolves.

Welcome to the Darkside

Tell me again how the road win @ San Antonio was tainted by injuries or a back to back? Same goes with the road win @ PHX. Both teams were on a back to back that night.

20 games into the season and you are freaking out like this? Horrible fan. Adding pieces like George, Croshere, Buckner and Johnson is gonna take some time. We are lucky to be 14-7 at this point.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #15
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
Mark Cuban said yesterday on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio that the Dallas Mavericks are not at all interested in Iverson because he feels that he would'nt be the piece that gets them over the hump

Yeah, but Harris, Stack and Croshere will?

Cuban=idiot.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: