Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Why does Kobe's career so contingent on what Jordan has done?
In almost every Kobe thread, Jordan is brought up. We have a discussion regarding Kobe being "a great scorer", "top ten player" or "great work ethic" etc. Jordan is brought up.

Kobe can't be a legend without being better then Jordan?
I understand that he is the closest thing we seen to Jordan (because they possess similar skills and play a similar position; not to mention really similar physical characteristics) but can we appreciate Kobe for who he is without having to bring up probably the greatest player of All-Time?

Probably the greatest myth on this forum is people like Loki claiming that so many Laker fans believe Kobe is better then Jordan; I've yet to see one case that backs this claim up. I see guys like eliteballer dissect certain things Kobe might be better at then Jordan but I've yet to see anyone claim that Kobe is down-right the better basketball player. Besides perhaps some obvious trolls whose opinion doesn't matter anyways.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; appreciate Kobe for Kobe, it's like people keep belittling the man because he hasn't lived up to Jordan's legacy.

WHO CARES? No other player in league history has achieved what Michael has.

Just because Kobe isn't better then Jordan at a particular parameter; doesn't mean he isn't GREAT at it. It just never made sense to me why whenever someone brings up Kobe's talents; such as being a great clutch player, other posters will never give credit to the guy by bringing up Jordan or Bird etc. who were better then him.

It's a real disease guys.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
DonCorleone
Banned

DonCorleone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Because Jordan stans are insecure.

Notice how you never see Jordan brought up for any other player. Nor do you see any other player get slighted for winning championships with other great players.

Kobe is held to an unreal standard of how his career should have gone.

All because Jordan stans are insecure.

If they want to be real about it, Jordan never lived up to the legacies of Bill Russell and Kareem.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Harion
Banned

Harion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist

Notice how you never see Jordan brought up for any other player. Nor do you see any other player get slighted for winning championships with other great players.

If they want to be real about it, Jordan never lived up to the legacies of Bill Russell and Kareem.
it's not the Jordan fans making all these threads trying to compare Kobe to Jordan it's all these stupid Kobe stans who are insecure, knowing Kobe's career is closing and still their idol can't even breathe on Jordan's greatness. if you notice, Jordan fans are quite happy with letting things be because they know who the true GOAT is. it's only when idiot Kobe stans open stupid threads that others see the need to point out how stupid Kobe stans are.

you also confuse those who argue for Jordan as being Jordan stans. you couldn't be more wrong.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harion
it's not the Jordan fans making all these threads trying to compare Kobe to Jordan it's all these stupid Kobe stans who are insecure, knowing Kobe's career is closing and still their idol can't even breathe on Jordan's greatness. if you notice, Jordan fans are quite happy with letting things be because they know who the true GOAT is. it's only when idiot Kobe stans open stupid threads that others see the need to point out how stupid Kobe stans are.

you also confuse those who argue for Jordan as being Jordan stans. you couldn't be more wrong.

It's a two-way street; I constantly see non-Laker fans bring up Jordan in pretty much every Kobe related discussion.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
griffmoney1784
Banned

griffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

because of expectations

anything but GOAT for kobe is considered a failure
griffmoney1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

**** outta here. It could be a thread about Kobe having a great night, and one of the first posts is about how Jordan did it better.

Most of the comparisons come from Jordan stans. And no, Jordan stans are not quite happy, for if they were, there wouldn't be a 50 plus page thread on the first page discussing the two.

You ****ers are the most insecure fans, ever, in any sport.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Dude you are one of those Lebron stan that just argue against Kobe for the sake of arguing. You are one of the worsest posters here so STFU.

Quote:
Kobe can't be a legend without being better then Jordan?
That is what I always ask myself. Kobe is not going to be better than Jordan? Big whoof, who the fvck cares. He is a great player and is probably going to be known decades after he retires. He's not better than Jordan, but I think it is a privilege for him that people consider him that he MIGHT be as good as the GOAT.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
because if I don't compare Jordan to Kobe in every thread I start, I'm afraid he may somehow be forgotten

There you go:

Seriously, didn't you just do a thread yesterday titled " Have you Jordan fans ever considered THIS for Kobe?" or something like that, regarding him going for a 4-peat?

At least I try to keep my yapping in threads dealing with both players. I may read a Laker Game thread or 2, but I rarely if ever post in them. In fact, a Laker fan was complimenting on how "civil" the thread was during the Laker's last game. However, if you're gonna start a thread like the one titled above, don't be surprised when you get some responses from Jordan fans.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Dude you are one of those Lebron stan that just argue against Kobe for the sake of arguing. You are one of the worsest posters here so STFU.

That is what I always ask myself. Kobe is not going to be better than Jordan? Big whoof, who the fvck cares. He is a great player and is probably going to be known decades after he retires. He's not better than Jordan, but I think it is a privilege for him that people consider him that he MIGHT be as good as the GOAT.

Precisely.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Harion
Banned

Harion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Dude you are one of those Lebron stan that just argue against Kobe for the sake of arguing.
i don't argue againts Kobe for the sake of arguing. i argue against stupidity. there is a big difference.
Quote:
You are one of the worsest posters here so STFU.
please. i could not possibly top Griffmoney or Hulk Hogan.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
XxSMSxX
Banned

XxSMSxX has decent reputationXxSMSxX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
There you go:

Seriously, didn't you just do a thread yesterday titled " Have you Jordan fans ever considered THIS for Kobe?" or something like that, regarding him going for a 4-peat?

At least I try to keep my yapping in threads dealing with both players. I may read a Laker Game thread or 2, but I rarely if ever post in them. In fact, a Laker fan was complimenting on how "civil" the thread was during the Laker's last game. However, if you're gonna start a thread like the one titled above, don't be surprised when you get some responses from Jordan fans.

This. Most of the time i see Jordan stans talking about Kobe v Jordan it's because some Laker fan/troll brought them up together. I don't ever really see any Jordan stans making topics about them
XxSMSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

WRONG. I'm not a Jordan stan and I post in Kobe vs Jordan threads that Kobe can't lick Michael's footsole.

It's not Jordan "stans". Just people with common sense.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is a pretty well-respected posterCalabis is a pretty well-respected posterCalabis is a pretty well-respected poster

LOL....I'm a Jordan guy(stan I guess), but yet I'm not the one starting all the Kobe/Jordan threads, I just argue the misinformation these Kobestans continue to put out.....if its not taking away parts of "insert player here" resume, then it becomes a age factor, then when you counter using age(ie Kobe 18-19) then age can not be used and those years are dismissed, then when using games played, then its back to removing two/three seasons, etc, etc.....if you don't kiss Kobe's ass, you will be attacked or they resort to Jordan/Lebron attacks, which then gets a response, which in turn leads to a "Why so much hate for Kobe" thread 2 hours later

I've said a milli times, Kobe best player of his generation, 2nd best individual talent I have seen, last of a dying breed(players i love watching), but since I think MJ is better, I'm a MJ stan, if you don't think Kobe is better than MJ, then u'r a hater, if u point out flawed arguements by a Kobestan, your a hater......

Last edited by Calabis : 03-18-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Harion
Banned

Quote:
You ****ers are the most insecure fans, ever, in any sport.
you see, that's the 1st mistake you Kobe stans ever make whenever these Jordan vs Kobe arguments come up. you always assume those for Jordan are Jordan stans when they're simply not. at least Bandito knows who i'm a fan of. not even remotely a Jordan stan. i'm a Pippen fan first before Jordan.
Quote:
Most of the comparisons come from Jordan stans. And no, Jordan stans are not quite happy, for if they were, there wouldn't be a 50 plus page thread on the first page discussing the two.
maybe it would be because of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
It's not Jordan "stans". Just people with common sense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: